Moog Model 15 App Released

1141517192026

Comments

  • Should work now.

  • @Max_Free said:
    Should work now.

    Ok, good night!

  • Acidic Fat Arp Test

  • @theconnactic said:
    How does it behave with Auria? Can it write MIDI to Auria's Piano roll? Will it run fine alongside multiple MIDI and audio tracks and plugins?

    Tested this on Air 1; worked well and easily.

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Short instrumental. Some patches from 15 fiddled with. Drums from here and there and drumjam. Other samples from the aquarium of course :). Will no doubt delete it in sunlight.

    Probably not very well recorded/mixed (which is where the less talented of us do a disservice to the developers). Turned my passing poor mood into something silly. Always best to get converted, whatever brand of God you fancy...

    I absolutely love this one! Brilliant work there my brother :smiley:

  • @animal said:
    Man, you guys all are really infectious with your love of this App. I really don't need it, and I never was into Modular at all, but reading all of this sends me through all the motions (I need to get this, as fast as possible / but I can't see it really contributing to my style of work / but I could spent some real quality time with it, just messing around and enjoying / but I might as well get a little more in touch with all the Apps crowding my Pads anyways / but I'm gonna missout out on all the joy everybody here experiences, also: this is state of the art, pushing the boundaries and taking things further on ios...(repeat ad infinitum)).

    Anyways, thanks everybody for the enthusiasm filling this thread, and thus enriching my days, it's a joy!

    I'll echo those sentiments, it feels good to see people up on it, happy about it, in and all around it !!!!

  • @kobamoto said:

    @animal said:
    Man, you guys all are really infectious with your love of this App. I really don't need it, and I never was into Modular at all, but reading all of this sends me through all the motions (I need to get this, as fast as possible / but I can't see it really contributing to my style of work / but I could spent some real quality time with it, just messing around and enjoying / but I might as well get a little more in touch with all the Apps crowding my Pads anyways / but I'm gonna missout out on all the joy everybody here experiences, also: this is state of the art, pushing the boundaries and taking things further on ios...(repeat ad infinitum)).

    Anyways, thanks everybody for the enthusiasm filling this thread, and thus enriching my days, it's a joy!

    I'll echo those sentiments, it feels good to see people up on it, happy about it, in and all around it !!!!

    Ditto. I have to wonder if'n part of the rapture isn't because it came so silently out of leftfield...which doesn't mean I'm not waiting on all the things I'm waiting on, but still...

  • Is the 3D Touch just for aftertouch and not for velocity? Does any one know? If so it seems a bit of a wasted opportunity, no?

  • @Fitz said:
    Is the 3D Touch just for aftertouch and not for velocity? Does any one know? If so it seems a bit of a wasted opportunity, no?

    not wasted opportunity...the 3D touch is a afaik just not able to deliver velocitiy.There is a delay before the effect kicks in (you have to push the screen a little longer to get this effect)and that makes it currently only usable for aftertouch.Maybe next generation...

  • @Seangarland said:

    @Nathan said:

    @Kaikoo2 said:
    Well, the future of sonic mayhem will be controlled by genetic algorithms and optimized by fuzzy logic, it is easy to do so for your curiosity by your command! The left over on the equation is your own inner artistic desire to realizatdion. It is up to you to pick your delight! I don't against you, but found you a good person!

    >

    Sounds like a quote from Professer Stanley J. Krammerhead III junior, a visiting professor of applied narcotics from the university of Please Yourself California - The Rutles. :)

    More seriously, I too have been listening to the demos, trying to work out why lots of people think it's great. Yes, the sound is superb, and the controls a beauty to behold. My initial impression was that this would be an incredible synth. But many synths I already have seem to produce a much more varied range of sounds. Is it me, or have more varied demos just not been made yet?.

    I think that part of the appeal of this app is that it is a specific emulation of a classic hardware synth. It doesn't promise to do everything, but merely to emulate the Model 15 very well. Synths like Thor, Tera Synth, and even Magellan have likely much more to offer as far as sonic possibilities. But, if you want the "classic" Moog sound (which Animoog never really pretended to be), this is probably the best app for that. Plus, in my mind, this interface is much more intuitive than those in Audulus or zMors Modular (which again, can do much more than this app can, due to the addition of more complex sequencers, math modules, etc.).

    Yep. Exactly what @Seangarland said.

    I think it's the quality thing - not anything else.

