Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any news on Beathawk?

I really like this app, but it could definitely use some added features. For me personally, the ability to create multi sample user kits is a must. It has been rather quiet lately. I'm wondering if we're going to see another update. It would be shame if UVI dropped this app.

Comments

• The developer of Beathawk (@bastienco) used to be active here, don't know what happened...

• i contacted UVI and they working on an update

• I imagine they must have got a little off-track. I saw very interesting developments from them a fair while ago now, but nothing more recently. Am still optimistic.

• Thought they said new stuff was in development here about 3-4 months ago - including Link..

• @Halftone said:
    Thought they said new stuff was in development here about 3-4 months ago - including Link..

It is.

It's chillin' with BM3, Nanostudio 2, and Dagger.............................................

• edited May 2016

@Rustik: what is "Dagger", another upcoming app? EDIT: found it here in the forum.

• I'm still optimistic as well. I think they are working on a bigger update so I am not surprised it is taking a while.
    Maybe @bastienco can share something about the state of development?

• Beathawk update(s) will come, main features are implemented, we are working on the user interface.
    I can't say more, stay tuned, almost there!

• That's good to know.

• @BastienCo said:
    Beathawk update(s) will come, main features are implemented, we are working on the user interface.

nice to hear! looking forward to it

• @BastienCo you've run the marathon, now fall over the line!

• Perhaps it can be pulled over the line in the slipstream of UVI Falcon :)

• @BastienCo said:
    Beathawk update(s) will come, main features are implemented, we are working on the user interface.

Good to know - thanks for the update!

• Just for me they should release the choir sample pack as a separate app, just to save space here, thanks i appreciate it & see i really need access to those choirs, but alas, 32gb, etc.

• @Salamander69 said:
    Perhaps it can be pulled over the line in the slipstream of UVI Falcon :)

Falcon is such a monster (kinda don't need anymore vst synths)..and I saw what you did there, falcon, hawk, slipstream

• @BastienCo, PLEASE implement velocity layering...

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Salamander69 said:
    Perhaps it can be pulled over the line in the slipstream of UVI Falcon :)

Falcon is such a monster (kinda don't need anymore vst synths)..and I saw what you did there, falcon, hawk, slipstream

Glad someone saw it

• @Maarten said:
    I really like this app, but it could definitely use some added features. For me personally, the ability to create multi sample user kits is a must. It has been rather quiet lately. I'm wondering if we're going to see another update. It would be shame if UVI dropped this app.

Wish it had midi import... That's about it...

• One thing I was pleased to discover pre any update for midi: Beathawk was too "midi promiscuous" to use side by side with other instruments when using virtual midi with DAWs or Genome, but it works with IAA midi in Modstep, even when sequencing a few other instruments at the same time

• I don't understand Why a serious company like UVI are so long for this update that a lot of users are waiting for (more than one year).There is not even a grid sequencer in Beathawk i cant Believe it....I just discovered Fingerbeat yesterday, and midi options excepted, it' s far deeper and playable than BH .Wake up !

• @grego68 said:
    I don't understand Why a serious company like UVI are so long for this update that a lot of users are waiting for (more than one year).There is not even a grid sequencer in Beathawk i cant Believe it....I just discovered Fingerbeat yesterday, and midi options excepted, it' s far deeper and playable than BH .Wake up !

Companies are people, people have issues....

• Beat Hawk easiest app for me to do song start to finish one seating in an hour.

I have all IAPs as well.

I want an IPHone version of some kind actually or A SYNTH FROM THEM AS A SEPARATE APP!

• @grego68 said:
    I don't understand Why a serious company like UVI are so long for this update that a lot of users are waiting for (more than one year).There is not even a grid sequencer in Beathawk i cant Believe it....I just discovered Fingerbeat yesterday, and midi options excepted, it' s far deeper and playable than BH .Wake up !

Beat Hawk started off with a bang, was flying high but now has been grounded and become Beat Snail.

• edited May 2016

@Dham said:

Beat Hawk started off with a bang, was flying high but now has been grounded and become Beat Snail.

Well, BastienCo did say...

@BastienCo said:

Maybe if we can get a look at the already implemented features....

Ahh.. one more feature request... The ability to 'play/record' directly to the timeline too ... Drag and drop is cool, but playing clips onto the timeline will be nice...

http://www.uvi.net/modules/uviresponsivepage/img/interface_UI-3.png

• @RajahP said:
    Ahh.. one more feature request... The ability to 'play/record' directly to the timeline too ... Drag and drop is cool, but playing clips onto the timeline will be nice...

In SongMode when you record+play, pressing patterns will record directly in the timeline, you won't need to drag and drop this way, you can create your song as it plays. Hope this clarify things.

@Telstar5 said:
    @BastienCo, PLEASE implement velocity layering...

Some instruments such as pianos already implement velocity layering, for both sustain and release.

--

More apps are to come from UVI mobile !

• edited May 2016

@BastienCo said:

>

In SongMode when you record+play, pressing patterns will record directly in the timeline, you won't need to drag and drop this way, you can create your song as it plays. Hope this clarify things.

This could be taken even further but allowing us to record part mutes and 'pattern breaks' meaning. When pressing a pattern the previous pattern is interrupted making it possible to treat the patterns as samples.

The 'part mutes' could be used for 'gate-type effects'(ie. mute part while pad is held down).

Since velocity laying seems to be in place I'm really looking forward to being able to create custom instruments :)

Looking forward to the next update!

• @BastienCo said:

@RajahP said:

wow, I did not know that, that is a pretty cool feature.

• @Samu said:

@BastienCo said:

>

This could be taken even further but allowing us to record part mutes and 'pattern breaks' meaning. When pressing a pattern the previous pattern is interrupted making it possible to treat the patterns as samples.

The 'part mutes' could be used for 'gate-type effects'(ie. mute part while pad is held down).

Since velocity laying seems to be in place I'm really looking forward to being able to create custom instruments :)

Looking forward to the next update!

• Allow pad muting real time as it records seems interesting feature! I will look at it in detail.
    • Oh, sorry you must have miss understood, Beathawk don't implements the tools to create custom instruments. I am talking about the instruments in our soundbanks.
  • edited May 2016

BastienCo > In SongMode when you record+play, pressing patterns will record directly in the timeline, you won't need to drag and drop this way, you can create your song as it plays. Hope this clarify things.

But you need to keep pressing a pattern for it to record... when you release a pattern a blank space is recorded... Seems awkward... The pattern should continue to record making it a smooth transition for when you press another pattern...

Or maybe I am doing something wrong...

• @BastienCo said:

>

• Oh, sorry you must have miss understood, Beathawk don't implements the tools to create custom instruments. I am talking about the instruments in our soundbanks.

No misunderstanding, just wishful thinking as/if the Audio-Engine in BeatHawk already has support for it :)

Regardless of what new features are implemented it will be a welcomed update!