Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Memorial Day app sales

Does anyone know of any Memorial Day app sales happening this weekend?

Comments

• Positive Grid has their sale on till Jun1. Picked up Bias FX for half price, after originally buying it for full price a week ago (app store refunded me full price back yesterday) Yeah!

• @sbcfx said:
    Positive Grid has their sale on till Jun1. Picked up Bias FX for half price, after originally buying it for full price a week ago (app store refunded me full price back yesterday) Yeah!

how do you like bias fx? do you use it with guitar or synths?

• Guitar. Haven't tried it with synth yet but gonna now! (Sorry I forgot there was another thread for this)

• Real Metronome Pro is free. I like it, it fills up the whole screen, and is visual as well as audio. Different sound options too.

• @High5denied said:
    Real Metronome Pro is free. I like it, it fills up the whole screen, and is visual as well as audio. Different sound options too.

awesome

• FM4 is now $2.99. Was $6.99

MINT.io Groovebox Synth is $1.99 It was $5.99 and has been as high as $8.99 and $9.99
    Is this a good app? It has Synth, Drum machine, raindrop matrix, chords, FX, randomization features, MIDI, Audiobus.

djay 2 is 99 cents. Was $4.99

Studiomux is $6.99. Was $9.99

• I enjoy MINT for just screwing around. Each section also has separate outs for AS and AUM.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    I enjoy MINT for just screwing around. Each section also has separate outs for AS and AUM.

I bought mint last night and am so mad I never bought this little bugger.

Geez, what a great little app.

I love a Swiss army app to fux with on the fly as I put a melody or beat together.

• Mint is absolutely worth getting, especially at this price. It's a blast to just play around with. It's got a lot going on in it.

• I've had $50-odd dollars just hanging in my account there, and it's a miracle no one in my house has eaten away at it with crappy movie rentals. I'm actually giddy about this.
    Over/under on Animoog or ChordPolyPad going on sale??

• Just bought Borderlands Granular for $4.99, the lowest price it's ever sold for.

• edited May 2016

@Reid said:
    Just bought Borderlands Granular for $4.99, the lowest price it's ever sold for.

Ya, @ExAsperis99 , this is chance to get it. It is the mechanism that MoodScaper based on to make sound. If you are interesting in sampling.

• @Kaikoo2 said:

@Reid said:
    Just bought Borderlands Granular for $4.99, the lowest price it's ever sold for.

Ya, @ExAsperis99 , this is chance to get it. It is the mechanism that MoodScaper based on to make sound. If you are interesting in sampling.

Sounds great, but I've been puzzling at Fieldscaper for days now to no avail. I actually thought that it would be easier to just complete the bundle and see if Soundscaper made any sense. Will Borderlands just make me crazier?

Also, Kaikoo — what are you, a pusher!? You're telling me to buy everything!

• Sound caper will make you as crazy man. Im there, i love it but it doesn't click at all haha. Borderlands makes sense and is more zen than the scapers . I bet once we tame the scaper beast apps they will rule more..

• Hmmm. FM4 eh....

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Kaikoo2 said:

@Reid said:

Sounds great, but I've been puzzling at Fieldscaper for days now to no avail. I actually thought that it would be easier to just complete the bundle and see if Soundscaper made any sense. Will Borderlands just make me crazier?

Also, Kaikoo — what are you, a pusher!? You're telling me to buy everything!

Fieldscaper is more for sound sampling production mixing.

Sounscaper is more industrial ambient spacious

Borderlands is toward to instrumental expression, buying at this time to save you a dime.

Me?, I don't play those. I play ChordPolyPad, Cream and Modstep together this moment today.

• edited May 2016

Any opinions on how FM4 compares to other fm iOS synths?
    Is it the best sounding?

• edited May 2016

Comparison is the thief of all joy (again) -Teddy R.

They're all good, but Borderlands is so good I'm generally scared to open it.

• @Redo1 said:
    Is it the best sounding?

It has great presets. For that reason it is my favorite.

• edited May 2016

@Processaurus said:

@Redo1 said:
    Is it the best sounding?

It has great presets. For that reason it is my favorite.

I bought it. Bedtime got in the way though. Will explore tomorrow. Finally reversed my bad decision not buying it when it was .99 cents!!

• edited May 2016

@ExAsperis99 said:

God, the giant scared me.

• Am I imagining this or did the IAP to unlock the DRC Polyphonic synth engine just drop from $14.99 to $9.99? And what does it allow? Can I not use its midi without paying?

• edited May 2016

@Redo1 said:
    Is it the best sounding?

I personally prefer it to TF7, although the latter is good too (+ in-app add-on or two for more capabilities). FM4 adheres to the Yamaha / Dr John Chowning idea of FM operators more closely, but explodes the UI out to knobs and controls. This becomes a lot more explanatory than Yamaha’s “paint the hallway through the letterbox” usability was in the DX days. FM4 takes a 4-operator synth and presents it the way it could have been done with analogue in the pre-midi days, had anyone decided to make such a product.

FM is a superb idea for generating rich dynamic harmonics in the source. The reason people think it is a frighteningly complicated science? The first digital FM synths had a few lines of green LCD characters near some buttons and a slider — that’s all. That barrier alone will repel any sane person, and I think that’s still responsible for the reputation. (I learned FM on a Yamaha CX5m MSX music computer in the mid ’80s — a whole screenful at once!).

(By the way, here’s some fun with my Mono/Poly, using cross modulation and FM, before my full 1hr tour — this is what turned out to be an out-take).

• I agree FM4 is great. I've made a few tracks exclusively with it. :)

• @u0421793
    Excellent. Thanks for that. Feel good about my purchase. Will get right in to it tonight hopefully. And continue with your M/P videos(and out-take)!

• Tim Webbs video review sold FM4 to me immediately, a really nice description of FM. I also bought an oscilloscope app (not AB) to watch the modulation just like in the video. Im now in mad scientist heaven

• Bought FM4 and it's definitely the iOS FM synth I've been after. Very convincing emulation of the TX81z, down to the DAC grit. The UI is a joy to use, too.

I have DXi and TF7 too....both have too many quirks, with the latter especially requiring many pages of parameters and a fairly large chunk of CPU. FM4 has the balance of sound and user-friendliness down to a tee.

• Gah, you guys are killing my nest egg!
    But Kaikoo, you were right about Borderlands. Bought it and waded into a David Lynch soundworld for about — wow, that was an hour past bedtime.

And can anybody verify if the DRC Polyphonic Synth is actually on sale? It's apparently free, but the price to "unlock the synth engine" — whatever that means — seems to have dropped from $14.99 to $9.99. Not sure if it's worth it?

• Which oscilloscope app did you get?

@Richtowns said:
    Tim Webbs video review sold FM4 to me immediately, a really nice description of FM. I also bought an oscilloscope app (not AB) to watch the modulation just like in the video. Im now in mad scientist heaven

• @JeffChasteen said:
    I enjoy MINT for just screwing around. Each section also has separate outs for AS and AUM.

Mint sale appears to be over - that was fast! I would have been all over it for the price of an egg mcmuffin