Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Suggestions for a step sequencer to use with Ruismaker?

2»

Comments

• How about a good sequencer that works with AUM on the iPhone?

• @Audiojunkie said:
    How about a good sequencer that works with AUM on the iPhone?

I use Genome and like it. As for the iPhone, I gave up looking. But, Xynthesizr is somewhat workable.

• Ok, got it working with patterning, now while it drives ruis, now im playing with ruis sound setting, but how would i choose my snare (2) to tweak it without triggering a sound while pressing the second button?

• @Audiojunkie said:
    How about a good sequencer that works with AUM on the iPhone?

Very basic, but Infinite Looper would work. Or, if you really only want to use it on iPhone, Aleph Looper

• Would Music Studio or BM2 work?

• FL Mobile is essentially the same app as Music Studio, and it works. BM2 I don't have currently installed. Maybe someone else can comment.

• Patterning running ruis via aum is super laggy for me. Lots of latency. Ipad mini 4. Anyone else having issues?

• @Goozoon said:
    Ok, got it working with patterning, now while it drives ruis, now im playing with ruis sound setting, but how would i choose my snare (2) to tweak it without triggering a sound while pressing the second button?

Just tap pad 2 in Ruismaker once to select it and you can tweak away while the sequence is playing. It will remain the active (editable) (edible?) pad until you tap another one. Alternatively, if you have a sequence running in Patterning with note data for that pad (2) you could just solo that pad in patterning to hear it in isolation.

• @ion677 said:
    Patterning running ruis via aum is super laggy for me. Lots of latency. Ipad mini 4. Anyone else having issues?

Haven't encountered any latency issues with this setup. Have you tried adjusting the audio settings in AUM's menu? Particularly the buffer size. And are you using the "__silent" kit in Patterning that @wim provided on the first page of this thread? That might help take some strain off your CPU.

• @Goozoon said:
    Ok, got it working with patterning, now while it drives ruis, now im playing with ruis sound setting, but how would i choose my snare (2) to tweak it without triggering a sound while pressing the second button?

You can mute the channel buttons. It's an option in settings. Check out the Ruismaker section in the iOS Settings app.

• One thing just struck me: the tempo-syncing of the delay effect takes its tempo from the AU host (i.e. AUM). So you'll need to set AUM's tempo to the same tempo as Patterning if you want the delay effect to play nice with the tempo... Unless there's a way to sync AUM automatically to Patterning.

• @brambos said:
    One thing just struck me: the tempo-syncing of the delay effect takes its tempo from the AU host (i.e. AUM). So you'll need to set AUM's tempo to the same tempo as Patterning if you want the delay effect to play nice with the tempo... Unless there's a way to sync AUM automatically to Patterning.

Both IAA and Link method synced well on these two. So no worry then...

• Change one will automatically change the other.

• I'm showing my AUM-noobiness here ;-)

• @brambos ,

You don't need to worry them. Just making sure if someone using Patterning on Ruis, Patterning has to be with Ruis on AUM when doing midi with IAA method.

• @brice said:

@Goozoon said:

Just tap pad 2 in Ruismaker once to select it and you can tweak away while the sequence is playing. It will remain the active (editable) (edible?) pad until you tap another one. Alternatively, if you have a sequence running in Patterning with note data for that pad (2) you could just solo that pad in patterning to hear it in isolation.

Just tap and it makes a sound i dont want to hear.. i wish there are some tapable buttons to select the sound for editing, tap wothout the sound

@brambos said:

@Goozoon said:

You can mute the channel buttons. It's an option in settings. Check out the Ruismaker section in the iOS Settings app.

i'll try in the evening

• @brambos said:
    One thing just struck me: the tempo-syncing of the delay effect takes its tempo from the AU host (i.e. AUM). So you'll need to set AUM's tempo to the same tempo as Patterning if you want the delay effect to play nice with the tempo... Unless there's a way to sync AUM automatically to Patterning.

Pretty much link handles the tempo perfectly :) I actually have patterning on my ipad3 sending midi to aum on the air2 with link syncing them both. So it doesn't even have to be the same device lol. Have both connected to each other using my iconnectaudio4+ so midi latency is negligible.

• @brambos said:

Or something like this? please forgive me, i used your artwork wothout asking in advance

Ruis.png 266.8K