Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gig - couple of iPad Musicans are performing

Hi folks.

If it's not out of place, I'd like to share an upcoming event that I'm performing at (as Interplekt: https://www.facebook.com/Interplekt) , as is Paolo Valladolid, in D.C. this coming Friday.

The Baltimore Electronic Music 2016 Springfest

... sponsored by the Baltimore SDIY Group & Friends.

It's actually a two-evening all-ages concert of electronic / experimental music - Friday and Saturday but we're both performing on the Friday.

If you have Facebook, you can find the event here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/886104958179735/

If not, you can find the details here:

https://sites.google.com/site/baltimoresdiygroup/Home/group-shows/baltimore-electronic-music-2016-springfest-concert-one

Starts at 7:45. $10 door fee.

I plan to be using 3 iPads along with a Microbrute. I think Paolo is playing electric viola though, not iPads :smile:

Hope some of you can make it! :smiley:

Comments

• Won't be in that fine part of the world then, but best of luck with it, and bring us back some stories....

• edited May 2016

a i c
    Paolo = Governor Silver

have fun guys!

• What! No European leg of your tour! Real shame cos I'd love to experience it.
    Wishing you good luck & a feast of Friday fun.

• edited May 2016

Derek have a great time and do work brother! I wish there was a Las Vegas Electronic Music Springfest! That sounds great.

Maybe either take a line out from the mixer or do an AudioShare recording, be cool to hear it. I'm sure doing 3 iPads and an electric viola will be interesting to do live...

• Vegas baby! We should do a Vegas meet up

• Hey thanks for the encouragement folks! :+1:

BTW: Paolo says he's playing an Octatrack this time out.

• Found the official event calendar post here. Has both days listed:

https://www.facebook.com/events/271163563225350/

• Used to live in the DC area, and if I still did, I'd be there. Let me know when you guys hit Atlanta!

• I have family in town this weekend, or I would have probably headed up there to check it out. Hope it all goes well.

Are you going to record your set?

• Hoping to @Sonicflux. Still trying to figure out the best way. I might route a stereo pair to Audioshare via the iCA4+ on the mini running the Model 15 since I'm not taxing the Model 15 too much in this setup.

• Here's the final take on the live rig:

• And, here's an experimental track made with rig.

Live take - one track, 3 iPads + MicroBrute recorded directly in AUM which was also controlling the mix.

Moog Model 15, Thesys driving iSEM, Addictive Synth, Shoom, apeFilter, DubFilter, Animoog, Drumjam, AltiSpace.

• Wow cool!

• So, this happened. :smile:

And, yes, as Paolo noted at the event, I do look different when I'm not wearing my glasses! :smiley:

Thankful to my lovely wife who came and supported and did a video. Sounded better on the video than I heard at the front - which was encouraging.

Couple of things.

Drumjam lost sync on me twice. Weird. It was set to 120 bpm - locked to AUM - and then it slowed down and the rhythm got muddled. Righted itself, but it was odd.

I could not hear the Model 15 app clearly at the front (which I was playing via the keyboard). I had thought about taking my own monitor wedges and power amp and running a second stereo pair out of the iCA4+ but decided against it in the end, but the monitoring I did hear from the floor monitor that was there was missing the top end I think - and most of the Model 15 work was on the top end. I had it set to max in AUM as well in the mix, compared with the other elements I was including. Could have been that the levels from the iCA2+ were also somewhat lower than when I did the recording, but, as you know if you play live - things can be ... interesting! :smile:

Still, watching and listening to the video afterwards, it worked a lot better from the audience perspective than I had thought at the time from a player perspective.

The first piece was a live version of the SC track I posted the other day. However, I did end up using a different drum sequence and the balance was different since I couldn't hear the monitoring clearly. Also wasn't as melodic on the keyboards since I was distracted by the Drumjam sync loss and esp. by not being able to hear the Model 15 app clearly at the front

I also did a second, melodic rhythmic piece, (where I'm playing one of the iPads in my hand) using..... EEEEAAArrrhooooof! :smiley:

(I'd set up a Eb melodic patch using the bottle samples beforehand, and that also worked out well live. Just Earhoof).

Was a unique experience.

And, no, I did not risk doing a recording of the live setup, but I'll see maybe if I can extract the recording from the video my wife shot at some point and clean it up a bit.

Apologies for the quality of the pics. From zoomed in video in a dark room.

Here's the final AUM config I ended up with. I ended up mixing the various instruments live with AUM from the various iPads and the MicroBrute.

And, then of course Earhoof :smile:

• Sounds like an interesting event @MusicInclusive . You should post the vid!