Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anybody using Line6 Amplifi with an iPad looping app?

I have the Amplifi 75, which is a great iOS-powered modeling amp / Bluetooth-enabled speaker. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a built-in looper.

It does have USB output allowing the device to serve as a USB music interface. Has anybody had luck using Loopy, etc. connected (in) via USB and (out) via Bluetooth?

Comments

• I tried this out tonight. SUCCESS.

In case anybody does have an Amplifi, it is trivially easy to connect it to the iPad via USB + CCK and use Loopy as the missing looper.

• The USB on the Amplifi is bi-directional? So I can plug my guitar into the amp, connect via CCK, run the signal through AudioBus, and get the sound back through the amp using USB and not Bluetooth? No/minimal latency?

• @TedBPhx said:
    The USB on the Amplifi is bi-directional? So I can plug my guitar into the amp, connect via CCK, run the signal through AudioBus, and get the sound back through the amp using USB and not Bluetooth? No/minimal latency?

Great suggestion, and one which I hadn't thought of. I just checked, and playback through the Amplifi works fine with USB only, Bluetooth turned off. Nice! I didn't notice latency. That leaves the Bluetooth connection for another audio source.

• edited April 2016

@TedBPhx said:
    Sold!

Assuming you have the Amplifi, have you discovered how to control the presets / effects with MIDI, e.g. a Blueboard? I don't think it's possible (one may need to buy one of their floor pedals and control the amp, not the Amplifi Remote app) but all the other amp sims can do it, I wish Line6 would too.

• Give me a week or so. My guess is Line 6 very much wants to sell their, expensive, pedal.

• This may be a new thread related to the Amplifi. But, I was wondering what I should do to get my Mac (El Capitan OS) to recognize the Amplifi 75 via USB? I have the latest firmware loaded on the Amplifi. Tried several different and new cables and different USB ports on the Mac. No go! Any suggestions?
    Jimmy

• I wish I could help, but I have a PC.