Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Modstep + AUM + Audiobus...Help...

Hello,

I was thinking to migrate all my productions and workflow to Modstep...
Problems : I don't see pans on Modstep mixer, also Link does not launch all apps as Audio Remote does...
So AUM solve the problem of pans and effects, perfectly controlled with midi , and even on the Ipad, you have a clear view of what's going on.
AUM, for an unknown reason does not launch every linked apps, so as Modstep ( I couldn't start Gadget into Modstep, or Elastic drums is starting, but it's not stopping !!!!

Also, as far as I got it, Modstep does not handle audio a solution might be :
-Audiobus ->AudioRemote , on 8 channels.
-Redirect these 8 Audiobus synths to Modstep
-Modstep outs to AUM.

But as Modstep does not handle audio it can't be done...
I've started to organise redirection from AUM to Modstep, as Modstep can handle AUM outputs, but it's a bit unstable at the moment...

Also, I'm surprised I can't connect Audiobus separate channels to Modstep, am I wrong ?

Anyway, what do you think about all of this ? Did you manage it differently ? Any feedback would be appreciated as I'm having headaches to understand what comes in what for days now...

Comments

• edited May 2016

Korg Gadget is not an IAA instrument, you can not insert it to Auria too!

ED drum has tiny IAA issue, it is a promising app, developer will help it out in the future. Still working fine, depend on how you set it up. Try only midi connection without IAA.

Audiobus is not IAA generator or instrument. Of course, can not be accessed by Modstep.

All in all, I have been telling guys using AUM as your audio hub, Modstep as your midi sequencer. You will be fine!

• My way of doing it is 8 apps => Audiobus multi route + remote => 8 Aum Channels. Only midi data from modstep to Aum and all the apps. This way you get Audiobus state saving + audio unit saving in AUM. And since modstep isn't handling audio data at all it's super stable.

• @Kaikoo2 hmm I've been able to record Gadget using Modstep, to get very neat loops, so Modstep is Audiobus compatible, so why can't I select any of Audiobus input ? (dumb question but...)
    I guess I should have done that thru AUM...Don't remember...

But finally, yes, midi with Modstep, and Audio with AUM sounds good.
    @gonekrazy3000 thanks, and yes, I'll put Audiobus before AUM for the reasons you've explained...

Well, now I need to make it work between 2 ipads using ICA4+ and all should be good... :cold_sweat:

• edited May 2016

@crony said:
    @Kaikoo2 hmm I've been able to record Gadget using Modstep, to get very neat loops

My fault! You can insert it as IAA generator! Not as IAA instrument! My mistake to explain things! You can do Gadget pretty well with Modstep. I did few times weeks ago! I just not concentrate on this talking. I only do M15 stuff past week. Cheers

• edited May 2016

@Kaikoo2 said:

@crony said:
    @Kaikoo2 hmm I've been able to record Gadget using Modstep, to get very neat loops

My fault! You can insert it as IAA generator! Not as IAA instrument! My mistake to explain things! You can do Gadget pretty well with Modstep. I did few times weeks ago! I just not concentrate on this talking. I only do M15 stuff past week. Cheers

You can put Gadget on track 1 IAA generator. Then on track 2 to ~ say 16.... You can have midi channels specified for each Modstep tracks, track one provides audio for recording. other tracks do sending midi data to Gadget's instruments!

That is one of my way!

• @crony said:
    @Kaikoo2 hmm I've been able to record Gadget using Modstep, to get very neat loops, so Modstep is Audiobus compatible, so why can't I select any of Audiobus input ? (dumb question but...)
    I guess I should have done that thru AUM...Don't remember...

But finally, yes, midi with Modstep, and Audio with AUM sounds good.
    @gonekrazy3000 thanks, and yes, I'll put Audiobus before AUM for the reasons you've explained...

Well, now I need to make it work between 2 ipads using ICA4+ and all should be good... :cold_sweat:

I'm actually using 2 iPads lol. Have midi moving from my iPad 3 that has a midisport x1 and both my Keith mcmillans attached to the iPad air2 that has an Irig midi. So the air2 is just the sound module. The ipad3 does all the midi processing. Hence why I don't use IAA in modstep.

• @gonekrazy3000
    I see :)
    I have an Ipad Pro, for synths + midi , and an Ipad 4 for additional synths.
    The ICA4+ would connect magically everything, and add midi controllers thru a usb hub...

• @Kaikoo2 thanks for the explanation. I didn't even know there was a difference between an IAA generator and an instrument... :(
    M15 is just great, very true...