Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Infinite Looper, now on the bus

12346»

Comments

• Awesome!!!!

• If I could make a suggestion: getting rid or giving the option to remove the flip animation when switching panel (keyboard/chords/mixer etc). I never use garageband for this reason. I just don't understand the point, it's slower, takes cpu ressource, it's annoying, very annoying and useless, imho.

• edited April 2016

@SecretBaseDesign Small thing (perhaps), but the IAA inserter thingie lists many apps by Company (not always) and thus when looking to insert Z3TA I at first thought NOT HERE! and then scrolled backwards from Z (yes, too many apps, my fault) until I came to Cakewalk which is where Z3TA is (and it works nicely, thank you, although I wish it's state/patch was remembered when reloading...). Would be simpler/quicker if apps were listed by name alone...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @SecretBaseDesign Small thing (perhaps), but the IAA inserter thingie lists many apps by Company (not always) and thus when looking to insert Z3TA I at first thought NOT HERE! and then scrolled backwards from Z (yes, too many apps, my fault) until I came to Cakewalk which is where Z3TA is (and it works nicely, thank you, although I wish it's state/patch was remembered when reloading...). Would be simpler/quicker if apps were listed by name alone...

A lot of apps suddenly starting doing this, I was wondering if it was something internal to IAA that was rigging it up that way

• @rhcball said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

A lot of apps suddenly starting doing this, I was wondering if it was something internal to IAA that was rigging it up that way

Well, I like how AUM allows you to choose 'Company', 'Name' or 'Last Used', but I'm afraid the single option in IL doesn't give me Full Joy, especially as I don't actually know/remember the corporate name/owner of some apps...

• I'll probably add a recently used/favorites option to the IAA stuff in an upcoming version. And I can toggle off the eye-candy spin-around thing, and probably have different UI scheming sorts of things happen, some time in the next update or two. All sorts of little tweaks on the horizon.

Right now, I'm wrapping up some videos to cover the new things in 1.1 (which is approved, and will release on Monday). Aleph Looper, the iPhone-only variant, is also approved, and will drop at the same time.

• @SecretBaseDesign said:
    I'll probably add a recently used/favorites option to the IAA stuff in an upcoming version. And I can toggle off the eye-candy spin-around thing, and probably have different UI scheming sorts of things happen, some time in the next update or two. All sorts of little tweaks on the horizon.

Right now, I'm wrapping up some videos to cover the new things in 1.1 (which is approved, and will release on Monday). Aleph Looper, the iPhone-only variant, is also approved, and will drop at the same time.

Brilliant. Stay wrapped up. Was noodling something this morning that, while not perfect (user crapness), made me stop and think not sure I would have got this result on any other thing...

• My iPhone has been missing something like this. Can't wait to see where it goes.

Is it possible to extend the length of a loop after you have already recorded midi into it?

• @Sonicflux said:
    My iPhone has been missing something like this. Can't wait to see where it goes.

Is it possible to extend the length of a loop after you have already recorded midi into it?

Currently, the length of a loop in measures is set when a note is recorded into it -- if the loop is blank, it gets the length indicated by the loop-length-selector-thingie when a note is added. I'll be adding some cut-and-paste features, and loop length adjustment stuff, in an update.

• edited May 2016

@SecretBaseDesign said:

@Sonicflux said:
    My iPhone has been missing something like this. Can't wait to see where it goes.

Currently, the length of a loop in measures is set when a note is recorded into it -- if the loop is blank, it gets the length indicated by the loop-length-selector-thingie when a note is added. I'll be adding some cut-and-paste features, and loop length adjustment stuff, in an update.

HUZZAH! Etc.

Of course, feed the pigs and all they do is snuffle at your pockets for yet more (it's what we do, it's why we're pigs).

In all the talk of 'samey-ness' and post-quantized mechanistic repetition (well, around my breakfast table), I am finding IL a place where far more funky and unexpected things can and do happen.

HOWEVER, the more I use it the more the piano roll's facility as regards starting point (too high), playhead lack (not enough) and moving aroundness (not so much), seems more and more outdated (for want of a better word) in comparison to the rest of the object.

The ability to layer the funk is (to me) is the secret sauce here and what leads to so much HAM and cool rhythms etc., but contingent on that is the need to go in and edit a little here and there which while doable is quite, well, almost difficult.

I know, you know this already....But the better it is the more we want it vicar :)

• hello,
    can this do 'traditional' MIDI sync in/out? (not link)
    (wanting to slave app including start/stop via MIDI clock from DAW and send clock to external gear)
    yours sincerely,
    luddite.

• hello,
    can this do 'traditional' MIDI sync in/out? (not link)
    (wanting to slave app including start/stop via MIDI clock from DAW and send clock to external gear)
    yours sincerely,
    luddite.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@SecretBaseDesign said:

@Sonicflux said:

HUZZAH! Etc.

Of course, feed the pigs and all they do is snuffle at your pockets for yet more (it's what we do, it's why we're pigs).

In all the talk of 'samey-ness' and post-quantized mechanistic repetition (well, around my breakfast table), I am finding IL a place where far more funky and unexpected things can and do happen.

HOWEVER, the more I use it the more the piano roll's facility as regards starting point (too high), playhead lack (not enough) and moving aroundness (not so much), seems more and more outdated (for want of a better word) in comparison to the rest of the object.

