Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mapping tonal harmony pro ?

Hi ,

First, thank your for this really helpful forum ,i read it every day to make a choice of synth (i love TF7,Animoog,Thor,Magellan), effects (Turnado,Dfx, Apefilter)or daw (MTS is a gem) and the people here have a great knowledge and i never be wrong buying someone recommandantion.I was reading yesterday the post "Good Apps For Experimenting with Chord Progressions" and i decide to buy suggester,chordbot and Mapping tonal harmony pro.Suggester is really good stuff and chordbot is for me the most complete.
In this post someone talked about Mapping tonal harmony pro as the king of the best application for music theory and chord progression.So i bought it today and i never was so disapointed with an app on the appstore.This app is a joke or a scam.The UI is really nonsense, the audio analyze processus crash the app and the ipad air.We must log with username to access to a big song library but the reality is there is a little song and without itunes we can't do anything.Export options and midi are bad.I feel like i lost 12 euros (by the way im french, sorry for the grammar and poor vocabulary). I hoped to find a great composition tool (something like rapidcomposer or cthulu on desktop) and i have the worst thing i bought since i got the ipad.
Ok i just began with MTHP, perhaps im missing something and need to watch tutorials and learn more but the few i saw is that is very buggy and worst than Chordbot or Suggester.
I hope I am wrong and that a user can help me to see anything but a scam.What is wrong with me ?

Comments

• Mtph is supposed to be a compendium and a study tool with some very little production thing actually. The best thing you can do with it in my opinion is to disable all the filters and try to use your eyes to navigate the map to create interesting chord progressions with some explanation of the cadences.

• I bought it mostly for the audio analysis option, thinking it was like Riffstation or Capo and that it can convert Mp3 in midi files with all the chords .I was even wishing doing remixes of a song with differents variations of chords.The reality is that i can't analyze the songs i bought on Itunes for the moment(i suppose i must enter the chords manually).We can't even not arpeggiate the chords (like in Suggester or chordmapmidi or in Notion), and the bass and drums companions are ridiculous vs all the chordbot options and soundfont sounds.
    I thought MTHP could auto-adapt chords to some melody or phrase i play live in other synth but here too i can't.
    And for the teaching and music theory, Suggester is even better and simpler in my opinion.
    I thought this app was a revolution for composing but in fact even Memo Musical (i don't know the US name but this is the last app of Apple) or Youcompose are better than this.
    First time i am disappointed like that with a overrated and so-called "Killer App". >:)

• Agreed with @mschenkel.it ....more of a study tool, and it's very good for that purpose. I suggest taking a look at some of the dev's YT videos to understand the intent. It might not be what you're looking for, but it's far from a scam of any sort.

• I tried to read the manual and watch some tuto on YouTube but it doesnt help me much more.The facts are that some announced fonctions doesnt work at all and the app is crashing everytime.If this app is just a circle of fifth there are plenty of freeware on the store but for 12 euros i would wish something less buggy and fonctionnal.Im not the kind of user who is mad for nothing, i have more than one hundred apps which sometimes are not perfect ( for example modstep or music iO disapoint me first but after the last update they are very powerfull app).I.ve just sent an email to the dev,hoping there will be a major update or good support.Wait and see...

• edited April 2016

Way more than a circle of fifths. This app gives a lot of insight into how to harmonize chords. It does require an investment in time to fully digest...I'm still a long way away from that. I've seen some minor bugs, but nothing that caused any regret, however I was looking for something along the line of what it offers. I have several hundred apps, and I know how it feels when you get a lemon, but this isn't one of them for me. If you want to learn theory, this is a great app, otherwise you might want to consider a refund.

• ^ and midi out to Thumbjam. I'm thinking of it like a fine globe in an old library, where one can imagine.

• Lol

I donno how many users have download this old Mapping but it has some good users and pro review specially in 2012 and 2013 when the app was released.But now with new applications like Capo, Suggester, Klimper or Ezcomposer this fine globe should be dusted or stored and hide in the basement or in the attic .I think it's my fault
    i was wrong to buy it, especially having already suggester and chordbot. I spend too much time to search and reading review on the appstore. I should more play music, record and share than testing applications>!

