Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Speed up your IOS 9 device with the Assistive Touch glitch.

I posted this in another thread, but figure everyone might like to be aware of this. There is a glitch in IOS 9 that allows you to turn off the fade-in animations when opening apps and removes other animations, as well. There is no risk to doing this, as it is easily removed with a reboot. I have done it on my phone, and long not having to watch fancy transitions when all I want is to get to whatever app I'm trying to open. Unlocking your device is much faster, too.

@Igneous1 asked in the other thread if this was the same as turning Reduce Motion on. It is not. The video below shows how to activate the glitch, and compares the results with a "non-glitched" phone. The non-glitched phone has Reduce Motion turned on, and there is a noticeable difference.

No jailbreak necessary. No risk of harm to your device. No more animations. Enjoy!

Comments

• Man , this is insane! I had reduced motion , disabled transparency but this glitch is great!
    iPad Air on the Air again!

• interesting, but has anyone else tried with AIR 2 and ios 9.3.1? I think it's not possible. Had a quick try but the icon very quickly jumps down the screen by default so perhaps the bug is fixed?

• I read a comment where it says it is patched in iOS 9.3.1

• It is not patched in 9.3.1. I have it working on my iPhone which is running 9.3.1. As far as I know, it will work on all devices running iOS 9.

Sometimes it takes several tries to get the timing right.

• Tried again and got it to work :)
    Nice tip! will see how it affects performance....

• Nice and working

• Did an overload test with audiobus ,synthmaster, zed synth, turnado,fluxFX,dub filter,gliderverb and elastic drums.
    With no tweaks can't switch to another app. Disaster and millions of audio glitches.
    With reduced motion, no transparency when switching app it glitches for 3-4 seconds.
    Now ,with the "no animation" tweak , the audio glitch seems more aggressive but it's only for a second (or 2 max)
    So I find it way useful .Hope Apple add this in the settings ,or at least does not patch it in future updates.

• it worked on my phone but i gave up on Air 2 after many many tries :smile: both are on 9.3

• I hadn't any feedback like in the video with the assistive touch but it definitely worked anyway

• edited April 2016

@Carnbot said:
    interesting, but has anyone else tried with AIR 2 and ios 9.3.1? I think it's not possible. Had a quick try but the icon very quickly jumps down the screen by default so perhaps the bug is fixed?

Working on my Air 9.3.1. Took a lot of attempts to get it, but it's possible!

It looks like this will be my last OS update for a while ;)

For Audiobus remote users, this is unreal. Can switch through apps like lightning!!

O

• edited April 2016

So cool, thanks to let us know @Sonicflux !!!!

Worked on my Iphone 5 /9.3.1
    Ipad 4 / 9.3.1
    Ipad pro / 9.3.1, note that on the pro you need to be really fast to get it...took me an hundred times to get it...

• The other good thing about this is the IAA soft reset action doesn't reset it too :) So you can kill all background IAA apps without having to do it again.

• @carnbot sorry I don't understand. What's IAA soft reset ? (is it pressing stop button, then press home button long ?) if yes I did not understand what was that about...

• It's a pain doing it after every restart but I guess one gers more efficient at making it work.

• Well I stand corrected, it is quicker. It took ages to get though on my Air2, still need more attempts on the phone.
    If you need to reboot, I presume it will have to be done again ?

• @crony said:
    @carnbot sorry I don't understand. What's IAA soft reset ? (is it pressing stop button, then press home button long ?) if yes I did not understand what was that about...

it's the action when you hold the power button until you see the screen with "slide to power off" then hold the home button (with power button released) after a few seconds you will be reset and taken to the home screen.

• Please post the steps?

• Here's a link to the original instructions. You may have to perform the swiping action several times to get it to work.

https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/49capx/tutorial_disable_ios_system_animations_opening/

• @Igneous1 said:
    Well I stand corrected, it is quicker. It took ages to get though on my Air2, still need more attempts on the phone.

Yes...

@Carnbot said:

@crony said:
    @carnbot sorry I don't understand. What's IAA soft reset ? (is it pressing stop button, then press home button long ?) if yes I did not understand what was that about...

it's the action when you hold the power button until you see the screen with "slide to power off" then hold the home button (with power button released) after a few seconds you will be reset and taken to the home screen.

Yes, but why should we have to reset IAA for ?

• @crony said:
    So cool, thanks to let us know @Sonicflux !!!!

Worked on my Iphone 5 /9.3.1
    Ipad 4 / 9.3.1
    Ipad pro / 9.3.1, note that on the pro you need to be really fast to get it...took me an hundred times to get it...

Just a little question. But after you updated to iOS 9.3.1(like I have), is your battery draining down very quickly? Because mine is. I'm on Air 1. It was ok on iOS 9.3, but since the other(iOS 9.3.1), the drain is quite noticeable.

• @crony said:

@Igneous1 said:
    Well I stand corrected, it is quicker. It took ages to get though on my Air2, still need more attempts on the phone.

Yes...

@Carnbot said:

@crony said:

Yes, but why should we have to reset IAA for ?

This is for when you get zombie IAA apps which are open in the background and haven't been killed properly when quitting apps.

• edited April 2016

This certainly makes a difference on my iPad 2.

You can see the effect of it here, on two in-progress versions of my latest composition, where I start the drum track first. Here’s as normal:

and here’s with this trick in place:

(they both have a bit of a slow start)

• It really makes a difference. 6+ and Air got boosted. Thanks @Sonicflux

• Amazing, the things you have to do, to wrestle control back from Apples crippleware OS. When people decide they want a real Pro OS, probably by not upgrading their hardware, maybe Apple will then wake up and give people a greater degree of control over iOS.

• I managed to get it to work on the Air2 pretty easy, but as soon as I turn on Multitouch gestures (you have to turn them off for this to work) the Air2 reboots and it's all moot.

• @knewspeak said:
    maybe Apple will then wake up and give people a greater degree of control over iOS.

That's doubtful. It took them something like 8 years to simply show lower case letters on the keyboard. They do take some cues from the jailbreak community, but it takes Apple an extremely long time to implement the good ideas.