  • edited May 2016

    Hi,

    Just run a very simple patch on Auria Pro for Air2 iPad

    Observation:

    1.
    Pro Q 2 is very efficient tool for reading spectrum plot as usually, CPU consumption on ProQ2 only 1-2% by default

    2.
    Just even a simple patch on Air2, CPU is hohovering around 35% on midi track inst

    3.
    On audio track, little less, around 31% CPU

    4.
    If turn off Econ mode, CPU goes higher to 50-51%

    5.
    CP-15B power switch is only for get off the sound, in my case, Auria Pro CPU stay the same 30% usage, so don't think of it as battery saving strategy, it will cost consumption

    6.
    On Econ mode without any other Auria Pro plugin, M15 general preset patches running around 35 - 50% CPU.

    Note: All observation with Auria Pro red button off on track.

  • edited May 2016

    @Nathan said:

    @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Yep. Exactly what @Seangarland said.

    I think it's the quality thing - not anything else.

    >

    Having now seen the review from Doug at TSTR, I can see and hear the quality of this app, fabulous for those who are into that classic Moog sound. It was also apparent to me that the specifics of what it does - the type and range of sound it emulates - is not something I'd use more than the IOS synth collection I already own.

    So Moog are probably right with thier strategy, as sonic dabbler's like me, with just a casual interest, aren't going to be easily tempted. Thus pitching to and pricing for those who revere the hardware version, properly appreciate this app and want its specific focus, makes sense.

    where is the Doug TSTR review? Got a link?
    nevermind...(thanks!)

  • @cl516 said:

    @Crabman said:
    anyone already tried some (Filter)FM stuff (audiorate) with it?That's were many"virtual analog"fail to deliver but it's especially interesting with a modular synth.

    Model 15 delivers fine with audiorate stuff. I mean, watch your volume obviously, but it works and sounds great.
    Actually, it's really freaking great, and seems better than that other software moog modular, though with less modules.

    For those new around here, what's 'that other software moog modular' ?

  • @srcer said:

    @cl516 said:

    @Crabman said:
    anyone already tried some (Filter)FM stuff (audiorate) with it?That's were many"virtual analog"fail to deliver but it's especially interesting with a modular synth.

    Model 15 delivers fine with audiorate stuff. I mean, watch your volume obviously, but it works and sounds great.
    Actually, it's really freaking great, and seems better than that other software moog modular, though with less modules.

    For those new around here, what's 'that other software moog modular' ?

    None!

  • @Nathan said:

    @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Yep. Exactly what @Seangarland said.

    I think it's the quality thing - not anything else.

    >

    Having now seen the review from Doug at TSTR, I can see and hear the quality of this app, fabulous for those who are into that classic Moog sound. It was also apparent to me that the specifics of what it does - the type and range of sound it emulates - is not something I'd use more than the IOS synth collection I already own.

    So Moog are probably right with thier strategy, as sonic dabbler's like me, with just a casual interest, aren't going to be easily tempted. Thus pitching to and pricing for those who revere the hardware version, properly appreciate this app and want its specific focus, makes sense.

    I believe it's aimed at anyone who wants to add a high quality and unique voice to their sound palette, or one who is interested in learning modular synthesis on the virtual equivalent of a real Moog instrument---or both. The pricing probably reflects the work that went into the making of the app and what the developers think is appropriate for the iOS market. It's a groundbreaking tool on iOS that doesn't lend itself to the pricing of a professional app on the one hand, and a cheap impulse buy for those who don't really want it on the other.

  • edited May 2016

    I guess in order for an app to make use of the metal technology it needs to be programmed from the beginning like this?
    So......animoog for example couldn't be retrofitted with metal right?

  • I'm wondering if any other music apps make use of metal aside from M15.

  • @srcer said:

    @cl516 said:

    @Crabman said:
    anyone already tried some (Filter)FM stuff (audiorate) with it?That's were many"virtual analog"fail to deliver but it's especially interesting with a modular synth.

    Model 15 delivers fine with audiorate stuff. I mean, watch your volume obviously, but it works and sounds great.
    Actually, it's really freaking great, and seems better than that other software moog modular, though with less modules.

    For those new around here, what's 'that other software moog modular' ?

    Most likely referring to the moog modular vst by arturia. Keep in mind that one is 15 years old now (at least). I haven't followed out but did arturia redo anything on out audio wise since its release?

    I just got paid for a gig that I had forgotten about so I think I'll be getting this app soon.

  • @mrufino1 said:

    @srcer said:

    @cl516 said:

    @Crabman said:
    anyone already tried some (Filter)FM stuff (audiorate) with it?That's were many"virtual analog"fail to deliver but it's especially interesting with a modular synth.

    Model 15 delivers fine with audiorate stuff. I mean, watch your volume obviously, but it works and sounds great.
    Actually, it's really freaking great, and seems better than that other software moog modular, though with less modules.

    For those new around here, what's 'that other software moog modular' ?

    Most likely referring to the moog modular vst by arturia. Keep in mind that one is 15 years old now (at least). I haven't followed out but did arturia redo anything on out audio wise since its release?

