Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

mSequencer - Only 16 pattern slots? Please tell me I'm wrong!

I just bought mSequencer, and have made what appears to be a disturbing discovery. Is it true that there are only 16 unique pattern slots available to create patterns with? It appears that way to me, and that seems to be WAY too small an amount to create a whole song with. Please tell me that I am wrong! Genome has unlimited pattern slots available. Let's say I want to create a full song with intro, verse, chorus, bridge, end -- 5 song parts that could use a unique pattern for each instrument (for example 5 pattern slots for drums, 5 for bass, 5 for lead, pads, etc., etc). Drums can use more if fills and variations are used, and instrument part variations could bring the number up more. This would barely leave enough unique part slots for two instruments--let alone more. If I used a multitimbral app like the BS-16i, I could easily use more than twice the number of pattern slots for an average song--this is perfectly feasible with current capabilities of an iPad2 and mSequencer and the BS-16i app. Please correct me, because I just bought mSequencer, and I can't find a way to have more than 16 unique parts slots, and it seems to be the biggest thing lacking in this app. Thanks!

--Sean

Comments

• Can any of you experienced mSequencer (MIDI Pattern Sequencer) users confirm this or let me know if I am wrong? (and if I'm wrong, PLEASE tell me how to get more than 16 unique patterns in a particular song!) Thank you! :-)

--Sean

• Thank you! That is a useful workaround!!! So, if I understand correctly, I could create an entire song composed of the drum parts, go and import patterns from a song for bass and import up bass parts from that, and do the same for lead, etc., etc., etc... So there is an unlimited number of patterns available that way then? I'll have to try this out! Thanks for letting me know!!!

Do you know of a good way to do chords? It appears that one must program each single part of the chord individually. Is there a way to do a realtime step record of a chord or something?

By the way, I was able to reach the developer, and this is what he said about the patterns:

"Hello,

Now you can use up to 16 patterns in current project or you can add more patterns
    from any other project into current. And I plan to increase pattern numbers in the next versions.

Regards,

Igor Vasiliev"

This appears to be good news! Your method, if I understand it correctly, should help me get around the pattern limitation issue until the number is increased. :-) Realtime recording (or step recording) of chords would be really nice though. :-)

Thanks again,

--Sean

• +1 for recording chords in from chordion, prochords and polychord

• Thanks again @synthandson for your input! You are understanding me correctly regarding patterns and song creation, and you also confirmed what I thought about chords capability within mSequencer. It appears that mSequencer is best used for creating non-chord song parts, rather than complete songs. I originally was thinking about using a GM Soundfont in the BS-16i app to create a complete song using mSequencer, but I'm thinking that mSequencer is more suited for patterns rather than whole songs (thus the name "MIDI Pattern Sequencer." ;-) Thanks again for your comments! :-)

--Sean