Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Model 15 App Released

Comments

• @jooga1972 said:

Press the on/off ipad button until you see the "turn off" slider on the screen, instead of turning off the ipad, long press the home button untill you come back to your home screen... kills all background activity (ghost apps)

Oh, that explains a lot, thanks. However, I just did this, killed all possible ghost apps, reopened AUM, then Mod.15. and CPU is up to 95 %, while it's all idle. Hmm... there's not much I can do like this I guess.

Are you restoring the previous AUM session or starting a new one after killing all ghost apps?

• edited May 2016

@MoogMusicInc said:

@jooga1972 said:

Press the on/off ipad button until you see the "turn off" slider on the screen, instead of turning off the ipad, long press the home button untill you come back to your home screen... kills all background activity (ghost apps)

Oh, that explains a lot, thanks. However, I just did this, killed all possible ghost apps, reopened AUM, then Mod.15. and CPU is up to 95 %, while it's all idle. Hmm... there's not much I can do like this I guess.

Are you restoring the previous AUM session or starting a new one after killing all ghost apps?

Always a new one.

• Okay just did the rounds on reddit and gearslutz and users are reporting good performance on mini 2

• @mireko_2 said:
    Okay just did the rounds on reddit and gearslutz and users are reporting good performance on mini 2

just tried sector and moog15 (various arpeggio presets, 4 voices) in AUM, on my ipad mini2 ios 9.3 and the cpu oscillate between 50% and 60%
    i can tell that I'm not gonna use much additional FX in that setup, but it seems workable

• Yeah I'm literally only going to be using it standalone plugged into a DAW using iconnectivity+4. Drive it from the DAW and midi keyboard. Also would like to use it with fugue but that app is pretty lightweight

• I'm half way to saving for a pro anyway, whether I'll get one though..

• I'm not into Modular either, but I had to scramble to find pennies and whatever I could to buy this awesome synth. It's so awesome to be alive in this era of portable mobile music generation!

Generation Mo!

We make music anywhere, anytime!
    :)

@soundklinik said:
    The IAPs are excellent. Very different sounding with a wide spectrum of sounds made by Pro musicians with four different minds. And the sounds are just beautiful, and tweaking and saving sound is easy into your own (created Folder).

Nothing but highest praise for this gem....

@johnfromberkeley , thanks for the manual.

• How about:

Generation Moog!!!!

We make music anywhere, anytime!

I might have to copyright that I guess :# :D o:)

• @djjuniorpops said:
    @Dham could you provide a close up image please

@djjuniorpops
    Sure! Let me try this again. I uploaded this earlier but it didn't seem to post:) This is also a link to the Youtube video where I got the idea. There is a link to the template in the video description.

• I am very happy with this synth; thank you Moog! It's high on the cpu of my iPad Air (1), but in Aum or Audiobus with a buffersize of 516, I can run Fuguemachine and Patterning and Model 15 without crackles or glitches (even when changing from one app to the other). Very inspiring musical results (mainly with the Model 15 arp-presets in this setup). Recording in Reaper on my PC via iConnectAudio4+ and using other effects there works super!

• @Nathan said:

@Dham said:

The desktop equivalent would cost at least 10 times that. High quality software developers should be rewarded for delivering game changing apps. such as this<
    >

Great that peeps are loving this, and no problem with those who view it as good value. But I'll never get this comparing the price of an IOS app with something non IOS. Surely, IOS apps should compete with their peers. For every person jumping straight in at the current price, there must be a few dozen who won't or can't take the chance.

Korg has sales and intro prices, it would be great if Moog did the same.

If the IOS version sounds as good or better than the desktop then I think it is a fair comparison. In terms of competing with IOS peers, price-wise the Model 15 is comparable. Korg's M1 sells for $29, it debuted at $19. For all we know $29 may very well be the Introductory Sale price. With Moog's proven track record the risk is extremely minimal.

• @Kenzoid said:
    Anyone know how to direct the sound to a bluetooth speaker?

It seems that bluetooth audio is turned off when Model 15 is launched. This is common with CPU intensive music apps. They don't want the additional overhead required to transmit audio over bluetooth. What will work is adding a small bluetooth transmitter to the headphone jack. This eliminates the additional processing. They go for about $20US on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ABOKRPC?psc=1

• edited May 2016

Can someone create few Moog Model 15 discussion categories?

because few hundred to thousand eyeballs just seeing this trouble shooting , pricing complain through! That is too stifled and stubborn story.

Make few categories such as:

Moog Model 15 FAQ

Moog Model 15 Patch sharing

Moog Model 15 tips and tricks

Moog Model 15 fighting club

Moog Model 15 soundcloud demo B)

U.S.A. F-15 fighter jet.... (Ya, I know, it is 80s) etc :'(

• @Nathan said:

@TGiG said:
    I made a fake Facebook years ago and it really is handy

I thought all of Facetube was fake. :p

Haha soo true

• @Nathan said:

@carol said:
    They will have a sale , I'm guessing 50% off later in the year ( I bought Animoog for 69p and got the phone version free ) but I wanted this one now.

I hope so. MoogMusicInc doesn't even want to answer as to the possibility. In the mean time, I hope you have a great time with this synth, and are still around when the fabled sale comes. Then I can join you in sonic delight.

