Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

To Modstep users ( and beta users ) and Modstep developers

edited June 2016 in Support and Feedback

@Nerk_, @Cblomert,

I am on newest Modstep beta. I tell you one serious thing from now before new version out.

You have the new preset system button under the AU app on that vectored window. This is a fancy idea from your developer! When I have detail look on all AU synths and FXs, I have found it is brighter for the interface.

Problem is all the fond shape stick to the original scale design by all developers has been 'Distorted' by that accommodating to the new preset button augmented under AU window.

When I was first looking at NS1 and then again on Ruismaker, from which all fond text has 'Ugly' shape. Then I look back to AUM, I know now your new interface design has problems.

You know it, the fond sized and any graph of AU format has been in fixed state with pixels and vectored scale. Why you move preset buttons in there. Modstep looks good for the preset button, but looks so bad for all AU stuff in that AU window being changed by you.

Please, make it other place, even design a multi-layered menu bar for Modstep.

I am highly pissed off by your developers constantly and dramatically changing the interface buttons and knobs positioning with random thoughts without many discussion with customers before it is out to the market.

Thank you for listening.

Comments

• edited June 2016

This NS1 photo gives users a view on the new beta narrower vertical screen size for that new preset bar under AU window.

The screen shot taken with iPad screen image size.

Now look at the text 'Filter' and the out put circle.

You can see they are flatter. Even the circle is flatter to oval shape.

Please, design a switch-able and slide-able multi layer menu bar for more buttons on menu bar.

You can also see how thick the black color in the middle. What a waste of space in there.

• Enkl AU synth is already flat enough, now flatter on Modstep.

It is too hard for many people's fingertips.

• edited June 2016

This is a private feedback I get from a forum member.

I am much aware of privacy for beta-testing. I should not further comment any beta good and wrong to public forum member. I should make an apology for this manner to all others feeling for what I did.

My point is there is a one way communication for this matter. I have never been asked or seeing member users being asked for modification on Modstep due to the opinion from users agreeable being changed for updating.

They are very good group, the Modstep team, but something from my seeing is so dramatical to the interface amendment. That is it has a need for pressuring sometimes to get back to the right track.

From recent comment from @cblomert on Ruismaker. He said the issue has been fixed! It is not fixed with two consecutive beta now. I am wondering what is the meaning for testing? Everything are so messy in these prior beta not to mentioned the Ruismaker with Cream Mobile problem.

I do not want others to insult the Modstep team when their real new update is out the door. I repeat that I am responsible for the job to testing and reporting back to them; not to you.

I hope in future, if any change to the further newer version would not surprise and shocking you, or even let you hate it for this app.

I know this time if I don't speak out, it will be published with this AU screen issue. It will be there for you. Would you be happier to use Modstep in this one way discussion result out the door to store for you?

I think that is it. I need to call it a stop to comment any secrecy with any beta.

I don't mind what you said to me, I am appreciated! I have only one mission, it is a better Modstep to you. end.

Cheers.

• edited June 2016

I'm curious. Did you try pming any of the devs before you posted here ? Cause this really isn't the way you behave as a beta tester. :(

• edited June 2016

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    I'm curious. Did you try pming any of the devs before you posted here ? Cause this really isn't the way you behave as a beta tester. :(

My purpose is not the way or not.

My purpose is for you later on shut your mouth if that AU graph has any wrong to you to surprise you when it is out.

I am here to pre warming you. Idiots.

I don't expect someone attack them (developers) with his/her dumb insulting to Modstep.

You are the same with that guy who reply to me, both of you do not know the meaning for my message here.

Many of you have been noticed to see good result on AU things with this coming version.

Well..., then...?

• i would have preferred to have this as a private conversation as well. there is an option to send feedback via testflight - which also makes it much easier for us to see.

to the cream issue not being fixed in 2 betas:
    1. its a beta
    2. its a combination of 3rd party apps that cause the issue, therefore it's not something we can easily fix - hence i invited you to the beta to help us find the issue.
    3. i never said it's fixed, i said we might have found the issue and that includes the possibility to be wrong. but being pissed while i am trying to fix these issues on a 30 degrees weekend is not really a good boost to motivation.

• I agree wholeheartedly with the private feedback you received @Kaikoo2.

• @cblomert
    When will you add an UNDO function,Dropbox support,choke groups to sampler.

• edited June 2016

@cblomert ,

1. For Modstep team. As I known, there is most likely I won't receive feedback from you. I did many emails to you, have none from your feedback.

On other developer, I have constantly feedback from.

1. Please, when you do things, do it after your consulting or discussing with existing users. Better to have your own forum for avoid open space.

2. I am not pissed off by not fixing something wrong on existing issues. I am pissed off by moving around the interface and seeing a flat AU window issue not existed before. I try to protect you by openly deliver what users expected to get from my beta with. They will give you more delighted words if you want after out! Now I receive counter-productive feedback.

3. I have much higher temperature on my area and my time including the weekend for youR Modstep. Don't you think that is what a good customer is for you.

