Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus over wifi

edited December 2012 in General App Discussion

Once upon a time, Audiobus was going to stream sound to a second device over wifi. Is that still part of the plan?

Comments

• Yes. But we're swamped with other requests that might be easier and faster to test/implement... and might actually be more useful than that.

So it's definitely still something we want, but we're probably not going to add it very soon.

• Thank you, Sebastian. What I'm hoping to do -- if it's feasible -- is use my iPod Touch 4G as a recorder/sequencer, and leave the actual sound production to newer devices (iPod Touch 5G, iPad 2).

• @dswo If all you want to do with it is record, probably better off using a cable. Stereo input interfaces cost more than Audiobus (!) but you can do it right now and not worry about network latency and the like.

• Unfortunately, Apple did not make it easy to get stereo audio into this generation of iPod and iPhone. If only they would open up the CCK again to iPod and iPhone users...

• That's exactly the device I use and I bought it for exactly this purpose. :) It's been great. Plus, a decent mic for quick recording (works on both the iPhone and ipad).

• Ah! That's very good to know -- thanks for responding.