Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Odesi Chords - Pro songwriting tool for chords, bass and beats. Handy tool for chord progressions

Pretty handy app to help with your songwriting. Free with APIs, midi file out is $5 and definitely worth it. Wish you could have more than 4 bars, maybe down the road, the developer is promising more to come. Would like to see the melody track added like in the desktop version. Very handy to pull it in from the right side and try out an idea while inside your DAW.

Comments

• @Nathan said:
    Alas, another app that ignores AudioBus and IAA.

I don't really think integration with either of those is part of this app's primary MO. I gather it's meant primarily as a means of sketching out basic song ideas quickly and easily, then being able to easily transfer those MIDI song sketches to a desktop DAW or whatever, where the real magic can happen.

• @betamax999 said:

@Nathan said:
    Alas, another app that ignores AudioBus and IAA.

I don't really think integration with either of those is part of this app's primary MO. I gather it's meant primarily as a means of sketching out basic song ideas quickly and easily, then being able to easily transfer those MIDI song sketches to a desktop DAW or whatever, where the real magic can happen.

That is how I have been using it, but with an iOS DAW.

• I still think Chordbot is much better. More parts, more bars.

• @db909 said:
    I still think Chordbot is much better. More parts, more bars.

It is.

• The nicest thing is the ability to tap out a custom rhythm.

Worst thing is its only 4 bars and as far as I can see one chord one bar.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    The nicest thing is the ability to tap out a custom rhythm.

Worst thing is its only 4 bars and as far as I can see one chord one bar.

Tapping a rhythm is the best thing about it. I found the chord voicings to be quite bad in my brief time with it. There were a bunch of times I thought I had a smooth progression going only to have the last chord have one stray note voiced an octave above. Very jumpy.

• I paid the $4.99 for the MIDI export. It only goes out via email. (Same for audio as a ,m4a) Once there it can be copied into AudioShare or opened in apps.

I also had problems with the bass on the files. For most bass patches it comes out an octave too high. So then there was another thing I had to do--move the notes. I haven't had any problem like this with Chordbot or other apps.

This app has given me a renewed appreciation of how great Chordbot is, with the massive chord choice, editable presets, and one of the easiest means of creating a foundation for long songs I've seen. Plus it easily exports to MIDI, WAV song file and backup.

But Odesi does do different things than Chordbot has. I don't regret paying for the MIDI export and hope they will improve this app in future upgrades. I would add better MIDI and audio export to the requests above for AB and IAA.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    The nicest thing is the ability to tap out a custom rhythm.

Chordbot is better. For all the reasons listed so far... better chord voicing being the most obvious.

However Odesi's custom rhythm ' tap-button' is awesome. Definitely worth your time to experiment with a free download and you may like it enough to buy the midi IAP.

• @Reid said:

I don't regret paying for the MIDI export and hope they will improve this app in future upgrades. I would add better MIDI and audio export to the requests above for AB and IAA.

My sentiments entirely etc.

• They said that a VST version was on the horizon...
    But, an update to their iPad version would be crazy with some of these features.... And Ableton link..

• tjatja
    edited November 2017

Nothing happened so far.
    I thought I found a new favorite App... Sad thing, as it needs some changes and addons.

• /low hanging fruit

i heard they were changing the name to Rozeta

/low hanging fruit

• noooooooo ;)

• I brought the new Plugin Boutique Scaler VST the other day. Best chorder / progression tool I have seen in a long while, I wish that would come to iOS alas Plugin Boutique don’t work that sector.

• Plug in boutique just sell other peoples plug ins. Mind you they are nice people to do business with.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Plug in boutique just sell other peoples plug ins. Mind you they are nice people to do business with.

This one is a in house job I think like Radio and CZ Synth. Them and Loopmasters are all part of one group.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    I brought the new Plugin Boutique Scaler VST the other day. Best chorder / progression tool I have seen in a long while, I wish that would come to iOS alas Plugin Boutique don’t work that sector.

I'm curious. The scalar. Does it map the chords to all the notes or just that 1 octave that gets selected ?

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    I brought the new Plugin Boutique Scaler VST the other day. Best chorder / progression tool I have seen in a long while, I wish that would come to iOS alas Plugin Boutique don’t work that sector.

I'm curious. The scalar. Does it map the chords to all the notes or just that 1 octave that gets selected ?

I think it’s just the one octave away from my laptop at the moment will try later haven’t had a good play as yet, just picked it up while it was on offer and through recommendations.

• @SpookyZoo @JeffChasteen @db909 it would be amazing if Chordbot had midi out, would be a killer app!

• @Artefact2001 said:
    @SpookyZoo @JeffChasteen @db909 it would be amazing if Chordbot had midi out, would be a killer app!

Totally agree with that, I can’t understand why it’s never been implemented.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Artefact2001 said:
    @SpookyZoo @JeffChasteen @db909 it would be amazing if Chordbot had midi out, would be a killer app!

Totally agree with that, I can’t understand why it’s never been implemented.

I think I asked the dev once and he mentioned it might happen in future, let him know how cool this would be: support (at) chordbot (dot) com

• Ok.. Broken in iPadOS... crashes on midi export..

• @RajahP said:
    Ok.. Broken in iPadOS... crashes on midi export..

Not for me.

I could not select AudioShare as destination, but could save to "Files" into AudioShare.
    And from there without problems into Xequence.

• edited October 2019

@tja said:

@RajahP said:
    Ok.. Broken in iPadOS... crashes on midi export..

Not for me.

I could not select AudioShare as destination, but could save to "Files" into AudioShare.
    And from there without problems into Xequence.

Works ok on the iPhone, even AudioShare shows up to export to.. But constant crashes on iPad..
    Let’s see who else..
    Such a nice app, begging for an update...

• @Jumpercollins said:

There are plans for ios.. Its been asked on there forum.. Version 2.0 is coming out around end of October (Beta)... I was on there Beta team..

• @studs1966 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

There are plans for ios.. Its been asked on there forum.. Version 2.0 is coming out around end of October (Beta)... I was on there Beta team..

Ohhhhh :) :)