Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bought Bebot, and still cannot believe it!

How come nobody screem on top of buildings how awesome this app is. That this is THE most lyricaly expressive synth out there. The sound engine is so rich, and tone control so natural, I am addicted. And It is the perfect match with fx apps such as flux:fx, tonestack, filtration, ape etc.

As a guitar player, I have been looking for, without success until now, for something on ipad that would give enough control on tone and pitch to compete with what a guitar player gets from the direct finger/string contact and what it allow.

Made some search after discovering it to find more apps like this and was quite unimpressed. Tachyon is the closest thing to my opinion with this crossfading between 2 instruments that has something very interesting "expressionly wise".
Thumbjam would become a monster with such a feature, hello devs! ;)

I even went for Morphwiz and Geo synth, but their sound engine is weak compared to Bebot. Tone control and interface feels also much more natural with Bebot. Morphwiz grid like disposition of notes whatever the scale is unintuitive, for a musician. Sound intervals and distance between notes goes together, at least on piano and string instrument. The way that pitch lock during slide is also more "artificial" with both compared to B.
Both would need a major update to compete against Bebot. Kind of disapointing considering their price point. Update please!!!

I also programmed TC-11 to control Nave with interesting sound results, but the interface, though programable, never reach the feel of a musical instrument.

What do you think? Any other hidden treasure off radar?

Comments

• Dude, it's Bebot.

• I know it sounds odd, but some patches with auto tune mode to slow that allow vibrato effect, in a good sound system with the right amount of fx it bloom... 2$

• @Philippe said:
    How come nobody screem on top of buildings how awesome this app is. That this is THE most lyricaly expressive synth out there. The sound engine is so rich, and tone control so natural, I am addicted. And It is the perfect match with fx apps such as flux:fx, tonestack, filtration, ape etc.

As a guitar player, I have been looking for, without success until now, for something on ipad that would give enough control on tone and pitch to compete with what a guitar player gets from the direct finger/string contact and what it allow.

Made some search after discovering it to find more apps like this and was quite unimpressed. Tachyon is the closest thing to my opinion with this crossfading between 2 instruments that has something very interesting "expressionly wise".
    Thumbjam would become a monster with such a feature, hello devs! ;)

I even went for Morphwiz and Geo synth, but their sound engine is weak compared to Bebot. Tone control and interface feels also much more natural with Bebot. Morphwiz grid like disposition of notes whatever the scale is unintuitive, for a musician. Sound intervals and distance between notes goes together, at least on piano and string instrument. The way that pitch lock during slide is also more "artificial" with both compared to B.
    Both would need a major update to compete against Bebot. Kind of disapointing considering their price point. Update please!!!

I also programmed TC-11 to control Nave with interesting sound results, but the interface, though programable, never reach the feel of a musical instrument.

What do you think? Any other hidden treasure off radar?

Bebot was one of the first apps that I bought for iOS, and I thought that it had a really beautiful sound. I think that it's easy to write off as a novelty because it puts so much emphasis on the cuteness of its graphics, but the synth engine does have a lot of power -- and, let's be real, the presentation is amazing. Is there a greater joy in this world than seeing a cartoon robot sing his little heart out at your demand?

Thanks for reminding me of this kick-ass app.

• Bebot makes me happy.

• Bebot for life.

Do you have Animoog? Adjusting the keyboard correction and glide to suit can be very expressive.

• BeBot has been on all my iOS devices for as long as I can remember and it's still one of those apps that gets a lot of love from me. Amazingly it still works just fine under iOS9.3.1. Hope it continues to work under iOS10 too when it's released :)

• edited April 2016

What about synthx? Does it compare? I haven't tried any of these other apps mentioned here but I have synthx

• I love Bebot, just played it the other day.

• Funny what pleasure we can get from some apps. Have spent many happy hours making Hexaglyphics talk to me :p

• And my kids are loving it... It makes them experiment music even at 3 years old... Gotaluvit ! B)

• Recently got bebot as well. In addition to sounding great, i appreciate how you can freely resize the keys all the way down to really tiny. It's still ahead of its time

• Hey thanks everyone for your answers!

Animoog, yeah I got, forgot though about the keys control options, good reminder, I look for digging more into it.

SynthX indeed, sent an email yeasterday to dev to request connectivity feature update. Found out though that it has a recorder and audiocopy which brought it back to life.

Discovered Hexaglyphics this week, love it, looped + effects = Great jamming time!

• Does Bebot connect to anything virtually or only via audio-out?

• @Nathan said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Funny what pleasure we can get from some apps. Have spent many happy hours making Hexaglyphics talk to me :p

Tried that, but what I got sounded like the Devil, or Peter Mandelson, not sure. ;)

Or substitute pretty much any British politician living off the fat of the land and sucking the people dry :p

• The BB-8 sounds from the force awakens could've been made on this.

• I'd dismissed this early on. Not sure why. Maybe I thought it was a dated toy?

Just bought it after reading this thread and watching the video.

love it!

• @ion677 said:
    The BB-8 sounds from the force awakens could've been made on this.

according to Bill Hader, 'BB-8 Vocal Consultant', some iPad app was used in making BB-8's voice.

• You guys always kill me, first there was a posting about no new apps that were appealing. Then this one comes out with an ages old app and I bought it cause of all the hype. Man, you guys are right but you aren't helping my app addiction at all!

Very nice addition, I should have bought it years ago. Nice sounds.

• @skiphunt said:
    I'd dismissed this early on. Not sure why. Maybe I thought it was a dated toy?

Me too , didn't realise it was a serious app , or had good connectivity . Might have to get this too

• @carol said:

@skiphunt said:

Me too , didn't realise it was a serious app , or had good connectivity . Might have to get this too

It's actually pretty cool. Fun for sure, but not just that. Useful. :)

• @carol said:

@skiphunt said:

Carol. I promise. You'll feel good about yourself. And when faced with facile existential questions in this increasingly Dilbert-like world you will be able to smile inside and simply whisper Bebot. It's the angels' Beetlejuice.

• Great sounding app!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@carol said:

@skiphunt said:

Carol. I promise. You'll feel good about yourself. And when faced with facile existential questions in this increasingly Dilbert-like world you will be able to smile inside and simply whisper Bebot. It's the angels' Beetlejuice.

If only nirvana was so easily attainable , Johnny Goodyear lmao

• Just bought this. Really fun and usable. Reminds me a bit of a more whimsical and synth based Thumb Jam. With a singing robot, of course. No brainer for $2.

• Mwish it had midi in_

• A bit surprised at the numbers who are just buying this. I thought this was a prerequisite for the appaholics club. I have a one year old grandson who is already hooked. I almost feel guilty for promoting this sort of behavior, but I do lock the liquor cabinet at least.

• My son's first word.

• Loaded in AUM and for second I thought midi was there but it is still an amazing app! Worth the $20 bucks! o:)