Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Coming Shoom! Very Shoom!

Shoom by Yuri Turov should drop on the App Store today or tomorrow. YMMV, depending where you live. Shipping with IAA and Audiobus compatibility, you can learn more about it on his site:

http://yuriturov.com/shoom/

Out of the gates, I'm told Shoom will feature several presets based on the many inspired and interesting suggestions from AB Forum members in this thread:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/12499/what-kind-of-sounds-would-you-like-to-hear-from-an-app-called-shoom

Thanks again for everyone who shared ideas - if you purchase Shoom, hopefully you'll recognize your own sonical, noisical and/or musical suggestion in the title and sound of one of these presets :smiley:

Comments

• I am ready!
    gimme gimme gimme

• I will no longer mourn the abandoned Dr OM and Noizemusick apps. Plus you can play chords and melodies as well!

• edited April 2016

@eustressor said:
    I will no longer mourn the abandoned Dr OM and Noizemusick apps. Plus you can play chords and melodies as well!

Wow. Dr Om? Really? That's a happy bar you're setting of vaguely controlled mayhem and power etc. Expectations are higher than a nun on her first visit to Amsterdam.

• edited April 2016

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@eustressor said:
    I will no longer mourn the abandoned Dr OM and Noizemusick apps. Plus you can play chords and melodies as well!

Wow. Dr Om? Really? That's a happy bar you're setting of vaguely controlled mayhem and power etc. Expectations are higher than a nun on her first visit to Amsterdam.

Might be there's even a preset resembling the legendary sound of a certain classic car coming in to land. However, since the reference source was the slightly less legendary sound of a VW Tiguan, your nun should probably stop in Frankfurt for a dunkel or three before heading off to Amsterdam :wink:

• edited April 2016

Good, I'm jonesing for a nice new synth app.

• Looks like BeBot on steroids, nice!

• Yum - new app for the weekend!

• @Samu said:
    Looks like BeBot on steroids, nice!

That's what I though , I was going to buy bebot this weekend but looks like it's been well and truly trumped ;))

• @eustressor said:
    Shoom by Yuri Turov should drop on the App Store today or tomorrow. YMMV, depending where you live. Shipping with IAA and Audiobus compatibility, you can learn more about it on his site:

Out of the gates, I'm told Shoom will feature several presets based on the many inspired and interesting suggestions from AB Forum members in this thread:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/12499/what-kind-of-sounds-would-you-like-to-hear-from-an-app-called-shoom

Thanks again for everyone who shared ideas - if you purchase Shoom, hopefully you'll recognize your own sonical, noisical and/or musical suggestion in the title and sound of one of these presets :smiley:

Any idea of price ? Unless it's pushing the upper eschalons this will be an insta-buy for me

• @carol said:

@Samu said:

That's what I though , I was going to buy bebot this weekend but looks like it's been well and truly trumped ;))

• @eustressor said:

I'll be buying this for sure, as it looks like my kind of app, and I love Xynthesizr. However, just from demos, it looks fairly similar to Ondes by Olympia Noise Co.? Or am I mistaken there? Really looking forward to the release of this one, as I'm already excited about the possibilities of pairing this up with some apeSoft/Amazing Noises effects apps to get crazy.

• instabuy for me too, my only worry is how to sync it with other apps... I hope that it will be easy/straightforward...

• @carol said:

@Samu said:

Doesn't seem anything like Bebot to me. Could be wrong. Looks more like a cross between Fieldscaper, iDensity & Samplr. Only thing similar to Bebot is the pad I think.

We'll see soon enough.

• @carol said:
    Any idea of price ? Unless it's pushing the upper eschalons this will be an insta-buy for me

From the man himself, posted Sunday in the iPad Musician's Group on Facebook:

"Introductory price is going to be around 7 bucks"

• @eustressor said:

@carol said:

From the man himself, posted Sunday in the iPad Musician's Group on Facebook:

"Introductory price is going to be around 7 bucks"

That's about a fiver in uk money . Perfect :))

• He told me $6 yesterday

• I want it now. That's all.

• Is it here yet

• I know, right?! It's like waiting for Santa ;)

• Seems like years since I bought an apCOME ON WHERE ISIT

• @carol said:
    Seems like years since I bought an apCOME ON WHERE ISIT

Oh dear... We DO need appaholic intervention help don't we? ;)

• I've managed to use replacement therapy to get over my app addiction, so I have the fear shoom might send me over the edge again, can't wait to try it.

• is Shoom in the room yet?

• just checked nope. Hurry, please..........

• edited April 2016

Erm. Bueller?

• I'm hoping to be able to import scales from Scalegen or create them in-app. Otherwise, I may take some convincing.

• @aaronpc - it ships with a LOT of scale/key options, and you can roll your own. Not sure about import.

• Having just watched Jakob's new demo, I can see that Shoom offers a lot of different possibilities from Ondes (which I still highly recommend, BTW). I see a lot of Shoom in my weekend plans.

• Come on......

• I mean, really though. Friday afternoon, nothing on my plate that isn't due until Monday morning. The house is quiet, the sun is out, the porch is swept....