Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bias FX with Itrack dock, inconsistent levels with cloud presets...

So I'm plugging into the app via the docks "instrument" input and I don't use the gain knob on the dock since there is an input slider in the app.

When trying out metal presets but sometimes clean tones too, the output is completely maxed out and even adjusting the input slider isn't enough to get it consistently in the green. Other times it's spot on.

Is this something that can be fixed?

Also, is the background noise with distorted amps normal?

Comments

• I would expect the gain knob on the interface (itrack) to work in tandem (series) with whatever you can adjust in the app (BIAS - input and output) - they will all be adjusting the volume so you will need to find the "sweet spot" for the gain setting on the itrack that doesn't overload the app. I have a Scarlett 18i8 and a light around the gain knob turns red when the input is too high (strum heavily on an open E chord for example), does yours do the same? If so, turn down the gain on the interface. It does sound like you have too much gain before the signal even gets to the app...
    In my limited experience, different amp modellers have different volume levels and even patches/presets within a single app can be very different in terms of volume/gain - I have to be quite careful when scrolling through presets as some of them threaten to blow my speakers / ears!