Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SKRAM --- updaaaaaaaaaaaaateeeeeee !

124»

Comments

• But I don't want patience. I want instant gratification!

• I think that Liine should take from all this fuss, is the fact that people obviously like what is there already.

:), ignore the impatients for now, and make 'em smile when the update is ready !

• "I believe that a trusting attitude and a patient attitude go hand in hand. You see, when you let go and learn to trust God, it releases joy in your life. And when you trust God, you're able to be more patient. Patience is not just about waiting for something... it's about how you wait, or your attitude while waiting."Joyce Meyer P.S : Richie Hawtin is my god :)

• @mschenkel.it said:
    Ffs. Instead of whining go make some music.

Good point ! I've got a WICKED groove going in SKRAM , chuffing brilliant , so I'm going to record and......erm........open it in.......erm....

• @carol said:

@mschenkel.it said:

Good point ! I've got a WICKED groove going in SKRAM , chuffing brilliant , so I'm going to record and......erm........open it in.......erm....

Can't you record it? Yes you can
    Can't you rewrite in another app? Yes you can
    Can't you reverse engineer the sounds? Yes you can
    Can't you do any of those? Erm...

• edited June 2016

@mschenkel.it said:

@carol said:

@mschenkel.it said:

Can you record a jam and email it to yourself (or a friend)? No, because for personal reasons I don't have an email account setup in my iPad , and that's a silly option anyway .

Can you 'pull it out of the Skram folder in the iTunes File Sharing window'? No , because I don't use another computer to back up my iPad .

Can I connect it via Audiobus or IAA like most serious music apps ? No .

Can I ' open in ' the recording via Audioshare ? No .

Can I copy and paste the recording ? No . Is it possible to save more than one recording in the app ? No .

Is this app deliberately wasting my time like a cheese shop with no cheese ? Yes .

• @carol said:

@mschenkel.it said:

@carol said:

@mschenkel.it said:

Can you record a jam and email it to yourself (or a friend)? No, because for personal reasons I don't have an email account setup in my iPad , and that's a silly option anyway .

Can you 'pull it out of the Skram folder in the iTunes File Sharing window'? No , because I don't use another computer to back up my iPad .

Can I connect it via Audiobus or IAA like most serious music apps ? No .

Can I ' open in ' the recording via Audioshare ? No .

Can I copy and paste the recording ? No . Is it possible to save more than one recording in the app ? No .

Is this app deliberately wasting my time like a cheese shop with no cheese ? Yes .

Hawhaw! (Insert picture of Nelson pointing)

• @carol said:

I remember in one of Doug's vids on TSTR he demo'ed using send via email to get sounds from something, and you don't have to actually send the mail, just create it and save as a draft or something like that, then you can copy the audio
    Dunno if this would work with no email account setup at all though, and can't remember which app/vid it was in....

a bit of a pita, but it may at least put some plain old mild cheddar on those shelves :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@carol said:

I remember in one of Doug's vids on TSTR he demo'ed using send via email to get sounds from something, and you don't have to actually send the mail, just create it and save as a draft or something like that, then you can copy the audio
    Dunno if this would work with no email account setup at all though, and can't remember which app/vid it was in....

a bit of a pita, but it may at least put some plain old mild cheddar on those shelves :)

Thanks for the suggestion - tried this when I first bought the app ( wasted an hour or two on it ) but it didn't work . Edam ? Normally yes , but not today sir ..

• edited June 2016

@carol said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@carol said:

Thanks for the suggestion - tried this when I first bought the app ( wasted an hour or two on it ) but it didn't work . Edam ? Normally yes , but not today sir ..

Oh...well I guess we're left in a pickle, with it driving you crackers then :p

• edited June 2016

@Nathan said:

@srcer said:
    They do seem earnest, which in software is about as good as it gets.<

>

Respectfully, this is untrue. We see a good number of developers who are earnest and deliver. I would hope that the makers of Skram join them soon.

I should clarify that I was addressing the unknown quantities. Obviously delivered software is better than undelivered (though I would argue that really buggy software can be worse than nothing at all, but that's more subjective). When I said 'as good as it gets' I was referring to the odds of any given software being finished. They have a stated goal. When I say 'earnest' I'm saying I believe they are working on it. Can they do it? How long will it take? I argue even they don't know. That's not a commentary on them. It's a commentary on the nature of software development. Anyone that buys in before it's done (for their definition) is a brave soul. Yet filling a critical role in two ways. First validation. If zero people signed up with the initial volley that's a bad sign that paying for more development is good money after bad. Second it helps with finance. Shipping an MVP (minimum viable product) and charging for it is a great way to get the money needed to keep going. Money that's hard to get from banks, because it's not a very objectively measurable capital allocation. It's a bet on people. Particular people. To do something they've never done before.

• Alright, just warming up the thread...

• Been playing with Skram a bit lately... Man, it’s too bad it was abandoned. There are soooo many clever ideas packed into this one app. Shove it into AUM and use some fx and eq’ish stuff and it can sound really really good... Anyone know why it died?

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    Been playing with Skram a bit lately... Man, it’s too bad it was abandoned. There are soooo many clever ideas packed into this one app. Shove it into AUM and use some fx and eq’ish stuff and it can sound really really good... Anyone know why it died?

apple told them to scram! ;)

kidding aside, i like skram it's very easy to make a groove with it, love it a lot i even bought the iap.

• I liked it too! My guess is not enough people ponied up for the IAP’s.

• somewhat akin to Frum - another tidy little 'sandboxed' creative micro climate :#

• Whilst it had an 'interesting' UI and was far from perfect, one thing I did like about SKRAM was that it was a groovebox that was actually designed for the iPad; For a big glass screen and big fat fingers.

I hate some apps that copy the hardware controls of a groove box including the terrible menu systems and buttons including a freakin' virtual shift key!

Skram deserves credit for being true to the iPad and evoking classic instruments with nice big fat-finger friendly controls.