Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Preset Sharing: Waldorf Nave

Comments

• Not quite related but if u haven't tried this u might get some interesting results.. Make a sound in another synth that has plenty of harmonics.. Put a filter on it with an Lfo synced up to it and make it move to the temp. U could try different speeds setting etc.. But then what u want to do and it's better if u already working to a tempo is record the sound. Edit the tail so it syncs when looping then place this in nave to analyse. Now what u want to do is transpose it down 12 and set travel rate. Add an Lfo in nave to the spectrum control for the oscillator and set the same Lfo in an opposite direction on the wave position knob. U can then copy this setting pretty much to oscillator 2 but have this oscillator an octave up. Now adjust this oscillator in the same way but using different controls.. Don't be gently.. Try extreme setting and see what happens.. Use fx and amp envelopes to tease out new strange pads, sweeps, growlers.

• Thanks for these!

PS. I think you mean "UPDATED 07/06/13" or the other way around if you enjoy meat pies.

• edited July 2013

What! It's July?? It's.....that crack pipe again. :( but can't change it yet, it'll mess up the linkage to this thread for any new ppl.

Thanks DT, will def mess around with that!

Edit: By the way, being able to route each oscillator to their own ADSR, wouldn't that open up a whole lot of new possibilities? Maybe you can already do something similar with the matrix, I haven't looked that closely at it all yet. But lets say I have like a warm pad thing goin on on OSC 1/Wavetable 1 and some tinkly lull on wave osc 2, right so I want the pad to have basically a zero attack and have the tinkly stuff on a long attack curve so it kinda fades into the pad on osc 1.

Also would like to be able to only have the arp activated on the oscillators I choose (pls waldorf & Rolf)

• Tanks for the additional patches @ChrisG
    I'm putting together a bank of my own creations. Will post a link here.

• My bank of 20 presets for Nave. Includes some typical PPG bell sounds, dark strings and pads, bongos and a Moog Murf ;-)

Download bank:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8oiuuek946ktgt8/CMi2zWp4Rm

@ChrisG feel free to add this to your first post

• @R_2 I unzipped in Goodreader and opened in Nave but nothing shows up.

• edited July 2013

Great thanks for sharing it, some really cool classic PPG sounds in there (amongst other things)!

MGM: Make sure your getting the file that's around 1 mb, Dropbox just sends out a dummy file it seems, if you don't use that blue Dropbox download button

• Worked for me, using Documents. Thanks R_2!

• Worked for me too.

• Here too! Thanks, ya'll have inspired me to do my own pack of presets and now I'm really getting into it

• How can you keep the whole process of exporting a bank and uploading it for everyone all on the iPad? I tried the email, delete draft, open in... Trick but it strictly wants to open in Nave only...my goal is to open in GoodReader but after fiddling with it for about 30 mins I'm guessing this process requires a PC unless you email directly to a friend or etc...

• edited July 2013

Went ahead and used the dreaded PC...anyways here is a bank I slaved over for hours lol there's prob a mixed batch of presets but please let me know what you think because I'm a new knob tweaker and want to know how I did. There is 17 presets...Enjoy!

JMSexton NaveBank

• @JMSexton I tried in 2 browsers but can't get file to open without just gibberish.

• I had to copy all the text and create a text document in GoodReader to paste it into. Afterwards, I changed the file extension of the text doc to whatever is used in Nave (I think it was just .nave, but I don't recall) and that worked fine.

• edited July 2013

.navebank is the extension. I'll see if I can't correct it when I get home ..I normally do it all on iPad and don't have link issues but this time was on PC

• edited July 2013

Try the link now! Its officially fixed... forgot I had to zip it up! Duh!!!

• @mgmg4871 try downloading the browser "Dolphin". Press and hold any future nave patch link and select 'Save Link', then select 'Download' followed by 'Open In'. This is how I've downloaded all of the nave patches without any problem.

• I generally copy download links and paste it in GoodReader's download manager and then Open In.... works like a charm!

• @Muzetech Thanks, but I used the paste URL into Goodreader JMSexton suggested since I already have Goodreader. @JMSexton thanks.

• Np let me know what ya'll think....constructively of course, I'm not a professional so I understand there not a gold mine but am curious how I did. I thought at least a few we're pretty decent

• Thanks JMSexton, awesome! No problem downloading, unzipping and open in Nave here. I'll add it to the first post.

Btw I'm done with around new 20 presets. I think it's around 65 presets by now, this synth is just so much fun to goof around with. Hopefully Waldorf will update it ASAP tho, fixing the most glaring bugs at least. Anyway gonna try to update the bank soon (so far there's a few synth arps, bunch of new various pads, new string instruments, and other various weird things).

• I really liked the strummer sound when I changed it to a 1-3-6 chord in the key of E. The string sounds sounded more hornish to me. Otherwise good first effort.

• You know what's funny @mgmg4871 ...when I made that, right after it initially sound somewhat string like to me hence the name, then today I was going back through them and thought the same exact thing (that it sounded like a horn). I guess when I was tweaking it I went through some stringy areas and just kept think that. Also I need to learn how everything interacts with each other create some deeper presets but some simple ones sound great too

• Thanks for the heads up, gonna add it to the first post. Alba Ecstasy is an awesome sound designer. If you have Wavemapper or Wavegenerator, there's a free 100 presets bank by Alba on Wolfgang palms site. Anyway, really good presets in this nave pack!

I'm gonna update my bank soon, there'll be around 40 or so new presets.

• edited August 2013

I keep making presets with this thing, and there are around 70 new ones by now (around 110 total), so I thought I should update the old bank online. I mostly noodle around making presets while doing other stuff, so again watch yer years, the volume/freqs are most likely all over the place!

Basically all new presets make (better) use of the mod wheel and the x/y pad. Alot of them also use the x/y sliding on the keys, so slide your fingers up/down to add movement to a pad, filter cuts, pitch bend to a guitar and so on. A few presets also use horizontal axis. And remember that you can actually use the whole iPad screen as a modulation area while holding a note/key. My keyboard is fried, so I dunno how all that will translate to playing on a external midi keyboard... The "stickys" also have the two big x/y pads routed to some basic filter, res and pitch for some insta-kaosspad-whatever. So no "static" presets. Anyway, hope you find something useful in there!

Download links (same as before):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10039217/NavePresets/ChrisG.navebank

Or

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10039217/NavePresets/ChrisG.rar

• Thanks @ChrisG ...some great sounds. The rar link worked very easily via Goodreader and then 'open in' to Nave.

• thanks so much. these are great. keep them coming!

• Thanks man!

• edited August 2013

Thanks, glad u likey!

I need to get a name generator or something, I'm starting to get a hard time naming presets, and just putting numbers only makes it hard to find a preset. The name generator in Figure does some really cool/weird names, prob just start stealing names from that if the Props don't mind :p