Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI files imported in Gadget

Anyone knows if there is some way to import MIDI files (notes, I mean) into Gadget tracks?
Thank you

Comments

• @zarv said:
    Anyone knows if there is some way to import MIDI files (notes, I mean) into Gadget tracks?
    Thank you

Import into Auria then record it back to Gadget

• I use modstep for that intent, since they can be linked

Audioshare>modstep then live recording of each track in gadget

• @zarv said:
    Thank you

Korg Module is able to import and play MIDI files

• @Dham said:

@zarv said:
    Thank you

Good thought. Had forgotten that.

• @pierre said:
    I use modstep for that intent, since they can be linked

Yep, I do it too, but MIDI notes are not recorded ( = written) on Gadget tracks, only played, at least I've not been able to do it otherwise

• @Kaikoo2 said:

@zarv said:
    Thank you

Import into Auria then record it back to Gadget

Same as I said to @pierre, also Cubasis goes well for that, but no MIDI written on Gadget tracks

• @Dham said:

@zarv said:
    Thank you

True. Korg would be happy to give it to me. But I need to use Gadget

• @zarv said:

@pierre said:

Yep, I do it too, but MIDI notes are not recorded ( = written) on Gadget tracks, only played, at least I've not been able to do it otherwise

If the record button is activated, it "writes" the midi data in gadget for me.

• @zarv said:

@Dham said:

@zarv said:
    Thank you

True. Korg would be happy to give it to me. But I need to use Gadget

Module is integrated into Gadget

• Can anyone confirm that midi file import into gadget is possible via module? The screenshots I've seen of the module instruments integrated into gadget don't seem to include the midi file player button... info much appreciated, thanks!

• @WillCoxon said:
    Can anyone confirm that midi file import into gadget is possible via module? The screenshots I've seen of the module instruments integrated into gadget don't seem to include the midi file player button... info much appreciated, thanks!

Nope. Not possible to import midi files into Gadget at all in afraid. (The module gadget doesn't have this feature).

• Thanks Matt; saved me an unnecessary app purchase

• @WillCoxon said:
    Thanks Matt; saved me an unnecessary app purchase

I'm afraid your only option is the record the midi into Gadget live.

Sounds crazy but could be done.

• Gadget is a great app, maybe N°1 in my personal list, but Module is way too expensive, and is not completely integrated into Gadget, only adds several synths.
    I drive Gadget by Genome, and it works, as long as MIDI is the matter. And I have been able to write MIDI notes into Gadget, you only have to take care to set the external timing to AUTO, else it will not record anything

• According to this, midi import is now available. However I haven't been able to find it yet. Anybody know how to access it?

http://ipadloops.com/korg-gadget-adds-midi-import-function/

• @mungbeans said:
    According to this, midi import is now available. However I haven't been able to find it yet. Anybody know how to access it?

Click the file icon, then import, then Standard MIDI File

Your MIDI files will need to either be in Itunes or dropbox for you to get to them

• @AndyPlankton said:

@mungbeans said:
    According to this, midi import is now available. However I haven't been able to find it yet. Anybody know how to access it?

Your MIDI files will need to either be in Itunes or dropbox for you to get to them

No audio share?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@mungbeans said:

No audio share?

I've only got iTunes and Dropbox in my list :|

• @AndyPlankton said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@mungbeans said:

No audio share?

Drat. Thanks for checking.

• Don't worry about it. MIDI import in Gadget is hobbled at best until further notice. Don't waste precious time on it until improved.

• Can import midi files on Gadget for Mac

• @AndyPlankton said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@mungbeans said:

No audio share?

Funny aint it, and all miserating to one side, seeing itunes as a Midi import rather than AS just seems quaintly old...

• I guess the best option for MIDI files is to feed them into Gadget via modstep or Genome, but maybe someone else knows of a better solution.

• @telecharge said:
    I guess the best option for MIDI files is to feed them into Gadget via modstep or Genome, but maybe someone else knows of a better solution.

Import via dropbox is ok if you have internet connection and is best if you have an existing MIDI file that you want to start a project from, you will get tracks created for each channel in your file so saves a lot of setup.

If you want to ADD midi to an existing gadget project then recording into Gadget from a MIDI Clock synced app with Gadget as the slave is the only real way.

Use MIDI Clock instead of link as you will get the synced start/stop. Arm record in Gadget, then press play in your sending app. Be carefule not to have loop mode on in Gadget else you will overwrite the start of your recording when it loops. Something else to be aware of is that recording will always start on the first scene when gadget is the slave.

• @pierre said:

Could you explain how you do this?
    How to "live record" exactly?

I am struggling to get MIDI data into Gadget, even bought Bilbao, but even as this adds AudioShare support, it crashes on MIDI files while WAV is OK.

• @tja said:

@pierre said:

Could you explain how you do this?
    How to "live record" exactly?

I am struggling to get MIDI data into Gadget, even bought Bilbao, but even as this adds AudioShare support, it crashes on MIDI files while WAV is OK.

1) Basically you get each layer in modstep to send midi on a different channel into gadget where each gadget listens on a different channel.

2) Arm all the gadgets you are recording into.

3)Ableton link both apps so they are In Perfect sync.

4)Start record in gadget and play the entire song in modstep.

This way you "live record" all the midi into gadget.

5)profit!