Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ModStep and iElectribe...tutorial!

The features in MS are so amazing that I thought I start a new thread just on modulation.
In MS insert iElectribe on a track.
Enable MIDI out to Electribe (ET) for short. And set to channel 10.

Select a kit on ET and CLEAR the pattern.
Open drum editor on the track find the notes on pads : c,d,e,f,f#,a#,c#3,d#. 36,38,40,41,42,46,49,39.
Make your pattern and go into "patterns", then push EDIT and copy paste the pattern on all 16 pads.
This is a tutorial, to show you results of modulation.

Now open page with the plug icon, looks like a resistor with 2 wires out.
Push on AUTO FILL.
And all CCs appear. Now click on record icon and HIGHLIGHT CC#8 and start moving it....WOW the sound changes as the sequencer progresses through the 16 bars....and you should see a bar being recorded just above

Most Korg apps have extensive CC list and it is sooooo easy to do it in MS it's fantastic...all on same page, click on Cc record , listen....
Ok got to go fix lunch.
Sorry, I know it's basically noob stuff but hopefully someone find it useful.

Comments

• edited April 2016

Here's the one with mod.CCs

Thank you @jbvdb for the hint on renaming the pads. Since there are 8, I doubled them up

• Soundklinik, thanks! why a ? in the title (;

• edited April 2016

Well, you know to me, tutorials are of much higher caliber than my little discoveries as we all plod through the vast sea of confusion....but I corrected it.
    Thanks for looking

I don't have the link to all the CCs for for Electribe, iMS 20 and others maybe even iDS 10?
    Got them printed out....

• edited April 2016

@soundklinik if you've mapped all relevant cc's, would you like to share the template?

• Great, we can help each other on Modstep, thank you Soundklinik for tut!

• Thanks a lot @soundklinik ! Btw, you can find the MIDI implementation for iElectribe here: http://www.korguser.net/ielectribe/en/midi.html And yes, we will add it as a Template in one of the next updates.

• A question, please: the note numbers; could they be re-arranged on the pads? Thanks.

• @crzycrs said:
    @soundklinik if you've mapped all relevant cc's, would you like to share the template?

Share the template with the modstep team and I'm sure they will include in furtue updates

BTW there are already templates for iMS-20 and iPolySix

One for iM1 would be cool if anyone fancies doing it ?

• @Nerk_ said:
    Thanks a lot @soundklinik ! Btw, you can find the MIDI implementation for iElectribe here: http://www.korguser.net/ielectribe/en/midi.html And yes, we will add it as a Template in one of the next updates.

By the way, would it be possible to submit some maps to you directly? You already covered all the apps with standard CCs? It would be something I would enjoy to do.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@crzycrs said:

Share the template with the modstep team and I'm sure they will include in furtue updates

BTW there are already templates for iMS-20 and iPolySix

One for iM1 would be cool if anyone fancies doing it ?

No iM1 here nor a intention to get it soon

• @mschenkel.it : Sure! We would love to get templates from everybody, just attach them to an email and send them to info (at) modstep.net! We are also thinking about a way to make sharing of templates easier, but this might still take a while.

• edited April 2016

@crzycrs said:
    A question, please: the note numbers; could they be re-arranged on the pads? Thanks.

YES THEY CAN.

Notes are fixed in iElectribe, But they can be changed and named and note assigned in ModStep.
    Very ingenious. And simple once you know how . Thanks @jbvdb

I have the MIDI implementation chart in my hand, look up a number activate it and record....FUN...stays recorded in a clip...
    This was so complicated in Pro Midi and Genome. So easy in MS.

Honestly, this is one of the most exciting, fun apps I got.

• edited April 2016

I only have iPhone version iElectribe on iPad.

• @Nerk_ said:
    Thanks a lot @soundklinik ! Btw, you can find the MIDI implementation for iElectribe here: http://www.korguser.net/ielectribe/en/midi.html And yes, we will add it as a Template in one of the next updates.

Very useful! Thanks...

It would be amazing if you would you also be able to make CC templates for the default CC settings for the different gadgets in Korg Gadget?

The CCs are attached...

• @crzycrs said:
    A question, please: the note numbers; could they be re-arranged on the pads? Thanks.

Yes you can, I scratched my head about this for a bit but it's simple

Go to the icon that looks like a box with lines coming in and out of it
    On the left there are 3 circles one says ccs, chords and the last one is pads
    Press pad and below you can the rename each pads, select the octave, note and channel of each pad
    Once I went through that I set the bottom 8 pads as I wanted them for ielectribe

• @jbvdb bravo, thanks (:

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@Nerk_ said:

Very useful! Thanks...

It would be amazing if you would you also be able to make CC templates for the default CC settings for the different gadgets in Korg Gadget?

The CCs are attached...

Thank you Matt_

@Nerk_ thank you too

• That is a lot of work for Mod developer to fill the space

• edited April 2016

@Nerk_
    Something that would be a useful addition to the CC editor is the ability to have step CC's so that the values change in steps rather than moving through all values in between.

An example for this would be a synth where the waveshape was CC controlled (like some of those in Gadget are) and the CC values were 0 = Sine, 10 = Saw, 20 = Triangle, 30 = Pulse, you see what I mean. This could be done by adding a step parameter to the CC Setup.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@Nerk_ said:

Very useful! Thanks...

The CCs are attached...

Starting right now

• @jbvdb said:

@crzycrs said:

Yes you can, I scratched my head about this for a bit but it's simple

Go to the icon that looks like a box with lines coming in and out of it
    On the left there are 3 circles one says ccs, chords and the last one is pads
    Press pad and below you can the rename each pads, select the octave, note and channel of each pad
    Once I went through that I set the bottom 8 pads as I wanted them for ielectribe

• So. Berlin is done but can't figure out How to export the map besides punching export, naming it. Then nothing happens. Is that I need to access iTunes?

• edited April 2016

@mschenkel.it said:
    So. Berlin is done but can't figure out How to export the map besides punching export, naming it. Then nothing happens. Is that I need to access iTunes?

Yes! Itune!

That is why I pleading Modstep @Nerk_ to have Dropbox or Audioshare or any export/import access without doing in itunes! Too much trouble for sharing and safe storage of your own sets.

• This means I'll be doing the maps but you'll have to wait until I upgrade OS then:)

• @mschenkel.it : you can save it as a template using "save as" and then access it with itunes filesharing. And yes, we are looking into making it a bit more accessible ;)

• edited April 2016

@Nerk_ said:
    @mschenkel.it : you can save it as a template using "save as" and then access it with itunes filesharing. And yes, we are looking into making it a bit more accessible ;)

@Nerk_ , Thank you.

One question:

If a pad made with iElectribe, I do a CC template under that named pad of saved pad template, will these 2 in 1 template (one for cc and one for pad notes number) be saved and export/import together?

• @Kaikoo2 said:

@Nerk_ said:
    @mschenkel.it : you can save it as a template using "save as" and then access it with itunes filesharing. And yes, we are looking into making it a bit more accessible ;)

@Nerk_ , Thank you.

One question:

If a pad made with iElectribe, I do a CC template under that named pad of saved pad template, will these 2 in 1 template (one for cc and one for pad notes number) be saved and export/import together?

I was wondering this. If I export from the CC's screen I get a file with a midi icon, if I export from Chords I get a file with a musical notes icon.

• @Kaikoo2 : a template consists of pads, chords and ccs saved together in one file. Using export and import, you can also save these three elements separately and import them seperately into another template.

• See! Thank you

• will probably try and make gadget templates myself.
    starting with chicago.