Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Question about DM1

First of all, I would like to thank @DerekBuddemeyer for sharing his drum sound, and I load it into DM1, it sound amazing, this is the reason I install back DM1 after I abandoned it about few weeks....

Here is the question, can DM1 create smaller beat like 1/16 beat. What I observe now is only 1/4 beat and when I click the "2x" button, it give me 1/8 beat but I need to increase the bpm to get what I want... am I doing this right or actually has a proper way?

Another question is in the timeline, how can I left the whole bars empty without drum pattern? Like the first bar has a drum pattern, then second bar the drum is off and come back the third bar...

Comments

• edited June 2013

In Pattern view, touch over the last "LED" above the last step and drag to the left to shorten the pattern step by step.

If you want to change the time signature, use the drop down list on the upper left, just below the DM1 logo.

You can add empty patterns to the timeline in Song view, just don't add anything to the pattern (save an empty pattern for that, say Pattern 1), and drag it to the timeline.

• @RockinGarage, where did you get Derek's drum sound, from Bm2? Just curious as I'd love to do exactly what you're talking about (loading it into DM1), I don't have bm2... Wondering if his samples are available/posted somewhere. Thanks.

• edited June 2013

@LouDur

Derek's BM2 Drums

It's in this post, link is under the SoundCloud sample of the drums. Can't remember if you can access the samples without BM2 or not.

• Appreciate it JMSexton, will investigate!

• @LouDur : Derek post in this thread, down there he got explain about the installation in bm2

http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/1207/finding-proper-drum-vst-with-sequencer-for-input-in-audiobus#Item_13

The drum sound from Derek consist of wav file for every drum, so you can copy the whole bunch of wav file into dm1 and load it, but the groove I didn't try....

• @RockinGarage, yes saw the notes, good to know the wave files can be copied and placed into dm1. Thank you.

• edited June 2013

I'm confused. DM1 uses 16 steps which represent 16th beats at the given tempo.

• @DerekBuddemeyer Thanks for the samples
    @RockinGarage Thanks for the tip about not needing BM2

• edited June 2013

@LouDur & @TedBPhx : hope you all enjoy... haha

@syrupcore : normally we say 1 bar = 4 beats,
    so there are 16 steps in DM1 for 1 bar, 1 steps only 1/4 beat.... That is what I understand...

• I'm no theory guy but 16 steps per bar = 16 sixteenths! Where 1/4 = a quarter note (4 beats per bar), 1/16 = sixteenth note (16 beats per bar). The quarter notes in DM1 are the ones of a different color.

If you want 32nd notes, double the tempo and use the 2x view. If you want 64th notes, quadruple the tempo, 2x the view and use two patterns to equal one bar.

• edited June 2013

Sorry if a bit OT:did somebody successfuly SYNCED DM1 to another app??I tried it with cubasis and Beatmaker but doesn't work...i hate the midi sync mess on iOS.Can't believe how shitty this works (or better:NOT works..)