Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using MIDI with Shoom

Hi all, let me ask for a bit of advice.
I tried to send MIDI informations (just notes patterns) to Shoom from Genome, without success.
I think to have set up all correctly (ch to omni, bkg sound on, etc), besides, all worked smooth with, e.g., Cassini and Magellan.
Can someone give me a hint? Have I to resort to virtual MIDI (not yet tried)?
Thank you

Comments

• Shoom does not support midi notes, only CC

• No midi notes for SHOOM, please! It is expressive synth instrument
    It takes clock, it takes modulation, but not for you to drone its azz!

• edited May 2016

Sad to know it :(
    and many thanks

• edited May 2016

@zarv said:
    and many thanks

However, there are ways to arp it beautifully.

Use WOW filter or Volcano from Auria to Shoom, let Shoom drives the filter.

The stepping LFO and envelope on frequency modulation steps of those apps can do arpeggio well. Should give them a try. That is what I did.

• MIDI note input is planned for 1.1 if I'm not mistaken.

• edited May 2016

@Kaikoo2 said:

@zarv said:
    and many thanks

The stepping LFO and envelope on frequency modulation steps of those apps can do arpeggio well. Should give them a try. That is what I did.

Great ideas. It's too bad you can't insert Launchpad as an effect. Its gate and autofilter effects would be lovely for the kinds of things you're describing @Kaikoo2

• @Kaikoo2 said:

@zarv said:
    and many thanks

Thanks, useful hints. I'll give a try. Am I wrong or this is a kind of ring modulation?

• edited May 2016

@zarv said:

@Kaikoo2 said:

@zarv said:
    and many thanks

Thanks, useful hints. I'll give a try. Am I wrong or this is a kind of ring modulation?

Oh, no, it is not based on oscillators pitch multiplication, it is just plain post modulation on frequency, then adjust LFO, envelope attack and decay time, step speed and vowel, sort of combination mix for longer rhythmical tails. Normal with delay echo plugin to make steps fast, suited for trance music.

In the middle center of WOW filter, you have 4 sources, on the bottom you have many destination targeted tools, applying amounts of modulation for target.

Newer users have no time to get a hand on WOW is because they are not familiar with mod source and target arrangement on WOW. Once double tap opened, the source is in the middle for assignment, target circle all on bottom, the rests of are more easier to change the frequency of sounds.

See photo for 4 sources on that tiny square window

E.g. The red circle button has negative amount of LFO apply how much of this source for bottom part of LFO destination.

Cheers

• @iamspoon said:
    MIDI note input is planned for 1.1 if I'm not mistaken.

really hope that's true, would love to sequence this apps 3 synths :)