    I just got paid for a gig that I had forgotten about so I think I'll be getting this app soon.

    IT WAS THE APP FAIRY I TELL YOU!

  • @srcer said:

    @cl516 said:

    @Crabman said:
    anyone already tried some (Filter)FM stuff (audiorate) with it?That's were many"virtual analog"fail to deliver but it's especially interesting with a modular synth.

    Model 15 delivers fine with audiorate stuff. I mean, watch your volume obviously, but it works and sounds great.
    Actually, it's really freaking great, and seems better than that other software moog modular, though with less modules.

    For those new around here, what's 'that other software moog modular' ?

    As far as I know there aren't any, not unless you were thinking of Pulse Code Inc app, Modular Synthisis?

  • edited May 2016

    I got the free soundpack via Facebook. Had to switch on the setting to allow it then disabled it. Whatever the hell that does.
    20 presets, some very similar(at first play through anyway), seems decent enough for a free pack. So.., ok,...thanks again!

  • edited May 2016

    @srcer said:

    @cl516 said:

    @Crabman said:
    anyone already tried some (Filter)FM stuff (audiorate) with it?That's were many"virtual analog"fail to deliver but it's especially interesting with a modular synth.

    Model 15 delivers fine with audiorate stuff. I mean, watch your volume obviously, but it works and sounds great.
    Actually, it's really freaking great, and seems better than that other software moog modular, though with less modules.

    For those new around here, what's 'that other software moog modular' ?

    pretty sure its arturia's modular v - but its desktop only.

  • @Crabman said:

    @Fitz said:
    Is the 3D Touch just for aftertouch and not for velocity? Does any one know? If so it seems a bit of a wasted opportunity, no?

    not wasted opportunity...the 3D touch is a afaik just not able to deliver velocitiy.There is a delay before the effect kicks in (you have to push the screen a little longer to get this effect)and that makes it currently only usable for aftertouch.Maybe next generation...

    Ok, thanks. I thought it did velocity in the Roli Noise, but I could easily be wrong.

  • hI Folks: One question only......

    I have an iPad 4 which is unlikely to be replaced until 2017. However, my iPhone 6 can take it. The question is, is it worth getting only for the phone?

  • @Vorgon said:
    hI Folks: One question only......

    I have an iPad 4 which is unlikely to be replaced until 2017. However, my iPhone 6 can take it. The question is, is it worth getting only for the phone?

    Yes, if you're happy to take samples from it on your phone for use in your tracks. Depends on your workflow of course.

  • @Fitz said:

    @Crabman said:

    @Fitz said:
    Is the 3D Touch just for aftertouch and not for velocity? Does any one know? If so it seems a bit of a wasted opportunity, no?

    not wasted opportunity...the 3D touch is a afaik just not able to deliver velocitiy.There is a delay before the effect kicks in (you have to push the screen a little longer to get this effect)and that makes it currently only usable for aftertouch.Maybe next generation...

    Ok, thanks. I thought it did velocity in the Roli Noise, but I could easily be wrong.

    Just checked Noise on 6s and the yellow circles (velocity) are definitely bigger or smaller depending on how hard I tap.

  • @Fitz said:

    @Fitz said:

    @Crabman said:

    @Fitz said:
    Is the 3D Touch just for aftertouch and not for velocity? Does any one know? If so it seems a bit of a wasted opportunity, no?

    not wasted opportunity...the 3D touch is a afaik just not able to deliver velocitiy.There is a delay before the effect kicks in (you have to push the screen a little longer to get this effect)and that makes it currently only usable for aftertouch.Maybe next generation...

    Ok, thanks. I thought it did velocity in the Roli Noise, but I could easily be wrong.

    Just checked Noise on 6s and the yellow circles (velocity) are definitely bigger or smaller depending on how hard I tap.

    Reacts nicely to velocity on my 6S too.

  • I had this idea (ideal) that I could use the 6s version to play the iPad Model 15 using Bluetooth....

  • edited May 2016

    Are you sure it's not something else in the roli app?It is possible to"fake"velocity,i've seen this in some (few) apps before and i'm not talking about your fingers position (top/bottom of keys),i mean something like the apps register via microphone how"loud"your tap is or the more of your finger is on the screen (which will be more the harder you tap),the more velocity...?Sorry,can't say it better in english :wink: The roli description says about 3D touch:for pressure and movement.No mention of velocity...in other words,if velocity works in the roli app it looks like it should work on devices without 3D touch as well.And in apps that are not optimized for 3D touch.

    anyway,just a wild guess or question.I have neither a device with 3D touch nor the roli app installed (maybe i'll try that later on my air 2)

  • When I try with Noise on my iPad (big pro), the yellow circles stay the same.

Sign In or Register to comment.