Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Particular Apps don't like each other in AB (list)

We know it's difficult for all devs to monitor all apps and their behavior with each other when connected in Audiobus.
So I thought it could be helpful if we point them out when something wrong happens with a particular combination of apps.
Maybe a list, so they can be checked and fixed... Just an idea.

As I could take notice, at this moment:

• Grain Science cannot be recorded in Auria
  • PixiTracker "1bit" cannot be recorded in WerkBench (but there's no problem with the other app, PixiTracker)

Comments

• SessionBand apps cannot record into Auria.

• Turnado doesn't seem capable of using external audio (live) while in the input slot of Audiobus.

• Addictive Synth stutters in Audiobus if you have any delay effect on. (I know not a conflict with other apps, but a general problem with Audiobus.)

• Beatmaker 2 picks up the S/PDIF input of a Focusrite 18i6 as external audio input to Filters #1 when it is in the Input slot. That's channels 9 and 10, not the default Stereo source which is Channels 1 and 2. Possibly just a BM2 bug, may happen when not in AB too (will check over the weekend). I use S/PDIF to get Mac audio in to Auria.

• I'm struggling to drive nave with StepPolyArp,every time I select it from SPA it crashes 100% when both are in Audiobus input and got them to work once without audio bus.

• @Multitouch Nave, SPA and AB play nicely together here. Maybe you have a CC set that Nave has mapped to some unexpected control. Just ran a quick test with a couple of SPA and Nave presets with no issues.

• Thanks for checking @TedBPhx. I'm using an Ipad 4 latest OS,I've cold rebooted it and checked
    Nave with Chordion,Beatmaker 2,Mobile music sequencer,Soundprism pro,Synth arp and drum pad and Thumbjam and they all work fine together,if I load StepPolyArp and play the internal sound it's fine but then when I select Nave as midi out Nave crashes and vanishes from the midi out list. I only discovered it because I was using SPA with Thor then wanted to try the same arp patten with Nave,I'm not that disappointed though I think I might have a work around if I use FreEWI to patch both apps.

• Nave has problems with virtual midi. I can't get it to learn midi cc from Lemur or Midi Studio without crashing.

• Right I've sorted sorted this now I have to make sure SPA is selected in Naves midi in list before I run the arp in SPA sorry for any misleading info.

• edited June 2013

Some more tests...

iVoxel cannot be monitored in Yellofier or WerkBench, it can be recorded though.

• I have the most problems with MiniMapper in the input on my device (iPhone 5, ios 6.1.4). Seems that MiniMapper don't "like" some other apps and it stops working after some time.

• After the last update, iVoxel is working ok now, it can be monitored and recorded in Yellofier and WerkBench with no problems. :)

• edited June 2013

Galaxyexplorer: Have you enabled "audio mix" in MiniMappers settings?

Just as a side note for anyone having problems with the PPG apps..All three PPG apps have the "audio mix" option off by default and won't work correctly together with other apps until that's switched on..