Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SampleTank > AB > BM2 recording glitch

Hi guys, long time no post. Anyway, dusted off my iPad Mini for a new track last week and it's going well. Been doing a lot of SampleTank into BM2 via Audiobus and I've been noticing a weird little glitch... In BM2 I arm the appropriate recording track, do my recording, etc. Goes well enough. But sometimes the recorded track gets offset, usually a beat or two to the left (earlier), after I stop recording, so I have to manually realign things. I turned quanitizing off in BM2, wondering if that's why, haven't noticed it since but that could just be a coincidence.

Another thing, sometimes after I stop the recording then go to record again (same track/sample loaded), the sample volume is crazy high all the sudden and distorted. If I switch back to SampleTank I'll find the volume knob has been cranked almost all the way. I can lower it manually and go back to BM2 and resume recording normally, at least until it happens again. It seems like I started noticing this when I was messing with insert effects, but I'm pretty sure it happened with those turned off too.

Anyway, not show stoppers but strange little glitches that I was wondering if anyone else had noticed. Thanks!

Jesse

Comments

• I don't use BM2 but I have noticed a similar thing happening sometimes in Cubasis. After making sure no unnecessary apps are running in the background, freeing up some space by deleting unused apps, freeing up some memory by restarting the iPad and working in Airplane mode, things improved considerably! I have an iPad 2.

• @jesse- on the second part of your post:
    BM2 leaves all of the audio tracks armed and with monitoring on- be sure that the tracks you aren't recording on have those switched off.
    As far as sampletank's volume, be sure BM2 isn't sending any volume automation data to sample tank. There is a known "bug" where if you go back to the beginning of a project in BM2, it resets volume automation to full. Just a couple of thoughts

• @Dubhausdisco -- you might have hit on something there. I don't use automation, but I frequently double-stop (hit Stop twice) to get the playhead back to the start of the project. Would this cause the volume to reset to full as you described?

@AlterEgo I do aa full iPad restart before working in ST or BM2, both are resource-hungry and on my iPad mini will be very stuttery if I don't do a complete reboot before using them together.

• Yes. Just make sure BM2 isn't sending the data to sample tank.

• Since the subject is Beatmaker 2...
    Anyone having problems with the screen freezing when trying to zoom in a recent opened project with audio files in it? Sometimes, when I open a project and zoom in to see the whole timeline, after reading some audio files, the screen just stops responding.