Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Earhoof v1.1.1

Hi All,

I just released v1.1.1 to the store which has a fix for a problem where the audio system would stop working. Anyone who is experiencing this problem should grab this latest build.

This version is a maintenance update, but Earhoof is not dead... I've been actively working on v2.0...

-Brendan

Comments

• @Psicada,

Will it be free update to v2?

I wanna buy it.

• @Psicada said:
    Hi All,

I just released v1.1.1 to the store which has a fix for a problem where the audio system would stop working. Anyone who is experiencing this problem should grab this latest build.

This version is a maintenance update, but Earhoof is not dead... I've been actively working on v2.0...

-Brendan

Very timely. Some of us were chattering about the Mighty Earhoof just today. Glad to hear you're still on it. Unique piece of gear.

• Good to hear. Anxious to see what's in store for v2.

• Oh SNAP! Dis app be DOPE Yo! (as the kids say) ;)

• Just in time for Tim Cook to jam out on it!

• all right! can't wait to see an update of one of my favorite apps. hope lanscape mode is included.

• Great news!

• @Kaikoo2 said:
    @Psicada,

Will it be free update to v2?

I wanna buy it.

Yeah, I'd like to know this too, looked at Earhoof when it was originally released, thought how cool it was, then never got round to buying it because I was low on apps at the time and needed apps providing more basic functionality, then it fell off my radar

If it is getting Link, and has either AB or IAA or both then I'd certainly be looking to buy it, don't to do that right now if a new paid for version is coming, i'd rather wait for the new version.

Thanks

• I bought this from new but never really got the hang of it . Nice to hear there's an update - been nearly two years since the last one and hope I don't have to buy it again for the next one lol

• I don't recall this having midi learn from before. I had a good deal of fun controlling it externally.

• Am I prophetic or what?

Call me Miss Cleo.......................if you nasty

• Earhoof is a nifty and groovy app. Looking forward to seeing what's in store for V2! :smiley: Used it recently in a live performance, and recorded a version of that same track for SC as well.

This is all and only Earhoof. Called "Sweet Dreams", it was a followup to the other 3-iPad+MicroBrute piece called "Restless Sleep" :wink:

• edited May 2016

Has anyone tried to import a sample from Audioshare into Earhoof? It doesn't work on my iPad Air (latest): not via the 'button' Import from Audioshare (in Earhoofs sample-lib) (nothing happens when I click that) and not from Audioshare, when I use Open In... Earhoof.

NB: Audiopaste does work, but you can't rename an imported sample, so please @Psicada, can you fix that? Also +1 for landscape-mode.

• @Harro said:
    Has anyone tried to import a sample from Audioshare into Earhoof? It doesn't work on my iPad Air (latest): not via the 'button' Import from Audioshare (in Earhoofs sample-lib) (nothing happens when I click that) and not from Audioshare, when I use Open In... Earhoof.

Confirmed

• Landscape might be useful, but one of the things that's nice about the existing portrait mode is that one can set up intervals (per the piece above for example) that are in a scale and hit them easily as individual notes - even on a mini :smile:

• I will try to fix that this weekend. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

-Brendan

@mschenkel.it said:

@Harro said:

Confirmed

• @mschenkel.it said:

@Harro said:

Confirmed

Audiopaste works (after a few odd error messages which I dismissed), but open from Audioshare is unresponsive. Pro/latest.

• One other little trick with Earhoof which I've found useful is that if you have established a pattern with two fingers and you then touch with a third, the pattern will "stick" - i.e. keep playing. I've used that for live and other performance to play part of a sequence on one track, and then touch other parts of another track at specific locations to fire individual notes.

• @MusicInclusive said:
    One other little trick with Earhoof which I've found useful is that if you have established a pattern with two fingers and you then touch with a third, the pattern will "stick" - i.e. keep playing. I've used that for live and other performance to play part of a sequence on one track, and then touch other parts of another track at specific locations to fire individual notes.

^^^ ... Where's the +1000 button?

• @eustressor said:

@MusicInclusive said:
    One other little trick with Earhoof which I've found useful is that if you have established a pattern with two fingers and you then touch with a third, the pattern will "stick" - i.e. keep playing. I've used that for live and other performance to play part of a sequence on one track, and then touch other parts of another track at specific locations to fire individual notes.

^^^ ... Where's the +1000 button?

was this possible before the update? I don't remember being able to do this? I remember doing the third finger to hold, but then the left arrow shows to play udder notes.............I did not know that!!!! Sweet...

• cool beans, thanks guys.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@mschenkel.it said:

@Harro said:

Confirmed

Audiopaste works (after a few odd error messages which I dismissed), but open from Audioshare is unresponsive. Pro/latest.

Earhoof v1.1.2 is live which should fix file import woes.

Feel free to hit me up with any more problems. Thanks everyone!

-Brendan

• Oh shit I forgot about this, redownloading!

• Rockin' good news. LOVE this app!!! :)

• edited May 2016

@Nathan said:

@carol said:
    I bought this from new but never really got the hang of it . Nice to hear there's an update - been nearly two years since the last one and hope I don't have to buy it again for the next one lol

>

Earhoof is such a unique app, and has always been fairly priced, so personally I'd be more than happy to help fund development.

Thank you Nathan!

A version 2.0 would be a free update.

-Brendan

• @Psicada said:

@Nathan said:

@carol said:
    I bought this from new but never really got the hang of it . Nice to hear there's an update - been nearly two years since the last one and hope I don't have to buy it again for the next one lol

>

Earhoof is such a unique app, and has always been fairly priced, so personally I'd be more than happy to help fund development.

Thank you Nathan!

A version 2.0 would be a free update.

-Brendan

This app is so sweet. It's almost like playing with that "orgasmatron" from Sleeper. :)

"el Tablet del futuro!"

• It's very cool to send midi compositions generated from an app like Poly to play Earhoof, and still be able to play Earhoof on top of the midi composition at the same time.

I know you can more or less do that in other apps too, but in Earhoof the gernerative midi playing it underneath while playing the instrument over it, it a really good combination. In other apps it's like you're fighting to play along with the generative stuff without it ever really coming together, but the combination is much more conducive in Earhoof.