Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MOOG MODEL 15 files sharing

Hi all,
made a patch that I think is interesting, in a way that it comes and goes , due to the envelopes and that there are actually 2 different sounds going on at the same time. Since I am learning the app, I really don't know how I did that but it works. Most tweaking I did are in VCO, and low pass filter just above ...
To play it lock a few notes (3), run arp and then move pots in VCO, try various combinations... I must have spent a few hours tweaking pots and never came up with same sound. Blending of the 2 sounds is done with Aux out level. Anyway have fun experimenting....
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cv1swq6v3frzjpm/WAVES RETURN.m15p?dl=0

Comments

• edited May 2016

Thanks for sharing this, @soundklinik . Very interesting indeed. Approaching iVCS3 levels of unpredictability, at times.
    I was surprised that this Dropbox share actually worked and was so easy to import, which then led to me being surprised that there hasn't been more Model 15 patch sharing going on around here. Don't look at me though, as my pea brain can barely figure out how the init patch works at this point.

• edited May 2016

Here's a link (I hope) to a small collection of various Moog 15 presets complete with descriptions from my library. Be sure to enable the description button in the presets window to see the notes on patch construction, playing tips, etc.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bz9bqo39x8ym22b/SYNTHGUY ZONE 1.m15b?dl=0

Let me know if you can actually download them....
    Enjoy!

I look forward to seeing what others are working on as well!

• What is kind of surprising is how easy and fun it is to get things cooking, once you've recovered from the first shock of seeing all the knobs and cables and after going through a couple of tutorials (e.g in another thread here). Lot's of fun.. Here's the result so far..just from some wild experimentation.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t4pwf0xn6o0nzb9/AADNYeFccmpfDeaEU7Cegyw4a?dl=0

• Thanx @Cliffy , glad you find it interesting, that is why I decided to share and see what others make....it's a sort of an evolving patch that comes and goes, just have to give it time...and the 2 sounds blend in nicely...

I was starting to wonder if it actually worked.

We are all in the same boat, unless there are some lucky people that own the hardware...hopefully others make some patches...
    MOOG made it so simple to share...(thanx)

• Didn't realize it was possible to share awhole bank. Thanks Audiohub. Here are the patches above as a bank instead:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j28joyeu7hxetml/NOONIEN.m15b?dl=0

• GREAT, Thank you both,...nice banks and it is so easy to import.... I use "direct" import and it opens up and says open in Model 15?....I say yeah...

I was hoping that this thread will become a source of patch sharing for such incredible synth.
    I was beginning to worry there for a while :#

Thank you both :)

• edited May 2016

Cool stuff, guys!

I'm glad you were able to download!

• @Audiohub said:
    Cool stuff, guys!
    I'm glad you were able to download!

Just went back to your bank @Audiohub ...WOW such great quality patches, really top sounds...and just tweaking them I get other great sounds...what a synth that model 15

THANKS for sharing :)

• Glad you liked them, Soundklinik!
    I realized that there are some that I forgot to put in that folder, so I'll post another folder with more presets later. :*

These were various things I have created over the years on my hardware Moog Modular 55 system. It's quite a testament to the quality and capability of this 15 app that I am able to reasonably recreate them here on my IPad!

Fantastic job, Moog and Geert!

• Just have to share this one too because it is so weird....(try modwheel as well..). Playing with Model 15 is like exploring a large system of caves, suddenly you find something quite unexpected...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3eh7g0em630d1o/WEIRD FAN.m15p?dl=0

• @NoonienS said:
    Didn't realize it was possible to share awhole bank. Thanks Audiohub. Here are the patches above as a bank instead:

Space Beeing is lovely.

• @ghostly606 said:

@NoonienS said:
    Didn't realize it was possible to share awhole bank. Thanks Audiohub. Here are the patches above as a bank instead:

Space Beeing is lovely.

Yes it is.

• @Audiohub said:
    Here's a link (I hope) to a small collection of various Moog 15 presets complete with descriptions from my library. Be sure to enable the description button in the presets window to see the notes on patch construction, playing tips, etc.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bz9bqo39x8ym22b/SYNTHGUY ZONE 1.m15b?dl=0

Let me know if you can actually download them....
    Enjoy!

I look forward to seeing what others are working on as well!

PW Bass is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

• Big thanks for sharing. Just a note: I was experiencing crashing when I tried to import banks into Model 15 while the preset bank page was open. Freeze, then crash. When I tried again without the presets tab open (the performance/wires all visible) it worked perfectly. In case anyone else has the same issue.

• I look forward to having a small period of time to actually figure out how to make patches on this. I understand the basic signal flow of it but there's obviously a ton of cool modulation options that really make patches come alive.

It sounds so good though that I had to own it- damn you all here! ;-), but knew I wouldn't be able to get into it to deeply right away.

• One approach is not to have too much of a plan. For "Space Being" mentioned avove (thanks btw), I just decided to begin with some pulse width modulation, then went on "what happens if I then do some modulation of the filter", "what happens if I throw in a tiny bit of white noise"..and then (by pure chance) it sounded good..

• anyone else feel that a little mini tutorial on how to add dynamics (velocity, aftertouch) to a patch would be a nice thing? i just can't quite figure it out...

• edited May 2016

@wellingtonCres said:
    anyone else feel that a little mini tutorial on how to add dynamics (velocity, aftertouch) to a patch would be a nice thing? i just can't quite figure it out...

