Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Help with workflow

Would like to sample a clock ticking, and use the ticks to trigger other sounds. It would seem that I need to covert the audio of the ticks to MIDI, and then can use that to trigger or play other synths/ sounds.

Could somebody outline the basic workflow to get the MIDI? I have a sample tick recorded thru the mike.

Comments

• Do you have Auria Pro? I thought one of the features was audio to MIDI conversion using transient shaping

• Yes - have AP. Tried to use that to put the tick thru a filter, which worked while just playing back, but then couldn't figure out how to record the filtered version as a new track. This is then what I'd like to turn into the "master" midi clip. Don't know about transient shaping... Sounds a little heavy!

• I don't have AP, but I'm sure someone who does will be along soon. :smile:

• To record the filtered version, just solo the track, select File/Mixdown, in the dialog box select the type of the file as wav, select the bit depth of 32-bit and don't forget to check the "import the file as new track". Enjoy! :)

• P.S.: another way, but it will overwrite the track instead of saving the output in a new one, is to select the track, select Process and then Bounce In Place.

• Hmm - this sounds familiar - think I may have asked that question before! It is a rather non-intuitive process... MY guess would have been to send the FX track to a sub group and use that sub as the input to another channel - and record that. I have been told that is NOT what subs are for (and it doesn't work!) - but it does SEEM like it should...
    Thanks!

• This is an interesting excercise, but it seems like a lot of work when you could just set a sequencer to 60 bpm.

• @MrNezumi said:
    This is an interesting excercise, but it seems like a lot of work when you could just set a sequencer to 60 bpm.

Yeah, agreed. If the sound from your original sample is important you could edit out the individual "tick" sounds in an audio editor and sequence @ 60 bpm in a drum sampler.

• Wow! What an amazing community is here! You can ask the weirdiest question and stay assured to get useful feedback. Really I' m in awe

• Heh - this is also what happens when n00bs get ahold of software & tools which are WAY "out-of-their-depth".

• What I want to do with the clock-ticks, is to morph them (via midi) in other "sound-scapy" things....