Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS synth similar to Alchemy

Will anyone tell me if he/she knows about a synth with features similar to Alchemy? Thanks

Comments

• Well, after some consideration I opted for Z3TA+. At least, I see that is widely well spoken of

• Mitosynth and Synthmaster are often mentioned as having some similarities with Alchemy.

• Which aspects of Alchemy?

Sounds? Which sound bank?

User interface? --- TF is a clone remove the recorder

Believe it or not, if you are speaking strictly the "sonic" contents of Alchemy, you can no doubt find a great similarity and genre orientation with Arturia's ISpark drum app. Strangely enough, I find that app touches many of the areas of Alchemy speaking in terms of what type of music can be done or emulated.

In case you may be asking another question - which app has the 4 track recording that you can do mini loop or song?

In that case, I recommend Animoog, Addictive, or Nave.

Nlog has some great sounds but only 1 track recorder with overdub.

The company that makes NLOG also made NAVE and Arturia's ISEM. You may also look there.

I personally love(loved) Alchemy. It takes up a shitload of space. You may want to consider an app like Samplewhiz or Cubasis's playable Sample maker and getting samples of the Alchemy sounds. Even if you used the VST to get them.

Silly question.................

Why are you not just using Alchemy?

• SUNRIZER also has much of what you get in ALCHEMY as far as sound. But no recorder and a weird ARP system.

• PPG Wavemapper

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    PPG Wavemapper

I have both IPAD and IPHONE version.

It seems like the phone version has some cool feature where all the symbols move around (automated)

Is that setting or option on the IPAD?

Lot of good patches on PPG.

Problem for me is the odd "analytical" interface.

Way to many numbers and small ones at that. I find the ARP is odd as well. Especially the BPM syncing.

Unless may be me.

• Thanks you all for the useful advices.
    @Rustik The wavetable aspect is maybe what I love less in Alchemy (and in general). What I meant was a 3-4 synths with a lot of possibilities in modulation, and the use of a sampler (this are the features where Alchemy really stands up, IMHO). Referring to your last question: Alchemy is an iOS app no more, and I need just that. Thanks for your very exhaustive answer, I'll test the apps you mention

• Synthmaster
    TF7

• There's too many supergreat Synths to iPad & iPhone!

Thank’s all developer, but you've stolen all my time that should have gone to my girlfriend ;-)

But, I gladly pay money to all of you guys out there making our lives so much better in speak of musicmaking...

• @JeffChasteen said:
    Synthmaster
    TF7

Exactly

• Alchemy had a somewhat different approach, still nothing quite like it.