Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Circuit + Launch Control XL + Modstep

Hey all, anyone else using this combo?

I have a problem.

How to reproduce:

Create a clip in Modstep to trigger Synth 1.

While the clip is playing twiddle some knobs in the Synth edit 1 page on the XL.

Every now and then I keep getting a weird note flutter / random noise. Its like a delay type sound.

It doesn't happen when I'm not using Modstep.

Can someone please test?

Comments

• You are further ahead than me. When I plug Circuit into Modstep my tempo either goes from 0 to 240 or 120 to 0 in a few seconds. I have yet to figure out a solution for that.

• I have a circuit and LaunchControl XL arriving today, I'll be getting into this later, I'll feedback anything that I find

• How is the Circuit / LaunchControl combo? Thinking of getting an LC soon, not least to control levels on my Octatrack!

• Very curious to hear how people are using the Lunchcontrol with Circuit.

• @Tarekith said:
    Very curious to hear how people are using the Lunchcontrol with Circuit.

Lunchcontrol will order my sandwiches :D

LaunchControl however I believe you can send midi from it to Circuit to access more of the controls not set up on the macro's,
    https://support.novationmusic.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207635479-Using-Launch-Control-XL-With-Circuit
    I haven't got my hands on it yet they are both sitting at home waiting for me, so cannot confirm exactly how well this works yet.

• I guess I should clarify, I'm curious what people are controlling with it outside the normal Circuit parameters. Are there templates for the unassigned stuff, or are people manually mapping things.

• @Tarekith said:
    I guess I should clarify, I'm curious what people are controlling with it outside the normal Circuit parameters. Are there templates for the unassigned stuff, or are people manually mapping things.

I believe that Novation have provided a template for it, but I could be misremembering.

From my POV, I don't have any gear with faders at all, so it would be cool to be able to fiddle with levels on my Circuit or Octatrack without being in the dedicated screen (Circuit) or selecting each track individually (Octatrack).

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@Tarekith said:
    I guess I should clarify, I'm curious what people are controlling with it outside the normal Circuit parameters. Are there templates for the unassigned stuff, or are people manually mapping things.

I believe that Novation have provided a template for it, but I could be misremembering.

From my POV, I don't have any gear with faders at all, so it would be cool to be able to fiddle with levels on my Circuit or Octatrack without being in the dedicated screen (Circuit) or selecting each track individually (Octatrack).

Yes Novation have supplied templates, not sure if it covers everything but there are mixer, synth 1 & 2 edit pages, Macro controls, I've tried it yet as I was too consumed with messing with the Circuit synced to launchpad last night :)

I am at the stage where i wanna create my own patches already so will looking into this more over next couple of days.

• Thanks!