Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is there a Computer program or VST like DrumPerfect Pro?

As some of you may know, I am making DrumPerfect Pro tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1-_DskaO-0QtQorVwyPuwg

I'm interested in your thoughts and advice for a video I'm working on now.

I believe DrumPerfect Pro produces tracks that sound more like a real acoustic drummer than any other iPad app currently available.

I think that because it has numerous features that randomize velocity, timing, and drum strokes. It allows you to have as many as 16 samples for each drum instrument, and randomizes them. And it has a "2-hand" feature that takes your patterns and will only allow as many sounds as a person with two feet and two hands could possibly play. Finally, you can output all 16 instruments to separate tracks, so you have complete control of the mix and effects after you're done with your song.

First, is there an iPad app that you think does that creates better-sounding acoustic drums?

And second, do you know of programs on the Mac or PC that do it as well or better? If so, what kind of additional or superior features do they have?

Anything else? A hardware device?

To make myself clear, I own many drum apps and I actually use them more than I use DrumPerfect Pro.

Comments

• I've not used DrumPerfect Pro, so can't compare; but here are a few excellent desktop offerings to look into:

BFD
    JamStix
    EZDrummer
    Steven Slate Drums
    Addictive Drums

• edited May 2016

For Mac and PC: Toontrack Superior Drummer is the industry standard and its little brother Ezdrummer. Superior gives you 20 Gigs of drum samples, a lot more than anything on iOS and the samples are unproccessed so it's designed for pros who want to have comlete control. Ezdrummer has high quality processed kits and midi drum tracks much like Perfect. Great for people who don't want to mess around too much.

I don't think there's anything better for iOS than Perfect.

• I knew I was forgetting a big one. I always preferred BFD to Superior, though, so not surprising. :wink:

• Thank you everybody. I will study up on their features and will report back here.

@pichi Superior Drummer comes out of the box with higher quality samples, so it definitely wins on that feature.
    On the other hand, it's easy to put together a kit with uncompressed files into DrumPerfect Pro, if you're willing to do it and have sufficient space.

• edited May 2016

@Reid said:
    Thank you everybody. I will study up on their features and will report back here.

@pichi Superior Drummer comes out of the box with higher quality samples, so it definitely wins on that feature.
    On the other hand, it's easy to put together a kit with uncompressed files into DrumPerfect Pro, if you're willing to do it and have sufficient space.

That would be time consuming. I do have the old version of Superior — Drums From Hell. So I could theoretically put those samples into DP, but DP is enough for me as it is when I'm on the ipad.
    Another thing Superior has which other drum apps don't is control over the way the drums are miked. You can choose different mikes and go really deep into placement and record the overhead mikes onto 2 different tracks. The program is really in depth.

• Yes Cubase can do all that with any drum vst via the Logic editor so can Pro tools. I personally use Superior Drummer and Steve Slate drums for rock and Metal production on the desktop.

• @pichi The Reason Drumkits Refill also has the multi-mike setup. That's a very important feature for recording drums and DPP doesn't have anything like it.