Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apology

Hey all,

I made a few posts in the recent days that poked fun and more or less mocked folk's general enthusiasm for Moog 15. That was wrong of me. And, I apologize sincerely to all I may have offended.

What I think was going on is that I was really mocking myself and my own tendency to join into the fun and hit a buy button without even evaluating first. I had no right to dismiss other's joy in the process. I'm sorry.

There are many devs and users on this site who've been very kind to me while I'm trying to learn what I want and how to use it. No one on this site deserves the kind of attitude and mockery I was dishing out. Just because I'm trying to curb my own obsessions, that's no excuse for implying anyone else should.

Again, thanks to all who've tolerated my inconsiderate behavior and have been so helpful to me since I've been active on the site over the last 3 months or so. Its a poor way to show my gratitude for sure, and once again... I regret offending any of you.

I'm sorry.

Comments

• I was poking at everyone to buy 42 inch iPad HD and said it is coming on mother's day.

I apologize sincerely if offending any of you

I'm sorry I can not make a better tutorial on English to everyone here on this forum

So I'm sorry too.

• edited May 2016

I am sorry to you too, SkipHunt.

I have never tried myself by jizzing sextoy with.

I have never tried joining orgy and

I don't know how to kink my panty too.

Therefore, I should try to simulate and twist myself to understand the language.

So I apologize to you too!

• Classy apology but not really sure what you're referring to. From a lurker's perspective you seem like an alright dude.

• Yes, very nice of you, @skiphunt. I didn't feel like you need to apologize, since it's a forum for expressing opinions and views. You always did this politely, IMO. The few very aggressive responses to your view are best ignored, and gone on politely, I thought, and still think. Cheers, t

• @skiphunt don't be too hard on yourself Skip. We'll all just blundering along here (and pretty much everywhere else come to think of it,....)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @skiphunt don't be too hard on yourself Skip. We'll all just blundering along here (and pretty much everywhere else come to think of it,....)

Po...

• Imma let you finish...here, hold this selfie stick a moment...

• @Kaikoo2 said:
    I am sorry to you too, SkipHunt.

I have never tried myself by jizzing sextoy with.

I have never tried joining orgy and

I don't know how to kink my panty too.

Therefore, I should try to simulate and twist myself to understand the language.

So I apologize to you too!

I really do think you should make a bigger effort to accomplish some of these worthy pursuits, I know you will find them most enjoyable, well at least I do.

• It's surprising how many people have never tried themselves by jizzing sextoy with.

• @Janie said:
    It's surprising how many people have never tried themselves by jizzing sextoy with.

It's not just the language you've mastered, it's his ineffable rhythm. Well done.

• LOL!

My fantasy methods can help shedding load of you ...

No time to fool here! I am doing and writing tutorial for you guys. See you soon.

• just wanna apologise to my neightbor for insulting him. I hope he has an ipad and plays music on top of that. surely he must know of audiobus no? I'm sure everbody has. my grandma does anyway. I mean dies.

• Lol, you skallywags brighten my day.

• edited May 2016

Well, just thought it was the right thing to do. I'm not so proud that I can't admit when I've been wrong.

It's like you're at this Christmas party and everybody is all excited and getting into the spirit of the season. There's music, laughter, some good food and drinks. Everybody's having a great time and joyful.

And then some sonofabeotch starts spoutin' off about how the commercializing of the holiday has destroyed the tradition... how the celebrated date is possibly based on Pagan rites, etc. etc.

It's just kinda rude, especially if you know why everyone is there to begin with. Better to go along with the flow.

• …and yet photocopying my arse was perfectly acceptable.

• edited May 2016

@Nathan said:

@skiphunt said:

I made a few posts in the recent days that poked fun and more or less mocked folk's general enthusiasm for Moog 15. That was wrong of me. And, I apologize sincerely to all I may have offended.

No need at all, in fact it was you who should have received an apology from the pair of orcs being so aggressive.

One of the great things here is that a view can be honestly expressed. It may not please everyone, but as long as it's said with civility I'd much rather read views from those who care about a subject, one way or another, as opposed to fanboy babble where nothing is ever sub standard, etc.

Not that it's the crime of the century, but it appears some posters do try to hijack threads with their own agendas. The Moog 15 thread was a big announcement of a major release for iOS, and the developers were participating. People who actually bought the app had a chance to express their opinions of it, problems they had, and ask the developers questions. Maybe fanboy babble to you, but when one comes in trying to insult, shame, and manipulate Moog into lowering their price, or to mock us "fanboys," putting the burden on us to sell the app to the mocker because he doesn't see the value, then it takes some patience not to allow the thread to be hijacked.

The apology here is a nice gesture, and hopefully we can keep at least some of the threads here on the more professional level they deserve.

• edited May 2016

@lovadamusic said:

@Nathan said:

@skiphunt said:

No need at all, in fact it was you who should have received an apology from the pair of orcs being so aggressive.

One of the great things here is that a view can be honestly expressed. It may not please everyone, but as long as it's said with civility I'd much rather read views from those who care about a subject, one way or another, as opposed to fanboy babble where nothing is ever sub standard, etc.

Not that it's the crime of the century, but it appears some posters do try to hijack threads with their own agendas. The Moog 15 thread was a big announcement of a major release for iOS, and the developers were participating. People who actually bought the app had a chance to express their opinions of it, problems they had, and ask the developers questions. Maybe fanboy babble to you, but when one comes in trying to insult, shame, and manipulate Moog into lowering their price, or to mock us "fanboys," putting the burden on us to sell the app to the mocker because he doesn't see the value, then it takes some patience not to allow the thread to be hijacked.

