Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

synthQ 1.045

Hi everyone! The latest update to synthQ was just released. This version adds an IAA/Audiobus effects port, a new vocoder module, and a matrix grid keyboard mode. Check it out!

Next on the roadmap is a sequencer/arpeggiator. If you have any comments or suggestions, please put them in this thread!

Thanks!

Comments

• Cool, downloading now. Would be cool to have AU support fer this. :)

• @High5denied said:
    Cool, downloading now. Would be cool to have AU support fer this. :)

+1 for AU. And Ableton LINK when you have an arpeggiator/sequencer.

• Vocoder mode?! Can't wait to try this after work!

• @gburks said:

@High5denied said:

+1

• It's a real good synth for fat electro or dubstep Stuff ! The gross Guy and french robot presets are handsome.I know it s an overdrived and distorsion synth but is it possible to have more clean presets ? Are there any scales or chords pads i can't find Them.Keep up the good work ✌

• @gburks said:

@High5denied said:

an AU/VST plugin is something I'm looking it to but it will not likely be finished until further down the road. I just got access to the LINK SDK so I am going to integrate it right away for the sequencer/arp.

• @grego68 said:
    It's a real good synth for fat electro or dubstep Stuff ! The gross Guy and french robot presets are handsome.I know it s an overdrived and distorsion synth but is it possible to have more clean presets ? Are there any scales or chords pads i can't find Them.Keep up the good work ✌

Thank you! The preset library is a bit disorganized right now, I have gotten a lot of good clean sounds from other users that I will probably add to the next update. I also want to make a tag based system so you can easily find sounds with tags such as #clean #pad #airy etc.

By the way if you make any cool sounds, be sure to send them my way, I will include them in an update!

• great stuff Mister Bill. good update and pleased to hear about more presets AND tagging....

• Incredible synth! Love the keyboard layout. Makes me do weird things.

• Another useful update — thank you!

• Thanks for the update! :-)

• On sale right now:

$2,99 from $4,99

http://audiob.us/get/849/synth-Q

• edited May 2016

Ok, jump in! You guys favoring the developer! Thank you all!

And developer works hard to improving it. Must give it a lifting.

• At $2.99 for this one, you are actually losing money if you don't buy it.... :)

• If anyone's curious about what the vocoder sounds like when in IAA effects mode — I'm adding a few short demos to a playlist here:

• Thanks for sharing, @billjobs_in_space. Great stuff!

• edited May 2016

As of this update, if you aren't buying this synth ($2.99!), wrathful deities are actually reaching into your wallet and stealing your cash

• Ha, this was already being discussed. I must've skimmed past it without noticing and it subliminally caused me to buy it 2 days later. ;)

• @billjobs_in_space said:
    If anyone's curious about what the vocoder sounds like …

May I ask: what are the technical specs of the vocoder? Are there discrete bands, and how many? Or is it more akin to ramp/scanning or spectral analysis, in this instance? What about the voiced/unvoiced detection capabilities, to deal with fricatives and plosives and suchlike?

• The pure data patch I'm using for the vocoder is pretty simple — it uses real-time fourier analysis and resynthesis, but nothing too detailed like what you mentioned.

• Ah, that’s interesting. The next step is to parametrically slow-down/speed-up/pitch-shift the resynthesis with respect to the analysis, I suppose.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    At $2.99 for this one, you are actually losing money if you don't buy it.... :)

@Littlewoodg said:
    As of this update, if you aren't buying this synth ($2.99!), wrathful deities are actually reaching into your wallet and stealing your cash

Other than being 100% true, also 100% damn funny. lol......