Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus for MINT.io and other Amidio apps

edited December 2012 in Support and Feedback

Hi,

We would really like to incorporate Audiobus into our apps, however we have a strong feeling that Amidio is the ONLY developer who wasn't given SDK access due to some vague reasons.

Comments

• Nope, I have been in touch with a number of developers and gotten the same story. Right now, audiobus is closed to a select few.

• I hope you guys get the SDK soon :) I downloaded and upgraded mint io last night and its a blast.

• I believe the SDK is not available to everyone because the Audiobus team wanted to be able to handle the support load.

• edited December 2012

We believe that we can do a better job by doing this as fast as we can rather than just adding more and more developers only to find out we're in over our head. That means we have to reject requests for the SDK to make sure we can handle the support load.

• edited December 2012

But this rule didn't apply to Steinberg of course.

By the way, thank you litebritedeath82 for the good words about MINT.io, it will become even better with the 1.1 update :) (MIDI)

• edited December 2012

• You just assume that given the Social Media coverage and the confirmation Steinberg is in contact with Sebastian that they already have the SDK. Which might not be the case. Everything is just speculation as long as Sebastian or Michael don't say otherwise :)

• edited December 2012

We do not comment on developers having the sdk or not or if they're working on something before the developers in question went and announced it themselves.

We also do not comment on WHEN a developer in question had gained access to the SDK which in some cases could have been weeks or months ago, even though they only launch their apps now (and somewimes even without AB support).

It's all just speculation and to be honest it's the kind of stuff we don't want to busy ourselves with, ideally.

The more we have to 'justify' our decision not to give developers access to the SDK and make public announcements over who has had it since when and is doing what with, the longer it will take us to actually make the SDK public.

• edited December 2012

{ Off topic ramble self-removed. }

• Considering their track record of creating apps and nearly never updating them or removing features people paid for, I would not be surprised if they never gave this company the SDK. AmidioInc has not shown themselves to customer friendly by any means.

• Why is minit.io iOS 6 only?

• I'm guessing that comments about mint.io or questions about it should be directed to their website, not this one

• I thought the audiobus development team has already explained their development process. Due to the limit of 100 licenses they can share among their partners prior to development, they're having to boot strap their way into the public SDK. In addition, they're having to work the kinks out with a smaller group of developers and end users. Rushing this process can lead to bad user experiences and slow down the adoption of audiobus. Everything I've read has pointed to their desire to make the SDK public as soon as feasible. Sharing the SDK helps everyone's bottom line and if it takes awhile to disseminate the SDK among the music app developer community, I think patience rather than getting bent out of shape would be a more appropriate response. A professional developer would raise their concerns in a developers forum rather than a user forum. The users want as many apps as possible to have audiobus support and are putting pressure on both the audiobus developers and their favorite app developers to make audiobus support a reality. Nevertheless rushing things too quickly and public riffs among developers hinders progress rather than promotes it. Perhaps app users can help to diffuse the situation by letting developers who'd like to have audiobus support ASAP to please their users, have users who understand and accept that it may take awhile and is not a reflection of the dedication by either the AB or music app developers?

• I'm closing this thread now. Thanks to everyone for voicing their opinions.

This discussion has been closed.