Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Remixlive, new clip launch app

Comments

• What Nathan said...

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    What Nathan said...

Ditto.

• App description mentions opening recordings in other apps. Audio copy?

• edited March 2016

It would be useable with Audioshare rather than iTunes for sample import.

It has transpose function and bpm detection function that launchpad lacks

So I think it's one to watch

• i was wondering how long it would take for the panning question. And @kobamoto now has "handlers" to take care of this.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    i was wondering how long it would take for the panning question. And @kobamoto now has "handlers" to take care of this.

Hehe Just helping a fellow musician in their quest :D

• edited March 2016

One main difference between this and Launchpad is that you can play multiple samples from the same column, which in theory means you could play 48 loops together. With Launchpad it is 8.
    Undecided yet if this is an advantage or whether it will just make me lazy in building my loops
    One puzzle, if they have tempo change then why no Link, and iTunes for sample import, really?

Launchpad still my current leader.

• We're in The Loop Season and no mistake...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    We're in The Loop Season and no mistake...

• @Nathan said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Yes, they also mention reversing samples, which is presumably part of an IAP.

Yet again, I fail to understand the logic behind releasing an app intended to directly compete with Launchpad, yet offering only bog standard samples and no connectivity.

Had the devs just waited until they'd added AB, IAA, Link and a few of the enhancements that Launchpad lacks, the app could've got off to a flying start, instead of playing catch up with itself.

Sometimes these things have to be pushed out the door a little early to generate "money" which is some sort of "highly determinant factor" with regards to "staying alive in modern society."

• thanks Andy, some of us need all the help we can get lol , so does remix live allow you to delete the samples it came with?

• @carol said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    We're in The Loop Season and no mistake...

I see what you did there.

• wow , the fx look pretty underwhelming, I would have expected a dj company like them to excel in this regard.... not so. launchpad looks like it kills in this regard.... strangely enough though they have some extensive sample editing on offer... It's a topsy turvy world we are living in.

• I understand some apps need to get out the gate early.

I'm hoping it's not the new thing - releasing apps with certain major features missing on initial release. Seems quite common of late.

• from the video it looks like what they call advanced audio editing does not have 'zoom' for start and end points, can anyone confirm this? ... for a paid feature I would definitely like zoom, shouldn't have to pay for that imo

• waiting on Patterning to get zoom as well!!!

• I think the best thing this remix live app does is show all of us exactly what level of dev is possible with this kind of app currently. Definitely raised the bar in some regards.

• Too bad the beat repeat effect is global only. This app just sort of makes me want to reinstall Launchpad, but now I'm into the Modstep thing, so, yeah..

• Well, at least the iPhone version allows one to import samples.... :smile:

• @Audiojunkie said:
    Well, at least the iPhone version allows one to import samples.... :smile:

import from where?

• edited April 2016

Doesn't launchpad for iOS only allow 8 samples playing at a time? With remixlive you can do 24 at once!

• @Telengard said:
    Doesn't launchpad for iOS only allow 8 samples playing at a time? With remixlive you can do 24 at once!

Sounds great, but not that useful in practice.

It's an either on or off feature of Remix Live. Meaning that you can't cue loops if you have all at once, you would have to click off one loop and on another.

• Yes> @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Telengard said:

It's an either on or off feature of Remix Live. Meaning that you can't cue loops if you have all at once, you would have to click off one loop and on another.

I guess it depends on how you perform as you would just have to make sure your dexterity was up to par. I find 8 to be too restrictive sometimes for me as I like to pull my drum kits apart so I can individually mute/unmute each rhythmic element separately and change their start beat location to be a beat or two off, if that makes sense.

• @Nathan said:
    Which proves my earlier point. Had Remixlive drooped with all guns blazing, it's reception could've been so much better. Now, while it is generating interest, everyone is waiting for it to pull its trousers up.

I'm guessing that "drooped" is a rather apt typo... :)

• @kobamoto said:
    thanks Andy, some of us need all the help we can get lol , so does remix live allow you to delete the samples it came with?

Not that I can find so far no.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Telengard said:

I'd like launchpad to have this with a setting per column so some columns allow multi loops for drums and others don't for melody and harmony

• @AndyPlankton said:

@kobamoto said:
    thanks Andy, some of us need all the help we can get lol , so does remix live allow you to delete the samples it came with?

Not that I can find so far no.

Nor can I find a way to delete recorded loops from the user folder.

• @Nathan said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Yes, they also mention reversing samples, which is presumably part of an IAP.

Yet again, I fail to understand the logic behind releasing an app intended to directly compete with Launchpad, yet offering only bog standard samples and no connectivity.

Had the devs just waited until they'd added AB, IAA, Link and a few of the enhancements that Launchpad lacks, the app could've got off to a flying start, instead of playing catch up with itself.

Reversing is included, not an iap