The mini-tutorial here shows you how to add a vibrato effect with aftertouch:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/230397/#Comment_230397

It's really easy, just connect the aftertouch patch from the controller output panel to whatever it is you want to modulate.

• thanks! i am going to get into this right now. could you set my expectations for me? should i expect MIDI velocity data to be coming out of the velocity jack in the controller outputs module? or is this only expression from the built in keyboards? cheers

• Believe it should be both.. One other thing to know is that modulations may be "added". If I e.g modulate the filter cutoff using pitch (by connecting the pitch control output to one of the control inputs of the filter) the cutoff will follow the key pressed. If you then connect an LFO output (using VCO in LFO mode) to one of the other control inputs of the filter, the cutoff will move up and down around the frequence set by the key pressed and so on..

• i still am not 100% on velocity programming... it seems that this requires the use of both VCAs? one to be controlled by an envelope, one to be controlled by the velocity, and then feeding one into the other?

i tried putting both the envelope and velocity into the control of the same VCA but this did not get me what i was after.

• edited May 2016

That's correct, because you want the sound to be able to shut down when you release a key (maybe) and this won't happen if you sum them...velocity stays at whatever the last value is, so the VCA might never close fully.

The VC attenuator can be made to handle velocity if you don't want to tie up the big 902 VCA just for velocity. Here's an example:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0hiu5p64b1jy7d/VELOCITY TRICK.m15p?dl=0

I'm using the VC attenuator to invert the signal and sum it at the 902 input. Fully inverted = no signal. As the velocity increases, less signal is cancelled, and the output increases. The VC attenuator knob sets the initial cancellation, and the top 995 attenuator knob sets how much velocity affects the overall volume. For some reason, this only works when you use the mixer out through the multiple...connect it directly, and it doesn't work. Hmmm.
    Guys at Moog, why is that?

Of course, you'd have to put the filter after the VCA here, but that shouldn't matter much for a lot of patches, and I'll bet someone can take this basic idea and run with it, making it much better!
    For instance, if one of the audio paths is different (say, filtered throught the FFB) then the cancellation will also warp the timbre, which could possibly be a great sound!

All in all, a pretty arcane solution, but hey, isn't that part of the fun? ;)

Hope this helps!

• edited May 2016

ahhhh i want to get my hands on that patch so bad, but i can not download it. i end up seeing the json file in the browser instead of the 'open in' screen, like with the synth guy bank above... thanks so much for the help, tho i fear the future financial implications of where this is heading...

edit: got it by installing dropbox app which gave me the open in model 15 option... thanks!

• edited May 2016

I've struggled with that too, although I got it working mysteriously after fumbling around a bit. I think I downloaded the files to my dropbox account, and then was able to open them in M15. I'm still not quite sure how I got it to work, but it did, eventually.

Do you have a dropbox account, and the dropbox app installed and open on your IPad?
    That seems to be the prerequisite.
    That, and patience, and a LOT of fumbling around. :D
    Look for the icon at the top, a page with an arrow pointing up...press that, and if you're lucky you should see an "open in" button. Press that, and one of the choices should be the M15. Supposedly.

Anybody wanna do a nice tutorial about this? It would sure be appreciated!!!

• thanks for the help i think i got it sorted out! strangely i was having trouble with fugue machine seemingly not properly sending velocity, but everything works just fine via modstep. sending in cc from modstep is a gas! i am studying your patches and learning a lot, completely staggered by the sounds i can get... please come back and share any updates, cheers!

• edited May 2016

The built-in M15 standard keyboard has velocity depending on where you press the key. Low at the bottom edge of the key, highest at about the halfway point of the key.

• duuuuuude we should totally make a bank of drum patches

• edited May 2016

Here's a simpler way to implement volume velocity without tying up the 902 VCAs, leaving them available for better things like stereo panning, dynamic timbre adjustment, etc.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ei569qopq208k8p/SIMPLE VELOCITY TRICK.m15p?dl=0

This uses one of the VC Reversible attenuators as a simple VCA to scale the audio signals. The adjustment on the VCRA sets the the lowest level when a key is pressed lightly, and the Amplifier adjustment next to it sets the maximum volume when a key is pressed hard.

Between these two adjustments, you can set the key dynamics however you want.
    Velocity is also used here to make the filter brighter, speed up the LFO for more PW animation, and send more LFO amount to the Delay time for additional chorusing as a key is struck harder. This makes the patch very touch sensitive, and you'll get the best results by using an external MIDI keyboard with velocity capability.

This method allows for a more conventional VCO-VCF-VCA routing, and uses up a minimum of front panel resources.

There's lots of places for you to tweak this patch to taste, and you should be able to apply the various bits and pieces of it that you like to your own creations.

• is there an easy way to create a sample and hold device to modulate things.

• There's no sample and hold module in the M15, although there's a nice imitation using the arpeggiator and LFO in the FX preset MOOGEVIL9.

Here's a fake sample/hold patch I did a while ago...hey, maybe it will inspire someone to come up with a better one! ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jk8tb05bpvdm2ff/FAUX SAMPLE AND HOLD.m15p?dl=0

However...
    If you've got the excellent MidiLFOs app, it has up to four sample and holds that you can route as CCs via Midi to just about any destination you want on the modular. It has other waveshapes as well, and lots of cool intermodulation capabilities. It's a great addition to the M15.