Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Magellan audiobus update live!

It's out! Been excited for this one.

Comments

• There goes productivity for the evening...

• edited December 2012

If you want to help developers, ALWAYS add a link to their app, please.

Here's the download link for Magellan: http://bit.ly/VKK8fx

The demo looks nice btw!

PS: I've moved this from feature requests to the general category. I hope you don't mind.

• What's the easiest way to post a link to an app from my ipad Sebastion?

• Holy wow. That is quite the update. Way to go Yonac!

• Great synth this one

• Here's how to get to the link of an app: http://imgur.com/FUTpO

• that video barely scratches the surface for the update. MIDI Bank/Program change is a big deal for me. Now to see if Genome supports them... What a month for ios music.

• Hehe, yeah. I always catch myself wanting to say "SOOOO many new toys!" but then these apps aren't toys anymore...

• Don't have Magellan mini on your iPad at the same time or Audiobus automatically launches that when you go back in. (I'd bought it because it was cheap for when I upgrade my iPhone)

• This is brilliant. In just its first week, Audiobus has got better and better and better. If the Animoog update goes live before the New Year (hope they've bloody optimised that app some more!), I'll be in total synth heaven.

• Jingle bells jingle bells ....

• The touch sensitive velocity is awesome and the midi mapping, oh boy :)

• well i REALLY hope Auria and Beatmaker deliver audiobus support SOON.It just hurts to see the updates popping out of my screen nearly every day but i still can't integrate it into my workflow :)

• Don't worry they will :) now that Steinberg entered the zone, probably the sooner. I know its tough for developpers but for us consumers it is just superb. So many choices.

• @crabman,

I hear you ref Auria and Beatmaker support as these really do feel like the 'missing link' so far with regards to Audiobus workflow. The reality I've found so far is that the only way to guarantee that everything stays in sync when recording (into either Multitrack DAW or Loopy HD) is to use a single application for all your sequencing needs. At the moment I'm using Genome for this purpose but Beatmaker will provide a far better option as long as they've sorted out the stability of their midi clock.

Back to Magellan though, definitely one of the IOS synth highlights so far - just waiting on Animoog and PPG Wavegenerator to complete my current Audiobus synth wish list!

jm

http://soundcloud.com/leftside-wobble

• Yep, just a matter of time. The best that happen to the community since Virtual MIDI, glad to be part of it!

Best Advent Calendar I've ever had! :-D

• I am trying to see if it is possible to use magellan sequencer start stop to drive the sequencer in ipolysix/ims20. In thoery you can assign the magellan on off sequence controller to the 111 midi cc value that according to korg is the sequencer start stop for their synths. I am trying to get In touch with Yonac to see if the magellan synth sequencer on off is transmitting the cc value but they seems to have only twitter and facebook no forum. So if you guys have someother contact for them then great.

I also am wondering why there is no play control in audiobus for magellan ie so you can start/stop the sequencer in magellan from another app. Another feature request I guess.

I am guessing that audiobus has a set of standard transport controls that an app can assign in their implementation of audiobus?

Thoughts please.

• @tigdmb just tried inspecting magellan's MIDI output with MIDI Vision and didn't see anything on sequence start/stop.

• Hi thanks saved me the job. -might try setting up touchosc to send.

Sebastian, any thoughts on the other questions ? Seems like we need some equivalent to midi machine control standard across ab apps.

Also anyone got a way to pass onto Yonac to request this (send midi cc when the seq on off is used) ( I dont really do tweetbook)