Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Preset Sharing: Waldorf Nave

Comments

• Great stuff. Thank you @chrisg. I was able to open the rar file in the free version of iZip.

• edited August 2013

Thanks @ChrisG Great work. Really complete set of sounds. The Cinematic Pads and Guitar Strums are awesome.

• Thanks!

I kept messing around with various levels etc on the pads, but it's like Nave have a limiter on the master out (which is good tho), so the levels/freqs kept getting "wavy". Also noticed it on a lot of other preset while taking a closer listen, so probably gonna try and clean all that up (unless it's my current uber high-end Logitech equipment doin it lol).

• By the way, smitematter is working on new presets (added to the first post). So check his FB at https://www.facebook.com/pages/SmiteMatter/184253364953584 . Or his web page at http://SmiteMatter.com/ (if you have'nt checked it out before there's a lot of great iOS music related content on his site, reviews, interviews etc)

• Thanks, @ChrisG - some great sounds in there! :)

• Thanks AlterEgo_UK!

Ok so SmiteMatter have two new banks available for download, to go along his 100th blog post. A good read, and 2 good Nave banks with some really cool cinematic/experimental/ambient sounds.

http://smitematter.com/2013/08/11/100-a-personal-retrospective/

• edited August 2013

@ChrisG , these are some insanely awesome presets !!! I love the voices, cinematic pads and everything really....for me, they bring out the true power and flexibility of Nave too..
    Thank you so much for sharing them !!! I had a blast going thru them and have not even finished half of them yet....I have been jumping around just based on the names and have not been disappointed so far!!!
    So ! ....what other patches you got ;-)

• Nice... thanks for sharing.....

• Thanks, you're welcome, glad you like it! :)

@thepinkelefant : I only make patches for Nave at the moment, I can't seem to stop doodling around with this app for some reason (never really got into making my own sounds before Nave). So yea, more patches are being made, only one new since the latest update tho, but will update the thread when I upload a new bank with more then just a few presets.

I'm trying to keep the file size as small as possible (it's around 1.7mb now according to Windows), while still getting at least somewhat decent sounds when it comes to the more acoustic stuff like strings, guitars, horns etc. But it's getting kinda hard, I wanna add a lot of other sound elements to it without turning it into a big sampler/rompler (then you might as well just use a sampler/rompler with way better results). Anyway I'm still learning the app as I go so I'm sure I'll be able to improve on using all the routing and modulation, haven't even touched the edit function inside the wavetable view yet either so..

• I also had this problem with crashing the app, after using file transfer with iTunes. I than used Mail to transfer the files to my iPad. From there double click the attach and open with nave. Works perfect, no crashing anymore.
    The tutorial of JMSexton for importing presets for the mini gave me now the idea of trying it with iFun also for the Nave. Will try with the next one.

• edited August 2013

Weird, all my edits I added to the first post when updating it last week are gone. Did the forum revert to a backup or something? Oh well I think I added most stuff back

Edit: Yea iFunbox might be a way around the iTunes/Nave bug if you need to use a computer. I haven't tried it with Nave tho, anyone else installed a bank using iFunbox/iExplorer etc?

• edited August 2013

With iFun the same crashing like with iTunes filesharing. Seems there is some more process than coping to a folder. Put it into the Documents folder, where also all the other imported banks are.
    For me it looks more like a bug from Nave. Seems no one there at Waldorf ever tried that on their own ;-)

• Yea if i remember correctly its pretty simple to see where it needs to go under Naves folder hierarchy. Just make sure you unzip it so its file extension is *.navebank

• edited August 2013

I wish the could at least release an interim update that fixes the most glaring bugs

• Re-naming a preset will in most cases change the custom wavetables being used to another wavetable

• Importing a preset bank crashes Nave

• Very crash prone when designing presets while browsing the wavetables

That last one might just be a memory issue on 512mb devices that can´t be fixed, I dunno (implement a redundency background backup system could perhaps help not losing presets at least). But that renaming bug is really really annoying. :/

• edited August 2013

All at the right place and all with the right extension. There is also a folder Inbox in the Documents folder, where all the navebanks are again. Tried to copy with iFun directly to this folder, but doesn´t work. From iTunes you can also not copy to this folder. Problem of importing seems, has to do maybe sth with this.

• Hmm email it to yourself and open in....?

• Thats what I did. Read my post above ;-)

• Haha I should read more thoroughly rather than skimming sometimes. Glad you got it worked out!

• Thats just the normal digital buffer overflow from staying to long and often online ;-)

• Link to a 20 preset demo bank from Sunsine Audio added, it's from Sunsines new 128 presets Evanave bank (long preset demo video available at the link, sounds really really great check it out).

Link: http://www.sunsineaudio.com/evanave-043.htm

• Bought! Thanks

• @ChrisG just got to say i haven't had the time to truly get deep into nave. i've just been hooking up my keyboard and playing with the presets, but damn yours sound good. i'd love to mutilate my guitar then put it into audioshare as the input. is it just as simple as putting nave in the output and then recording into nave? not really sure how to begin with it all so any and all suggestions are welcome. either way thank you for the presets!

• @protomike , thanks!

• Record the guitar into Audioshare (or whatever you prefer), do any necessary edits (like trim away silence etc if you want).

• Then use audio copy/paste from Audioshare/the app you use.

• Open Nave.

• Press the "Init" button to start a sound from scratch.

• Open the wave view by taping on "wave" up in the left corner.

• Inside the wave window, press the tiny "tools" button down to the right.

• Press "Sonoma pasteboard" in the menu that popups.

• Choose the sample you want to import from the Sonoma pasteboard.

• Nave will then analyze the sample and create a wavetable from it.

You can also import samples via iTunes filesharing

• Tried to download all patches but some links expiredJm Sexton,iOS music,Alba Ecstacy (only audio demo),smite matter.

Thanks for sharing

• Mine aren't worth much :)

• Did a minor update on my bank. Fixed (or atleast tried) some issues on a bunch of preset after the latest couple of Nave updates. Added ~10 new presets. Changed from rar to zip due it being compatible with more iOS web browsers.

• Thanks, really like the acoustic guitar, the soprano and cinematic pad presets. Good work and much appreciated.

• Thanks, glad you likey :)

• @ChrisG really good stuff here, thanks for updating and sharing. Top man.

• edited March 2014

----------------------------------------------------------Yak shi mash!---------------------------------------------------------------

http://blogs.smh.com.au/sit/200_borat.jpg