Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Go Home Audiobus Your drunk

For over a year I have been enjoying using audiobus, invested money into some awesome apps that are compatible with audiobus my favorite daw Nanostudio, I use MicSwap, 3D piano, and I'm a guitarist so I use Tonestack Go, a few months back I bought another iPhone because I fried my audio jack, note do not hook up loop pedal to phone. Anyways now that I have a new iPhone 5, I reloaded all my apps onto it, happy about that, here in lies the issue. I load up Audiobus, and let's go with I attach and launch 3D piano in input, ok piano loads up and I get play back (sound), then in the output I load nano, and get playback(sound) from nano, switch back to piano, and no sound. I've deleted apps countless of times reloaded them, and rebooted phone, no luck. This doesn't make any sense either, I go into settings and turn audiobus off, so I can hear the piano, when audiobus is switched on no sound from piano. Here's another weird happening, lets load up audiobus attach MicSwap, launch MicSwap, no sound, it registers as sound on the VU meter. I switch back to audiobus hit the arrow to remove the app, and for roughly 3 seconds I can here the mic activate. I don't want to purchase another recording program since I've invested into the compatible apps with audiobus, and would continue to upgrade and invest as long as there is a solution to this problem. Any suggestion or help please..

Comments

• Of course you're not going to hear 3D piano after you load NanoStudio in the output. NanoStudio doesn't pass the audio through. Load it as an input, not as an output.

I'm going to guess on MicSwap that you you need to select the speaker output in AudioBus. Some apps don't automatically enable the speaker output. I don't have MicSwap so that's just a guess.

• I've always attached 3D piano to input and Nanostudio to output. I believe that's what your saying. My guess since updating the phone that something has changed, because before I was able to get sound from piano even when Nanostudio was in output. So something has changed, ok figure this one. When 3D piano is in INPUT, I launch it I get sound, now, I load Nanostudio in Output, I load nano select a TRG for the piano, and no sound. Again now so you understand Piano is in Input and Nano is in Output. I have recorded countless of times using 3dpiano and Nano together, usually when both apps are loaded together in the correct place I still get sound out of the piano. What has changed? And you have me confused I do not see a speaker output switch in audio bus. With Mic Swap I'm using headphone straight into the phone just like I have always done.

• This is a known bug with Nanostudio. After an update to Audiobus some time ago, and because Nanostudio hasn't been updating to keep up, its 'input' slot was broken. It'll no longer record sound via Audiobus (and, by extension, cannot pass sounds through). This didn't used to be a problem, but now it's one reason that people are clamoring for Nanostudio 2.

Threads about this issue come up fairly regularly on the NanoStudio support forum, which is how I know that the issue is widespread. I looked it up because I was having the same problem, a few months back, and it made me sad; the only way to use Nanostudio, now, is with sounds imported from elsewhere.

• I appreciate your feedback, very helpful!!