Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midi learn

I recently got a novation launchkey mini and though I already had a lot of midi controller and keyboards, I found this one pretty powerfull to make the ipad a standalone completely portable multi instrument and drum machine.
The launchkey can switch quickly between 16 channels giving a lot of possibilities to the 8 knobs and 25 keys.

Now, since ipad app switching is unconveniently stuck in the phone era, I am looking for apps that can be midi mapped with midi learn with channel selection.

I had a lot of fun and interesting result so far using:

Drum machines, with midi pattern switching and pad playing recording such as:
-Elastic drum is great though lacking the midi learn for record on/off function.
-Seekbeats (payed full price, near 20$ canadian bucks, ouch, was 7$ last year. Before the the ca dollar crashed).
-DM1, lacking Link

Those going into multiFX throught audiobus, still with midi learn capabilities such as:
-Turnado: 8 knobs never been as powerfull.
-Effectrix
-Wow filter
-DFX
-Kymatica's
- Nebulizer, frobulator and cie
Such a shame that flux:fx can't do midi learn.

Had also succes after spending some times ( not without pain ) to midi map Loopy HD. Group the loop isn't bad either except for the lack of Link.

Add modstep and infinite looper for clip launch of midi mappable synth such as animoog, nave, cyclops, Z3ta+, ice gears (only have lorentz), some virsyns,
Magellan, sunrizer, synthmaster, and you are ready for serious business.

Made some tests with Xinthesizer, Sector, and Egoist.

It is such a joy to be able to control a combination of those app with a single device, and performing without the painfull process of app switching is a game changer in the ios ecosystem.

Audiobus remote bring something usefull in a multi app setup but I often find that the little screen of my iphone become quickly crowded and the icons proportionnaly tiny. Will we ever see a MIDI LEARN FUNCTION IN AB REMOTE? IT WOULD ALLOW TO SWITCH APP WITH MIDI GEAR. A second Ipad as a remote is way more expensive than a midi device with a bunch of buttons, and give a physical feedback which I prefer a lot over the flatness of a touchscreen.

To devs: midi learn please, it is such a joy!
To apple: make app switchable through MIDI.

Any thought on this (sorry about the lenght)?
Any midi learn capable must have apps?