Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ThumbJam v2.5 is finally out!

Phew, sorry for the wait on this update folks. I'm sure you'll pound on it and make me do a 2.5.1 in short order :)

I just pressed the go button, so it will probably take a short while to show up everywhere.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/thumbjam/id338977566?mt=8

New Features:

• Added Ableton Link support, along with time stretchable loops, so tempo can be changed at any time now
  • Added new arpeggiator feature, with multiple patterns and options. Playable on screen or via MIDI input.
  • Support for Audiobus Remote triggers, and updated Audiobus SDK
  • Now optimized for iPhone 6/6+ and iPad Pro, with slide-over and split view support on recent iPads
  • Added 3D Touch support on iPhone 6S/6S+ options for velocity, volume, and filter cutoff controls
  • Added static MIDI CC input bindings for many controls (see users guide in app for details)
  • Added touch velocity UI control separate from volume, useful for velocity layered patches
  • Added max pan width control and added random pan control option
  • Relocated split popup button for iPhone
  • Can now send midi volume for x-axis volume mode
  • Make x-axis velocity/volume use more of the space, no more half width. (Can revert to old way in options)
  • Added support for importing Scala or SXML files inside a ZIP archive
  • Now changing presets from the main menu will override any multi-splits (preventing confusion). Changing instruments within a specific split can still be done from the splits panel.
  • Added new reverb type (made it default), added additional higher quality choice for original reverb too.
  • Updated LPF filter implementation
  • Added custom background image option
  • Added option to toggle visibility of note grid

Fixes:

• fixed monophonic note hang issue via midi
  • fixed issue when being controlled by Geo Synth
  • fixed V.Inv Tilt pitch bend not saved/restored in preset
  • fixed shake vib with multi splits/slots
  • fixed non vel-layered x-axis volume affecting velocity, but shouldn’t
  • fixed Use Key Pressure (Bend) option not displaying properly in midi options
  • improved/bugfixed accelerometer controls with multiple simultaneous instruments
  • fixed occasional mismatch between highlighted note and played one
  • fixed missing labels on some sliders in settings
  • fixed up IAA support
  • fix crash when selecting remote midi network hosts
  • make midi CC1 (mod wheel) input not affect volume or pan
  • fixed issue where saved midi loops were deleted
  • reduce chance of temporary recorded files accumulating in storage area
  • loop bounce/mixdown from Mixer now respects the "render reverb on mixdown option"
  • fixed loop position issues when saving and loading and rewinding loops

Remember to update your app store reviews for the new version once you get it, it really helps!

Comments

• There goes the weekend! :)

Congrats!

• Lovely , thank you !

• Sonosaurus, one of the really big guys on the iOS platform!

His apps are really amazing!

Thank's for the update!

• Dis be cool. I need to pay you for all of that. Thank you!!!!

• Really great! Thank you, @sonosaurus!

• Jesse, can't you make some IAP so that we can support you with some cash?

• Being an idiot, developers rarely solicit my input on their updates, but our friend @sonosaurus was clever enough to realize that an idiot offers that special idiot insight as regards IT DON WORKY DOCTOR and so forth. I was (predictably) of very little help, but Holy Fuck he cluttered my inbox with at least 100 test versions before he got this far. Not doing that again.

Seriously though; the man's been working it. Kudos.

• This o e is awesome!! And in combination with drum jam and aum.. Magnificant

• what ... no new instruments?!! :) kidding of course - nice little update! been awhile since I've used TJ - gonna dust it off this weekend for sure.

• How do I get it? It's not showing in my updates?

• @db909 said:
    How do I get it? It's not showing in my updates?

Never mind just saw you literally just sent it in. Will wait

• Well it arrived! Looks great, a lot cleaner looking. And Thumbs up for the option to remove the note grid! I watch what I play too much already need to use the ears more

• edited May 2016

@ErrkaPetti said:
    Jesse, can't you make some IAP so that we can support you with some cash?

I would think additional sample content would be a natural IAP for TJ. I'm interested

• Thank you so much !
    Such a great app

• This thread has been up for 20 minutes and there's no video tutorial for the arpeggio yet!

And in seriousness, Sonosaurus, you're the best.

• Link and the arp are the clear top-of-the-list winners here, but check out those AB remote triggers! :o

• Incredible! TJ is a must have for any serious IOS musician. All the midi options as controller is amazing.

Request: Can you create a default template or factory midi options reset option? Haven't checked I ots there, but would love it as I noodles around a lot in there and nose font remember what was what. Please?
    Dont want to delete and reinstall.

• Arp x 4 instruments x loops + link = !!!!! What an unbelievable updates. TJ league is beyond.

• Thumbjam strikes again! thanks for a great update :)

• edited May 2016

Just tried drums and bass with two speeds of arp (latched), and a third lead instrument with arp but un latched . Absolutely superb . Always been one if the classiest apps on my iPad . I'm guessing there's a way to pump MIDI out to other apps but my brain can't handle that much excitement yet ...

• Philip Glass is shaking his fist...

• @carol said:
    Just tried drums and bass with two speeds of arp (latched), and a third lead instrument with arp but un latched . Absolutely superb .

And Linked to my loops in Loopy and Blocs Wave? Fantastic!

• Dang, too bad the update is over 100MB. That means waiting until I get home to begin the download. Anyway this is one of those apps that I bought after hearing so much about it on this forum. I didn't really get into it until the harmonica update came out recently. Nice to see all these updates - incredible. Thank you!

• Great update, thank you.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@carol said:
    Just tried drums and bass with two speeds of arp (latched), and a third lead instrument with arp but un latched . Absolutely superb .

And Linked to my loops in Loopy and Blocs Wave? Fantastic!

Ooh haven't tried that yet - will do later :))

• @carol said:
    Just tried drums and bass with two speeds of arp (latched), and a third lead instrument with arp but un latched . Absolutely superb . Always been one if the classiest apps on my iPad . I'm guessing there's a way to pump MIDI out to other apps but my brain can't handle that much excitement yet ...

Wait hold the phone, the arp is PER INSTRUMENT!?

• Thanks for your diligence. Gawd Bless ya Govner. ThumbJam/ DrumJum are always superb. Sometime I wonder to myself, what would you do, if you went to make fully fledge DAW?....... Like Auria Pro, or Cubasis?....... Excellent stuff matey. ;)

• @db909 said:

@carol said:

Wait hold the phone, the arp is PER INSTRUMENT!?

Yep, and you can have different settings for each one . Makes it a complete self contained performance unit ! There's option for four instruments but I couldn't seem to get past three without on doubling up but I'm not complaining !!!

• edited May 2016

I want you all at my desk first thing in the morning with examples of what you've made with this madness.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I want you all at my desk first thing in the morning with examples of what you've made with this madness.

I'm giving up dark wintry ambient soundscapes , and becoming a modern freeform jazz combo , for one night only