Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

*SoundFonts*

1235»

Comments

• thanks StormJH1 and Maarten for the nice links.
    @Coloobar, iPad Air 128GB. But the one I mean is a different one. Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra SF2 works for me too. But its not one SF2 with all inside, but all as single SF2. The HQ Orchestral Soundfont Collection v3.0 comes as one single SF2 more than 500mb big. Thats what I was talking about.

• edited August 2014

My version of Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra is all in one big file, roughly 480 megs. Pretty sure I've loaded other soundfonts of similar size with no problems as well.

I would take it into a soundfont editor and break it up into smaller sf2 files. One for percussion, one for horns, etc.

• Maybe something is wrong with this file.

• Anyone know of an orchestral soundfont collection that utilizes 24-bit .wav files?

• This is a great thread, thanks all for providing great soundfont resources. However, (all) the links for Guitarded and Orchestrated seem to lead to dead dropboxes. Does someone have them readily available for my downloading pleasure, or could they be uploaded somewhere? If I get them I can put them on one of my servers or in my (150gb) dropbox.

• I was never able to find those two (I asked above) - actually I found Orchestrated, I believe, but either it was a different one or the sound quality didn't impress me. There are a LOT of Orchestra ones, but if I need those, ThumbJam is still my preferred way to go. Lots of options for note layering and great vibrato/dynamics. A SoundFont is really just a particular type of "sample" so the end result isn't fundamentally different.

Guitar, on the other hand, I find very difficult to nail with a sample, and guitar is my primary instrument, so I am picky! The best I've found are these ones I was referred to by another poster on page 2 of this thread:

http://www.destructavator.com/7fonts.html

I imported the clean ones into Caustic's PCM/SoundFont player with a splash of chorus and had arpeggiated sequences going that sounded as if I had played them on an actual guitar.

• @StormJH1 said:

Guitar, on the other hand, I find very difficult to nail with a sample, and guitar is my primary instrument, so I am picky! The best I've found are these ones I was referred to by another poster on page 2 of this thread:

I imported the clean ones into Caustic's PCM/SoundFont player with a splash of chorus and had arpeggiated sequences going that sounded as if I had played them on an actual guitar.

I downloaded and tried those and they didn't seem to loop correctly for me. They're all choppy and the soundfonts get truncated. It's a shame cause the quality seems really good.

• @Coloobar said:

@StormJH1 said:

I downloaded and tried those and they didn't seem to loop correctly for me. They're all choppy and the soundfonts get truncated. It's a shame cause the quality seems really good.

Hmm, weird. Haven't used them in awhile, but it's possible they don't agree with some players. There are quite a few .sf2's I try out that don't work in bs-16i, I just discard and move onto another one.

• I was running them directly in Multitrackstudio. I'll give BS-16i a shot.