I have been fed up with lots voices on Audiobus Forum to say Modstep unworthiness. I sometimes think if I let you guys know what is in advanced or beforehand, it would be better for users to have more comfortable zone for feeling with the updates. Hence, you must know you do not have a feedback two way system for your app to customers.

In addition, Moebius beta has been openly discussed, it is a welcoming sign that developer is willing to let beta discussed and shared with customer wisdoms.

So thank you if you are not happy.

As I always seeing in this world, if one does hundred goods is not equally weighted with one wrong. Just the fact!

How logical it is by others selfishly judgement on case by case and one by one criticism.

No more helping on Modstep. I am not living on this, Thanks.

• edited June 2016

Btw,

my last feedback to Modstep beta (with lots wording and photos) have you response with mutual message reply? No.

That is my precious few hours energy to test it with precision understanding what Modstep is as a knowledgeable Modstep user has been gone.

• edited June 2016

betas can be discussed, don't get me wrong - but when i personally ask you to join a beta to test a certain issue i do not expect it to be publicly discussed on a forum. Or would you want us to get extremely cautious while doing betas, simply to not make a bad impression on some public forum?

What do you think new customers will think when seeing this thread?

I appreciate every feedback from you, and as far as i am able to - i will reply. most of the time when reading feedback from you guys i rather get on with fixing and checking out the issue and get back as soon as i had a go.

1. this is what testflight and the testflight feedback is for - to discuss it with our beta users before launching it to the public.

2. The flat AU issue is a scaling issue which can easily be fixed - and no it was not meant to be this way - so yes definitely your feedback is very useful and a big help to us (and always has been) - what i am objecting is the way it is presented publicly. - Just as a heads up: we will definitely keep moving around the interface, until we and the majority of users think it fits. Otherwise we'd be forced to stand still, modstep is already too complex in certain areas, and without bigger changes we would not be able to do anything.
      What i meant with 'being pissed' was your sentence 'it has not been fixed in two consecutive betas' i can sense some 'being pissed' about the beta progress - and i already wrote what i thought about that in my last reply.

3. that's the point - we usually do not have this kind of weather. It's the first summer weekend in berlin, and sometimes even devs want to go out and enjoy some sun (not very often, but it happens ;) ) i'm just saying: we are humans - and waking up on a sunday to read how bad our latest beta was is not a happy way to get out of bed.

We will happily discuss betas - even publicly - but we would like to steer that ourselves: e.G: we have some huge new features that we want discussed, that we need feedback on. Or something experimental that we are not sure of.
    Our last updates have SOLELY been inspired by feedback from users of this forum and we have very actively been collecting and evaluating your ideas. But it is much much quicker to discuss features than to actually implement them - so it will take us a bit to come clean on all these requests. This does not mean we do not listen to feedback.. quite the opposite - we are working on fulfilling these wishes right now. step by step

However this is not the case when we are bugfixing - bugfixing is nothing else than cleaning up on our own errors - maybe this comparison is a bit far fetched, but imagine you did an exam - and you give a preliminary draft to your teacher: i doubt you would like it if the teacher asked you to come to the board and publicly try to fix these errors, while yelling 'booo' when you are doing it wrong. That's a bit how it feels - even if it was meant differently.

long post short: we would be sad if you stopped sending your feedback and ideas kaikoo - it's been very valuable to us and i am sure it would be in the future.

• It's 8 degrees in Sydney and my arse is freezing.

• 46 degrees in Cyprus with 78 humidity. A tad warm here..... Last night 26 degrees with 100% humdity...... All night, & I'm cleaning swimming Pools from 5am till 4pm( with no break). Try that one?....... Lol. :* ........ Not to worry, it'll soon be August.......... Even hotter!!...... :s ......... With the weight loss, I'll be down to just 2 chins by the time winter comes......... :D

• @cblomert - just want to say how great ModStep is and how much your work is appreciated.

Enjoy the weekend and take a break if you can.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    @cblomert - just want to say how great ModStep is and how much your work is appreciated.

Enjoy the weekend and take a break if you can.

+1

• I would say this is a problem with communication.

Ive been going beta testing with modstep since its release and have up until now always had a great two way communication. Every testflight email that I have sent has been responded to and the responses have been, 'this will be fixed in the next update'. And they have been fixed in the next update! It has been an amazing experience working on the MS beta.

Recently I havent had my latest emails acknoledged though. There are a number of reasons this could have happened, they are very busy coding but feedback is important and it has to happen in both directions.

The other difficulty with beta testing MS is not knowing if you have found an error or if you are trying to do something in the wrong way. People like Kaikoo and Jacob who have an intuition about the app have done a real service to the community in explaining there work flow. I love you kaikoo and I love you MS dev. I want them both around in the future so please be patient and show restrain in judging them to harsly plz

• @Kkani said:
    @cblomert
    When will you add an UNDO function,Dropbox support,choke groups to sampler.

+1 on undo/redo button especially. We're playing on desktop DAW playing fields with modstep, it's just a given that at this level an undo button is part of the workflow.

• Big respect to the Modstep team in developing software which inspires so much passion in it's users. :)