I think you put them in a spot where no response was a good answer (strategically for them), perhaps the only one. Sales have obviously got off to a great start for this app, it's only been out ten minutes and there's still a large piece of the market that hasn't bought it yet. It would be facile for them to, today, 'say 'yeah, sale coming soon or at some point'. Will they have one, at some point, probability says yes, even we initial buyers know that, but I don't blame them for getting their discretion/valor in order right now....

• @Nathan said:
    I hope so. MoogMusicInc doesn't even want to answer as to the possibility. In the mean time, I hope you have a great time with this synth, and are still around when the fabled sale comes. Then I can join you in sonic delight.

If it were me, I wouldn't respond either. That would likely kill the revenue stream.

• @Dham said:

@Kenzoid said:
    Anyone know how to direct the sound to a bluetooth speaker?

It seems that bluetooth audio is turned off when Model 15 is launched. This is common with CPU intensive music apps. They don't want the additional overhead required to transmit audio over bluetooth. What will work is adding a small bluetooth transmitter to the headphone jack. This eliminates the additional processing. They go for about $20US on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ABOKRPC?psc=1

I don't think any app with record capabilities can output bt audio, although a hardware solution seems like a viable approach.

• @Nathan said:

have a nice day :smile:

• @Nathan

Not sure it's what you asked, but how you asked it :p The 'beneath you' bit was hmmmm.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@TGiG said:
    I made a fake Facebook years ago and it really is handy

Have you ever been on Catfish ? lol

Ha, very funny. I should've chose my words more wisely. It's a "music only" Facebook. I don't talk to anyone, just use it for promotional stuff etc

• the app is certainly selling well at this price -- in the top ten of paid apps in Germany right now, very nice to see that a premium music app is doing so well.

• edited May 2016

Hi All this is my first post here, decided to buy The Model 15 app (loving it!) and i'm trying to integrate it into Ableton Live. Ive got audio coming in fine via Studiomux but am having problems midi cc mapping my Push2's rotaries. When mapping the knob on the ipad goes from min to max but not inbetween, is this something to do with the touch sensors in the push? anyone know a workaround. thanks

• edited May 2016

@Nathan said:

@carol said:
    They will have a sale , I'm guessing 50% off later in the year ( I bought Animoog for 69p and got the phone version free ) but I wanted this one now.

It's a stunning synth , the more I play with it the more impressed I am . I've never really understood how modular synths work but even without going through the tutorials ( which I will do , eventually ) I'm managing to build my own patches . I don't mind paying full whack , the way I look at it is if there's a tenner off in six months time , then I've had six months of fun for that extra tenner I spent lol

Worth every penny , and when my bank balance has recovered I'll get the IAP's :))

• @Dham said:

@Nathan said:

@Dham said:

The desktop equivalent would cost at least 10 times that. High quality software developers should be rewarded for delivering game changing apps. such as this<
    >

Great that peeps are loving this, and no problem with those who view it as good value. But I'll never get this comparing the price of an IOS app with something non IOS. Surely, IOS apps should compete with their peers. For every person jumping straight in at the current price, there must be a few dozen who won't or can't take the chance.

Korg has sales and intro prices, it would be great if Moog did the same.

If the IOS version sounds as good or better than the desktop then I think it is a fair comparison. In terms of competing with IOS peers, price-wise the Model 15 is comparable. Korg's M1 sells for $29, it debuted at $19. For all we know $29 may very well be the Introductory Sale price. With Moog's proven track record the risk is extremely minimal.

I don’t know why any seller would offer an introductory sale price but not tell anyone that’s what it is.

It also would make no sense for Moog to announce plans now for a future sale price.

It really looks like Moog priced Model 15 to compete with their alleged peers.

Korg iMS-20, similar app, costs the same.

iM1 and Module cost the same. They were promoted as kind of a package to work with Gadget, so their intro prices may have been based on a completely different campaign.

• edited May 2016

@MoogMusicInc said:

@cl516 said:
    Hi @MoogMusicInc I know this thread is pretty hectic, but need to ask:

1. How do I touch more than one knob at a time without mapping MIDI cc?

We decided against this since it proved more important to be able to quickly put two fingers down to pan around without risking changing any knobs. Without this two finger panning, you'd have to continuously try to avoid existing controls to navigate. We'll continue to evaluate the possible gestures and who knows, maybe in the future we'll find a way to make more than one knob control work together with all the others.

1. Is there a PDF manual that we can read without loading the app?

Not yet, we're looking into this.

First thx for this great instrument!

More then one knob was one of my first thoughts...thx for the info @MoogMusicInc maybe if you hold the second knob longer then a second to catch would work maybe...

Plus the other thing is the hold of the keyboard, how can i release one of the hold keys, like in animoog double tap to release?...

• Pretty big difference with DD having been out for years whereas Model 15 just dropped.

• @funjunkie27 said:
    Pretty big difference with DD having been out for years whereas Model 15 just dropped.

Indeed, I remember DD intro price

• Me too. I bought it at $50 even, but no regrets. Of course that was a time when I was far better off financially too.

• @Nathan said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Nathan

Not sure it's what you asked, but how you asked it :p The 'beneath you' bit was hmmmm.

Really. I didn't mean it that way. More tongue-in-cheek. Having watched various demos, I find this app to be very impressive. A top quality product. But I still don't need it. I hope all those who do have a wonderful time.

Yeah that's why I use the :p most of what I say should not be taken seriously hehe

• Please, leave the price tag discussion somewhere ..please not here, ok?