The ability to layer the funk is (to me) is the secret sauce here and what leads to so much HAM and cool rhythms etc., but contingent on that is the need to go in and edit a little here and there which while doable is quite, well, almost difficult.

I know, you know this already....But the better it is the more we want it vicar :)

Hi @SecretBaseDesign. Just bought the app (iPhone one) and started playing. I like it.

It's what the iPhone has been crying out for IMO (quick simply midi sequencer). But I agree with Johnny about the piano roll. It does need some love I think.

Could I suggest:

• ability to zoom out on the piano roll (essential to see what you're doing over 8 or so bars)
    • ability to restrict (lock) the piano roll to just a given key/scale (just like you can with the keyboard)
    • Ability to adjust number of measures after notes are in there
    • ability to copy and paste loops (OK, that's not inside the piano roll I know)

It could do with lots of other nice things too (CCs etc). But just for bread and butter basic use the above three are pretty essential I'd say (and feature as standard in Auxy, ModStep, Gadget etc for good reason).

Would be great if you could consider them :).

Matt

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Hi @SecretBaseDesign. Just bought the app (iPhone one) and started playing. I like it.

It's what the iPhone has been crying out for IMO (quick simply midi sequencer). But I agree with Johnny about the piano roll. It does need some love I think.

Could I suggest:

• ability to zoom out on the piano roll (essential to see what you're doing over 8 or so bars)
    • ability to restrict (lock) the piano roll to just a given key/scale (just like you can with the keyboard)

It could do with lots of other nice things too (CCs etc). But just for bread and butter basic use the above three are pretty essential I'd say (and feature as standard in Auxy, ModStep, Gadget etc for good reason).

Would be great if you could consider them :).

Matt

Yup yup yup -- piano roll improvements are on the agenda, hopefully done in the next month or so. Lots of coffee drinking, lots of coding, many things happening at the 'base. And the features that no one has asked for -- those are the ones I think you'll really like! ;-)

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

Could I suggest:

Yes, these would be great. So would ability to record cc's (already mentioned elsewhere).

I would like to be able start and/or record from anywhere in a loop rather than just the start.

That said, I'm really enjoying this app the way it is. Thanks SBD!

@SecretBaseDesign said:

And the features that no one has asked for -- those are the ones I think you'll really like! ;-)

Makes me a tad nervous. ;)

• Can't wait...me need more coffee

• I would love for there to be a triplet mode in the piano roll, also, pretty please!

• Also, I couldn't find the ability to add Swing to the tempo...

More coffee!!!

• I'm in Southern Spain currently and the coffee is very good as are the endless baked goods. I think I might need to send you a care parcel :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I'm in Southern Spain currently and the coffee is very good as are the endless baked goods. I think I might need to send you a care parcel :)

Please be careful Johnny.....or not! I was in Barcelona last week. Fancied a coffee & cake in this inviting, chilled place & walked into a coffee shop Amsterdam style! Coffee was gorgeous but the muffin nailed me to the seat for the day! :wink:

• @Bluepunk said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I'm in Southern Spain currently and the coffee is very good as are the endless baked goods. I think I might need to send you a care parcel :)

Please be careful Johnny.....or not! I was in Barcelona last week. Fancied a coffee & cake in this inviting, chilled place & walked into a coffee shop Amsterdam style! Coffee was gorgeous but the muffin nailed me to the seat for the day! :wink:

Y'all are making me hungry!

• Hello to Infinity looper users,

I just bought the app, but I think I made a mistake and should have asked beforehand :

Does infinity looper can record&loop midi cc ?

Thanks !

• edited August 2018

Yup, it does. Tap the gear icon, and then switch over to the automation tab of the dialog, and toggle on "record CC automation." It's turned off by default.

There's also a button there to clear any automation on the currently recording loop.

In the piano roll, you can edit automation for a loop.

• @SecretBaseDesign stop promoting your software, knowledge thereof, and MY secret weapon. ;)

• @audiblevideo said:
    @SecretBaseDesign stop promoting your software, knowledge thereof, and MY secret weapon. ;)

Heh.... you're really not going to like the update, then! (It's coming... I'm way behind schedule, and a lot of real world stuff is slowing me down, but it'll happen.)

• Just opened this app for the first time in a long time. It’s perfect for what I’m after right now

• sketching ideas before bringing them into Ableton. Great to know there’s an update coming!

Am I right in thinking it can’t host AU instruments currently? Not a dealbreaker but just wondering if I’m missing something basic.

• @handed said:
    Just opened this app for the first time in a long time. It’s perfect for what I’m after right now

• sketching ideas before bringing them into Ableton. Great to know there’s an update coming!

Am I right in thinking it can’t host AU instruments currently? Not a dealbreaker but just wondering if I’m missing something basic.

No AU in the current release; probably not a surprise that it's one of the things I'm working in.

• Of course! Looking forward, for sure :)

• @SecretBaseDesign said:

@handed said:
    Just opened this app for the first time in a long time. It’s perfect for what I’m after right now

No AU in the current release; probably not a surprise that it's one of the things I'm working in.

SENDING MORE LOVE/COFFEE DELETE AS APPLICABLE ETC.