__ “All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume.”
    ― Noam Chomsky_
    _
    “Are these things really better than the things I already have? Or am I just trained to be dissatisfied with what I have now?”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Lullaby__

• Yes, like this. And the maps are yours now (;

• Yes i tried this midi with others synths but nothing really deep.And the export midi is limited to 3 tracks via dropbox (thanks i got it).My biggest deception is the oversold function called audio harmony analysis that allows you to analyze a lot of songs (public but there are only 8 ) and the songs you bought in the itunes.I spent my afternoon on this and cant recreate any progression or midi file.With Capo you do this in 10 seconds and you have no problem of DRM ,copyrights or itunes only bought songs.Even with Itunes bought songs i can't do the process. The User interface is a real mess who ends sadly with a crash. Appstore is really big ,so sometimes we can do some mistakes.
    Thank you all for yours answers, bedtime here in Europe. See you

• @grego68 said:
    Yes i tried this midi with others synths but nothing really deep.And the export midi is limited to 3 tracks via dropbox (thanks i got it).My biggest deception is the oversold function called audio harmony analysis that allows you to analyze a lot of songs (public but there are only 8 ) and the songs you bought in the itunes.I spent my afternoon on this and cant recreate any progression or midi file.With Capo you do this in 10 seconds and you have no problem of DRM ,copyrights or itunes only bought songs.Even with Itunes bought songs i can't do the process. The User interface is a real mess who ends sadly with a crash. Appstore is really big ,so sometimes we can do some mistakes.
    Thank you all for yours answers, bedtime here in Europe. See you

Hi there how did you get this working? Love the app but can't get it output at all!

• You can setup your chord progressions and EXPORT midi. I took 5 secs and I don’t see a midi out.

• It’s like an old fine interactive book in the library.

I find it a useful for study

• Could any user of Tonal mapping harmony pro on IPad kindly let me know about the style section of the app please ie, how much choice of style template is there, are you able to edit and combine parts for user patterns, are you able to download more style packs? Any advice much appreciated.

• @Maestro01 said:
    Could any user of Tonal mapping harmony pro on IPad kindly let me know about the style section of the app please ie, how much choice of style template is there, are you able to edit and combine parts for user patterns, are you able to download more style packs? Any advice much appreciated.

I would use IReal Pro for playback as it has more styles and just use TH for exploring the maps for reharmonising ideas

• @Maestro01 said:
    Could any user of Tonal mapping harmony pro on IPad kindly let me know about the style section of the app please ie, how much choice of style template is there, are you able to edit and combine parts for user patterns, are you able to download more style packs? Any advice much appreciated.

MTHP’s terminology is a bit different..

• There are music styles for the way the map displays the chords. These are..
      Jazz Standard, Blues, Baroque, Late Classical, Romanticism, Pop/Rock, Gospel, Contemporary, Quartal + Any.

• Then there are Grooves.. which I think is what you’re after..
      You can check the list of available grooves from the (desktop version) video below (around @7:24) or in the spoiler.. There’s also a Jazz Waltz style when the song is in 3/4 time..

• Next would be the Voicings Players (A.I. musicians).. this is where you can tweak the voicings, instruments + touch of the chosen player.. lots of power here.. You can really change the sound + feel of a tune by swapping out a new Groove + also changing up the Player..

At the moment, I don’t think you can start a song in one groove style + then change midway through.. (start out in a swing + end up in a bossa style etc..) that would be sweet.. the ability to change grooves at any given section of the song..
    You could export a complete play along track OR only the voicings track and then combine different versions into your own thing using your favourite DAW or midi editor.. it also has midi out capabilities which I haven’t really explored.. yet.. 😁

User patterns would be comparable to a version of a tune with all your tweaks included.. groove, tempo, voicings player, mix, chart (map) settings etc.. saving many versions of the same tune with different settings..

As for extra styles (grooves).. there aren’t any extra packs to download.. it’s all baked into the app..

Hope that helps a bit.. it’s a powerful app.. 👍 Version 8 added a ton of stuff.. I’m still exploring it all myself..

• I have tried to understand this app many times over the years. I get frustrated, ignore it for awhile, then take another peek months or years later. It started to make sense a few years ago, but the most recent incarnation is far more inscrutable.

So it's not for me. Yet.

Joe

• My take is MTHP sounds better and has way more features than iRealPro does, but it's nowhere near as easy to use as iRealPro. The user interface is terrible.

• Yeah every now and then I get inspired and decide to try and learn it, and usually get frustrated. I have a pretty solid understanding of Jazz harmony and reharmonization so it's not that.