Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lets be honest

there are quite some apps that don't work andwill never work , besides the apps that sound like shit ... it's a pitty :-(

Comments

• What's your end-game?

• I think he wants us to be honest with him...

• Ok....I honestly think the topic should have been called "Let's be negative".

• Yes I quite agree with @PieterrVos! And not just apps!! Sometimes there are stale baloney sandwiches, doors that squeak, and rocks that are too heavy to carry around safely in our heads! Obviously none of us have ever come to that realization until right now, thanks to @PieterrVos! I for one am very grateful to him for pointing out something none of us ever realized before. I know this thread is a real game changer for me!!!

• Did you try turning it OFF and ON again?

• One more bad thing I hope he just noticed: the content our these threads is turning more towards mindless rants and drivel and it might be wise to return to our polite discussion of actual specifics related to Audiobus and its applications. I remember that being part of what made this forum special.....

• Amen to that...

• Let's be hoest, there are quite a few apps that sound amazing, integrate terrifically via Audiobus, and cost less than you might pay for a snack and a drink. And with apps like Galileo and Nave, it just keeps getting better. Just my 2p worth (or your local currency equivalent).

• edited June 2013

^Mmmmm, Galileo. I love it, just sacrificed a drink and chips for it last night, wow those are some nice sounds.

...What were we talking about?

(Who has the time to gripe about bad apps when there are so many good ones to discuss?)

• In my opinion, there are plenty of synths and not enough samplers.

• edited March 2014

• edited June 2013

Wonder what dictionary he's learning his English words from. "Besides the apps that sound like s...."

• Probably Webster's Urban English.

• Pitty D Fool

• Simon: You can check his comment history by clicking on his profile. Just saying :)

• @ChrisG Agreed! My "Negativity Radar" goes off every time this guy posts around here. While English may not (and probably isn't) the OP's primary language, a brief look at his comments on this forum in their context of the conversations they are found in, will show that negativity seems to be the rule, rather than the exception. I'm pretty sure that even a rudimentary Google translation can come across in a more positive way.

I want the OP to stay and feel welcome! I have no bad feelings toward him either. I'm just saying.........

• It's okay, I can work with the title of his thread.

Let's be honest...

I feel like the biggest fanboy of Apple idevices, especially since the release of AB.
    It seems all I do is tell everyone I know that's an artist and/or hobbyist to get an iPad and get on the BUS.

• edited March 2014

• Maybe it's negative ; but I don't listen to pop-music , and I like/love jazz and J.S. Bach . I play an archtop guitar , and I realy HATE the sound of guitar-apps . :-) I guess you also won't get the sound of a concert Steinway out of a Rhodes .

• The only real negativity here is the replies...

• PieterrVos wrote: "I guess you also won't get the sound of a concert Steinway out of a Rhodes ."

That is very different from saying something does not work. You hate the sound of guitar apps...then don't buy them... and stop worrying about it. When I want a real guitar sound, I play real guitars. iRig HD has a very clean sound and records quite well. I also just bought Nessie (from Blue) and it has a full rich sound for picking up guitars without pickups. Both were under $100 ea. and work perfectly. Go that route for guitars.

• Saying "you won't get the sound of a concert Steinway out of a Rhodes" is like saying "you won't get concert tenor sax sound out of a flute."

A more practical way of looking at it might be to ask this question.
    Was anyone really expecting to get "concert Steinway" sound out of their iPads?

• Negative or not, I do think @PieterrVos' comments are sincere, not just deliberate trolling. And he says things many others probably think but choose not to say. I really love the genereally super-positive energy on this forum, but sincere criticism is always good.

@PieterrVos, since you said earlier that you'll never buy guitarism (and I believe you) I just sent you a promo code via private message on this forum. So now you won't have to buy the app, you can try it out for free :) Would love to hear your thoughts!

Note to any other guitarism haters out there, this isn't a repeatable technique ;)

• I hate BMWs! Anyone have a promo code to sway my opinion? ;-). Cool gesture @Rhism.

• Way cool of you Rhism! Personally, I wouldn't have done it. :-)

--Sean

• Sincere, maybe. Interesting, helpful and informative, not so much.

• Haha...@Rhism love that last line!

A very cool play too. Reckon you could probably hold your own at a poker table! :)

• Nice gesture @Rhism

I think all the mumble suck :)

• Hi Rhism , sorry for my late reply . I'm in the hospital at the moment and the connection isn't so good :-P . I had a stroke a week ago and my left side is paralised . I haven't tried your app yet , I'm looking forward to start rehab on da real thing ;-) . I play with my fingers , and fingers and a thumb can sound very differenth . Where fingers and nails can sound like crystal , a thumb can sound like driving the sound through a LPF ( think of Jeff Beck and Wes Montgommery ) . I'm looking forward to try the app . Yours Pieter :-)

• @PieterrVos I wish you a speedy recovery from your illness.