The apology here is a nice gesture, and hopefully we can keep at least some of the threads here on the more professional level they deserve.

For the record, I NEVER did anything you've mentioned here other than poke fun at fever-pitch enthusiasm. And I've sincerely apologized for that. I did NONE of the rest you're citing. I'm not sure how that keeps getting stuck on me.

Some have chosen to ridicule that apology. That's fine. I didn't expect anyone to accept the apology, hold hands, and sing Kumbaya or anything. What I DID post, sounded like it was coming from a mean place and that's not me.

I'm VERY interested in the Moog 15 app. I have NO issue with their pricing. Haven't bought it yet because it looks like it's going to require a great deal of time to really be able to understand it, and I'm trying to more or less cut the wires soon, get off-line and do a little traveling.

When I get back into new app learning/discovery mode, Moog 15 is at the top of my list.

• @skiphunt said:

@lovadamusic said:

@Nathan said:

@skiphunt said:

For the record, I NEVER did anything you've mentioned here other than poke fun at fever-pitch enthusiasm. And I've sincerely apologized for that. I did NONE of the rest you're citing. I'm not sure how that keeps getting stuck on me.

Some have chosen to ridicule that apology. That's fine. I didn't expect anyone to accept the apology, hold hands, and sing Kumbaya or anything. What I DID post, sounded like it was coming from a mean place and that's not me.

I'm VERY interested in the Moog 15 app. I have NO issue with their pricing. Haven't bought it yet because it looks like it's going to require a great deal of time to really be able to understand it, and I'm trying to more or less cut the wires soon, get off-line and do a little traveling.

When I get back into new app learning/discovery mode, Moog 15 is at the top of my list.

I was answering the poster I quoted, the one who calls us fanboys and tries to manipulate developers with regard to pricing. About the Model 15 enthusiasm, I just don't think it's the responsibility of those who love the app to convince doubters that their enthusiasm is valid---and that's what I got from your posts. But whatever... I think your apology is great, and I hope you get a chance to get into the Model 15 soon.

• Most of the losers on here don't deserve an apology it.

(kidding)

'
    Classy move.

You seem very introspective. So, give yourself a break now and be easy on YOURSELF.

• Could you apologize to me next?

I mean, by not fighting with me you've hurt my feelings because you've made me jealous of those who you do bother to apologize to. It seems like you don't care anymore than you didn't before. Maybe our relationship isn't what I never thought it wasn't and we need to part ways even though you never knew I existed which is clearly how I feel. It's like I don't even not know you anymore.

• I like the Christmas party analogy. There's always room here to have your own "should we really celebrate Christmas???" Party ;-)
    And it's good of you to recognize the two are better off not mixed together. Thanks for the apology

• I also must say: Skip isn't wrong. It's intimidating to pay more for one app than any other and doubt your ability to make it sound good -- or any better than any emulator. And I love the Moog sound; but you have to admit that it's pretty distinct. It not just another texture! It's not going to sit in your track quietly! I'm much more inclined to make the equally intimidating leap with Audulus, which seems to be perhaps less a beautiful sound but far more malleable. But it's terrifying (overstated). I mean, it takes me about 30 seconds of tweaking to turn a perfectly lovely Sunrizer patch to mud!
    For the record: I'm Scottish and pathologically frugal.

• edited May 2016

@Nathan said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    ....pathologically frugal.

>

Great album title. ;)

It's a way of life. That said – which is more versatile? Animoog or the model 15? Or! To stay pathologically frugal, does Animoog for iPhone make any sense?

I, too, want everything smiles!

• Skiphunt, you are clearly a classy bloke. I for one value your opinion, so keep voicing it.

• edited May 2016

Since posing this burning question — Animoog or Model 15? — let me stress there's no urgency to answer it. I have just opened my new purchase, Fieldscaper. Um, I'll be in the library for the forseeable future....

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Since posing this burning question — Animoog or Model 15? — let me stress there's no urgency to answer it. I have just opened my new purchase, Fieldscaper. Um, I'll be in the library for the forseeable future....

I've had Animoog for years and while I appreciate the sound quality , and enjoy the occasional noodle , have never used it on an actual track . I think it's due to the hidden away editor , I just don't get on with the UI . On the other hand , Model 15 is featuring on every track I do , and looks set to get as much use as my other workhorse Thor lol

• edited May 2016

@ExAsperis99 said:

I'm actually kinda curious about this question too. I already have Animoog, but have only recently really started exploring what it's capable of after installing RustiK's presets and timbre bank. I've had it a long time, but never played with it much. I've only got into iOS sound stuff obsessively in the last 3 months.

Very impressed with Animoog and am now seeing how much deeper it really can go. I hadn't noticed all of those additional levels of parameter control before. I'm curious to read what others who now have both have to say, and a nice A/B comparison.

On Fieldscaper... LOVE that one. I also got Soundscaper in the last couple of weeks I think. I hadn't checked it out much since I figured Fieldscaper was basically the same, but with field recording and a few other features. But I was wrong. VERY different apps. If you love Fieldscaper... put his Soundscaper app on your wish list too. :)

• @Nathan said:

@lovadamusic said:

This is the last time I will respond to any of your posts, as I find them insulting and deliberately irritating. Everyone has a right to their (civil) opinion, whether you happen to agree with it or not. Developers learn nothing from getting just kisses. Our friends at Novation, for example, value a to and fro of ideas, which enables them to tailor their products according to demand.

The assertion that someone asking questions about an app, including pricing, is somehow unprofessional, and the implication that those like me, who you clearly consider lesser beings, are unfit to comment is offensive.

Have a nice day.

There's no need to respond to my posts, especially if you're going to misrepresent what I wrote.