Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

(Not so simple) way to trigger single sample via MIDI (Blueboard) -- SOLVED

Hello,

For people who play live, what app do you use to trigger a single pre-recorded sample? I have a guitar snippet I want to insert into my performance several times in a song, triggered by the Blueboard.

Thanks,
Michael

Comments

• Lots and lots of ways. Which apps do you have currently?

Loopy and NanoStudio instantly jump to my old school mind though I'm not sure NS supports the Blueboard directly. Loopy does though.

• @syrupcore said:
    Lots and lots of ways. Which apps do you have currently?

Loopy and NanoStudio instantly jump to my old school mind though I'm not sure NS supports the Blueboard directly. Loopy does though.

Thank you. I have both of those. I wasn't sure if Loopy could do a one-time play versus starting a loop, but I will check it out.

• I wasn't able to figure out how to make Loopy play without looping. I couldn't get Nanostudio to work at all.

Just in case this is helpful to anybody else...

What I ended up doing was use iSpark to load / play samples, and Midibridge to map between the CC-commands from Blueboard to the Note On command expected by all these programs (I think) including iSpark. The Midibridge forum had the following code, which does the mapping magic which ultimately triggers the bottom left pad in iSpark.

B0 00 = 90 44

So, set the CC range from 1-4 in Blueboard app, load Midibridge with the above rule, send it to iSpark, and voila.

The only thing I need to remember is to press the Blueboard button a second time to send Note Off, after which it is armed to start the sample again.

• Sorry, mang. I thought Loopy did one shots! Maybe it's possible via one of the toggle and then mute type of advanced bindings? @htmx?

Glad you got it working but that having to send a note-off thing sounds like a bummer.

When you say you couldn't get NS to work, do you mean it didn't see the blueboard? It should be able to see MIDI Bridge. The notes in the TRG are fixed so you'll need to map to them (it's either C2 or C3 for the lower left pad and up from there). The TRG defaults to one shot mode so if you can get it working, you don't need to worry about sending a note-off command.

Or beatmaker 2? Or samplr? Or Thumbjam? Or ModStep?

• Thanks.

With Nanostudio, the app could see Blueboard and Midibridge in the Settings / MIDI page, but I could not get it to play either an Eden synth or a TRG. I loaded other synths which worked right away, so I cut my losses.

I am pretty sure Beatmaker 2 and Thumbjam also expect MIDI notes. I don't know about Samplr and don't have Modstep.

Since I've already done the Midibridge thing, the iSpark solution looks pretty good, since it has all the sample editing features.