Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone tried the Korg NanoKey Studio?

wimwim
edited June 2016 in General App Discussion

This looks like the mini controller I've been looking for. Has anyone had any experience with it?
http://www.amazon.com/Korg-NANOKEYSTBluetooth-Keyboard-Controller-Backlit/dp/B01AT2AT6S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465101371&sr=8-1&keywords=korg+nanokey+studio

[edit]
doh. Not out yet. Please ignore. :#

Comments

• I've preordered already. Looking forward to it!

• Looks like only battery powered?
    Not clear if you can only connect to the iPad by Bluetooth, or can you connect by USB?

• @wim said:
    Looks like only battery powered?
    Not clear if you can only connect to the iPad by Bluetooth, or can you connect by USB?

You can connect by both.

• Musician's Friend has the most optimistic ship date, 6/15. Other sites say 6/24. It's gotten pushed back several times.

This is going to be great. I have the nanoKey 2, love the drum pad like buttons. Use it as my main keyboard. And I have the nanoKontrol Studio. Love the form factor, and just being able to pair it with Bluetooth and not have to mess with USB hubs. This is all that in a blender.

• Meh. Gotta have it. :#

Is the battery life OK?
    Can it be bus powered?
    How's the Bluetooth latency?

Gonna pre order so answers not really needed. I'm just curious if anyone knows.

Thanks!

• I just received an email this morning from KORG announcing that the nanoKEYStudio is "now available". So hopefully pre-orders should start rolling out the doors soon.

• They also mention updated gadget with Korg Native mode, meaning no setup when using with gadget.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    They also mention updated gadget with Korg Native mode, meaning no setup when using with gadget.

From the demo videos I've seen, it looks like a very simple sync process between the nanoKEYStudio and Gadget. Pretty much just open up and go.

• No iOS app to manage presets unfortunately. Gotta bust out the PC once in awhile I guess.

• @wim said:
    No iOS app to manage presets unfortunately. Gotta bust out the PC once in awhile I guess.

Yeah, I asked KORG USA on Twitter about an editor on iOS, but didn't get a response. I'll keep asking.

• Weird. I got the email announcing the availability of the nanoKEYStudio today, but can't find any mention of it on their website, Twitter account, etc.

All the online stores are showing "available" dates from 06/22 out to 07/10.

Yes, I'm checking these sites constantly. I need help.

• Heh. Even if it comes I don't get to bust it open until Father's Day (only way I could justify it to myself).

• I ordered one from an Ebay seller in Japan. It finally shipped this past Friday. Just checked the tracking info. showing that it arrived in New York earlier today. I may have it as soon as tomorrow. The shipments to Western music retailers should be pretty soon i would think.

• @wim said:
    Heh. Even if it comes I don't get to bust it open until Father's Day (only way I could justify it to myself).

I justified it on the "ordered it without telling my wife" plan. She doesn't really have a good inventory on my gear, so I may be able to sneak this one by her.

• @Seangarland said:

@wim said:
    Heh. Even if it comes I don't get to bust it open until Father's Day (only way I could justify it to myself).

I justified it on the "ordered it without telling my wife" plan. She doesn't really have a good inventory on my gear, so I may be able to sneak this one by her.

I justified mine with the "selling previous gear on Ebay" plan. That plus returning the Arturia Minilab to Guitar Center for a full refund:)

The Nanokey Studio is much more compact and not having to bother with a USB cable and Lightning-to-USB connector makes it that much more convenient. In fact, it now rivals the famous OP-1 in terms of grab-and-go accessibility and fun at a fraction of the cost.

• Amazon has just updated their listing as being "in stock", sold by Pitbull Electronics. Estimated delivery date June 15-20. No other retailer that I've found has updated their listings from "pre-order".

Yes, I'm excited.

• Just to let you know, we are supposed to receive inventory on 6/15/2016. That date is provided by Korg as a courtesy and is subject to change. If they do live up to the date provided, we will have to process that inventory before we can ship. Processing generally takes 2 to 3 business days, which would put us at around 6/20/2016 for your order to ship.

Response from Musicians Friend this am.

• @wim said:

Just to let you know, we are supposed to receive inventory on 6/15/2016. That date is provided by Korg as a courtesy and is subject to change. If they do live up to the date provided, we will have to process that inventory before we can ship. Processing generally takes 2 to 3 business days, which would put us at around 6/20/2016 for your order to ship.

Response from Musicians Friend this am.

Nice. Definitely looks like the release is imminent. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve night.

• Got mine last Tuesday. I love it! Perfect size, works great and no more cable clutter:)

• @Dham said:
    Got mine last Tuesday. I love it! Perfect size, works great and no more cable clutter:)

Does it work with Cubasis?

• Yes, it works with any app. that has MIDI

• @Dham said:
    Got mine last Tuesday. I love it! Perfect size, works great and no more cable clutter:)

Where did you get it from? First impressions?

• I read that the batteries are AAAA (Quad A). Is this true?

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@Dham said:

I bought it from an Ebay seller who lives in Japan. This is the Ipad controller I have always wanted. It is small, lightweight, has knobs, KAOSS pad and what puts it over the top is the wireless connection. No more having to search for a USB cable and then having to find my Apple USB adapter:) The integration with Gadget is also very nice and convenient.

• @Telengard said:
    I read that the batteries are AAAA (Quad A). Is this true?

They are ordinary AAA batteries.

• @Dham said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@Dham said:

I bought it from an Ebay seller who lives in Japan. This is the Ipad controller I have always wanted. It is small, lightweight, has knobs, KAOSS pad and what puts it over the top is the wireless connection. No more having to search for a USB cable and then having to find my Apple USB adapter:) The integration with Gadget is also very nice and convenient.

I forgot to mention the pads, pad chords and arpeggiator which are also really cool. The software bundle is also great and very useful.

• @Dham said:
    I forgot to mention the pads, pad chords and arpeggiator which are also really cool. The software bundle is also great and very useful.

Hey! Just stop man.

Please just tell us it sucks until the rest of us poor clods get ours. You're killing me. And @Seangarland is probably in a mental hospital by now. :s

• @Dham So the BT MIDI just shows up like any other MIDI device/app? I was hesitant cuz I thought the bluetooth might not always show up (I don't think I've ever used a bluetooth device with my ipad).

• @Dham said:

@Telengard said:
    I read that the batteries are AAAA (Quad A). Is this true?

They are ordinary AAA batteries.

Awesome!

• my roommate offered me $150 to get her more alcohol the other night, it's like god wants me to have this controller.