Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 1.5 is out

The redesign of the instrument browser is brilliant. Took a second to figure out but you can get the browser, controls and pad or keys on the screen at the same time in a beautiful, ergonomic layout.

Comments

• I like Micrologue, a simple but good sounding synth.

• edited July 2013

Awesome update. The instrument browser is brilliant and the Micrologue sounds really good. Nice addition to drum loops midi.

• It's a well thought out update, love it, thanks development team.

• Why does Cubasis appear to be more CPU hungry after update? Just touching the screen with no tracks recorded, the CPU meter spikes to 50%.

• Perhaps they switched to total CPU usage instead of Cubasis only?

• @PaulB That may be the case. I've noticed some distortion using Micrologue Synth also.

• @mgmg4871 I've experienced the same things with CPU & distortion

• @JMSexton I left a post on the Steinberg forum. It may help if anyone experiencing this leaves one there also.

• edited July 2013

@JMSexton I went into airplane mode and all distortion is gone. Micrologue does not play well with wifi on. I guess wifi shouldn't really be on with any recording activity.
    Update: After a few passes with recorded tracks the distortion showed up again.

• edited July 2013

I like that you can do multiple freezes on one track to produce several audio track clones, but don't forget to leave "unfreeze deletes the audio track" unticked in setup.

• Yea I thought that was really cool; have a midi track, freeze, and it creates an audio track. Nice feature

• @JMSexton I'm not sure you understood what I was saying. If you freeze a track and unfreeze it the audio track remains if in setup you unticked the feature I was talking about. So if you click freeze track again it will create another audio track. This way you can clone multiple audio tracks from the original midi track. This can be useful for editing cloned tracks to make subtle changes or effects.

• Pretty cool feature!

• Yea, I was just talking about the feature in general and how its neat, of course you can do as you stated lol sorry it wasn't necessarily a response to you just a statement

• Oh, ok. Just wanted to make sure you didn't miss anything. That feature has great potential.

• edited July 2013

Running Cubasis from output slot in AB removes distortion in Micrologue. I'm guessing because AB is setting buffer size to 512. I don't have iAd in airplane mode either.

• Let's say that I add one of the built in audio drum loops to a track. Is there a way to "drag" multiple identical segments of that loop out so that I get 30 seconds or a minute of that loop instead of re-adding that loop multiple times or cutting/pasting over and over?

• No, that's not a feature, but just clicking copy and then paste will add clip to end of existing clip. You can do this multiple times to get desired length.