Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Finally made some music with my iPad (kinda)

So I decided to stop buying, and start writing. Got my Air 2 plugged into an iTrack Dock, basically just using individual apps one at a time and sampling them into Reason 8 where I just arranged the samples, did some stretching, shifting, reversing, etc.

Drums: Korg Gadget
Pads: Borderlands
Bass: Thor
Record Crackle, Dialogue and Erhu: YouTube app ;)

I think for now, this is the best workflow for me. I probably could've arranged the samples the same way in something like Cubasis or Auria but, this just felt quicker!

Comments

• Oh and glitches/stutters: Sector

• edited May 2016

Cherry lost. Song of the Month Club perhaps for the next one...nice groove, especially the pad sounds and the ethnic instrument sound/sample also...

• Nice one. Cool groove and sounds. Glad you found a flow.

• outstanding!

• Thank you! Yeah I don't know why it took me this long to realise I could just use both platforms together like this. The immediacy of it was exactly what I was after. Sampling the record crackle from the beginning of an old song straight into the track, some rain from a rainy scene in a movie, a few notes of a Chinese woman playing an Erhu haha. I mean I could do all those things on my laptop but it's a whole other process. Searching, downloading, converting, importing. And then obviously stuff like Sector is just brilliant for creating top loops. Thor for bass. It's really re-assured me that all the money I've sank into the device and my apps can result in music. Can't wait to try more stuff out.

Cheers again!

• That was great! Congrats on finding a workflow that works for you. I can't wait to hear more.

Peace \/
    chisel316

• Love it. Very MoWax Headz. Quite jealous of the sounds as much as the workflow. Although I've been collecting ehru samples for the past couple of weeks that I'll have to dump now....

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Love it. Very MoWax Headz. Quite jealous of the sounds as much as the workflow. Although I've been collecting ehru samples for the past couple of weeks that I'll have to dump now....

Oh I don't know about that....we're a pretty small constituency hereabouts. Just think of it as good inspiration. Do something even better/different with them....

• Nice trancelike piece.
    My workflow is to feed what I need into AUM and export the final mix to process in Logic (Reason is fine, I use it, but Logic has Alchemy and those EQs...). This is an example of what precedes
    And now I have discovered Modstep...

• I liked it as well