Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Metronome Routing

Does anybody know how to route a metronome to only the headphones? I'm looking for any app that allows for this and also can receive the clock from loopy. I suppose it'd also have to have MIDI learn for toggle metro on/off. Does this make sense? I just need a way to have a metro that is only in my headphones and is synced with loopy. I think it's a pretty common need for people who use Audiobus and other apps live, but I haven't found much support on this.

Thanks!!

Comments

• I don't know if there is one. Not many apps allow you to address individual outputs. The next version of Auria will have MIDI sync and it does allow you to address individual outputs but I don't know if you can use a USB device and the headphone output on the iPad at the same time.

Hopefully someone here knows one but if not, a few alternatives:
    1. Do the pan trick. Metronome (loop, not Loopy's metronome) in Loopy panned left. Output to PA only uses the right channel via splitter. All loops are panned center so both you and your audience can hear them.
    2. Sync an external device and monitor that. That could be another ios device via wifi MIDI (midi bridge is your friend here) or a hardware device like a drum machine via wired MIDI.
    3. If you have two ios devices, you may be able to find an app that supports both MIDI and WIST sync simultaneously (dm1? molten?). Sync it via Virtual MIDI to Loopy and then sync if via WIST to the second device. Monitor the second device.

• Thank you so much! I really appreciate all of the ideas. I've been looking for information on this for awhile, so it's a HUGE help!