Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Group The Loop big update coming

Now in beta...

Along with many improvements under the hood, a lot of work has gone into Ableton LINK support. LINK will allow us to synchronise GTL perfectly with other music apps and devices. I'd love to hear how you guys will make use of this feature!

Other additions include:

• Real time tempo change, with pitch and time stretch type algorithms.

• Inter-app audio connections as an input stream. This will allow us to connect as a receiver in AUM, endless possibilities!

• More audio formats supported on import.

Comments

• Finally! Now with sidecar mini also being updated to fix the icade support this is going to redefine my workflow! I can't wait to play around with this.

• Not seeing an update in uk store....

• Looks like the update is still in the beta testing phase, might be a bit longer before the official update hits the App Store.

@BiancaNeve said:
    Not seeing an update in uk store....

• Nor in the US. Yet. About to leave for the long haul from Maine to Chicago to Austin and am trying to figure out what to spend my enforced time investigating. This might have been good, but I guess Moodscaper might meet the Eno-Music-In-Airports test better....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Nor in the US. Yet. About to leave for the long haul from Maine to Chicago to Austin and am trying to figure out what to spend my enforced time investigating. This might have been good, but I guess Moodscaper might meet the Eno-Music-In-Airports test better....

Chaiossynth2 would be another good time killer for semi generative music.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Nor in the US. Yet. About to leave for the long haul from Maine to Chicago to Austin and am trying to figure out what to spend my enforced time investigating. This might have been good, but I guess Moodscaper might meet the Eno-Music-In-Airports test better....

Chaiossynth2 would be another good time killer for semi generative music.

Thank you. I don't have this (but very soon will :).

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Judochopjames said:
    Looks like the update is still in the beta testing phase, might be a bit longer before the official update hits the App Store.

@BiancaNeve said:
    Not seeing an update in uk store....

Sorry - forgot to mention it's not out yet - in beta testing as mentioned.

• Congratulations, slave sync (or shared sync in the case of Link, but same challenges) is a rare feature in looper, ios or otherwise, and especially rare to actually work. Very powerful!

• awesome

• I just typed 'looper' into the search box in AppStore and couldn't find group the loop anywhere in the top results. I think it might help if you could change that. Probably easier said than done. Just a suggestion.

• Audiobus remote maybe?

• edited May 2016

Cool this is the only looping app I've ever liked sorry loopy.

• @Nathan said:
    Probably just me not getting the idea, and the demos of the app look really good. But how does this work when recording from another app? What I mean is, unless it's possible to use said app in split screen mode with GTL, how would we see the controls at the same time as playing something?

Probably depends on the individual setup, I use it in a variety of ways, one is jumping back and forth and using the Audiobus transport bar, another is to setup a control surface and group the loop will continue responding even when your in the other app. GtL has very good support for controllers including midi learn and Bluetooth keyboard support.