Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best piano roll?

2»

Comments

• @firejan82 said:
    Modstep has the best piano roll on iOS in my opinion.

Currently it's FL Studio Mobile 3 in my opinion.

• Auxy in my opinion. Too bad you can't do midi out. But it's the only one I know of that sounds the chords resulting from simultaneous notes as you place them. Very helpful

• @firejan82 said:

@firejan82 said:

It's a funny old world isn't it, I find FL3s piano roll a bit poor really partly because it seems to usually put the note in one note late and partly because you can only snap to the nearest 16th.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@firejan82 said:

@firejan82 said:

It's a funny old world isn't it, I find FL3s piano roll a bit poor really partly because it seems to usually put the note in one note late

I don't understand. When you record playing the keys or putting it in the piano roll manually?

and partly because you can only snap to the nearest 16th.

You can switch the snapping off with the magnet icon top left corner

• @firejan82 said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@firejan82 said:

@firejan82 said:

It's a funny old world isn't it, I find FL3s piano roll a bit poor really partly because it seems to usually put the note in one note late

I don't understand. When you record playing the keys or putting it in the piano roll manually?

Putting it in the piano roll manually.

And I know I can turn snapping off, but I can enter notes of 1/96 but you can only snap them to the nearer 16th and the grids highest resolution is 1/16 as far as I can tell.

• There was a Beathawk 2 pic floating around with a pretty nice looking paino-roll ..

• It's still Nanostudio for me but no midi out. You can export MIDI though.

Not only is it super fluid to edit etc, but it has one of my favorite features which seems to be a bit rare: it will allow you to show the note grid at whatever resolution you want (say 16ths) and have snapping off. So if you want to edit your snares to come in a little early, for example, it's easy to do visually.

• edited February 2017

@BiancaNeve said:

@firejan82 said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@firejan82 said:

@firejan82 said:

Putting it in the piano roll manually.

And I know I can turn snapping off, but I can enter notes of 1/96 but you can only snap them to the nearer 16th and the grids highest resolution is 1/16 as far as I can tell.

It puts the notes in the right place for me, I even tried with the Pencil to make sure and it puts the notes where I touch the screen. And if I set the grid to 1/6 step it snaps to that. The only thing it doesn't do is change the visual representation of the grid, that's always 16ths, but it snap to whatever I choose from the snap menu.

• edited February 2017

Still NanoStudio for me!
    Where are you NanoStudio 2?

• Anyone here who has gotten the iPad Pro add-on for MultitrackStudio? The one where you can edit several channels on the same piano roll screen at the same time. Just trying to work out if it is worth the purchase or not.

• @syrupcore said:
    It's still Nanostudio for me but no midi out. You can export MIDI though.

@Cib said:
    Still NanoStudio for me!

Same here!

• Beatmaker 2 is easiest IMO